Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2426 2427 [2428] 2429 2430 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4221784 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36405 on: April 23, 2020, 05:31:55 pm »

Both more serious and more of a light-hearted take on current events: https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1253346778629443586

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36406 on: April 23, 2020, 06:25:29 pm »

Yeah the last two days in WI have seen the largest daily increases since they started testing.

Big first sentence but it was 225 cases yesterday and 207 today, and I think the reason for that is (hopefully) an increase in testing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36407 on: April 23, 2020, 08:17:46 pm »

Fear not, for our glorious leader has found the cure to COVID-19.  By injecting disinfectant directly into our veins, we can "clean" our bodies free of the virus.  Checkmate, Democrats.

Note: do not do this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:25:59 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36408 on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:21 pm »

...I had to do a double-take before I realized that wasn't an Onion article.

I have no words.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36409 on: April 23, 2020, 08:46:32 pm »

My, you;re right. It’s an Independent article. I wish this was satire, but it’s not..here’s hoping people do not inject disinfectant in themselves
Disinfectant kills cells. We are made of cells. It kills bacteria. Our bodies are host to numerous mutualistic bacteria

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #36410 on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:34 pm »

Glorious Science of Poland has already determined that to cure the virus you must inject a mixture of gold, silver and peroxide into your veins. Decadent West stands in awe and enviously plots to steal glory of our science.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36411 on: April 23, 2020, 09:03:18 pm »

Everyone knows that true believers who are covered in the blood of our savior Jesus Christ, King of Poland, shall never be sick so long as their faith is strong. Covid is our blessing, to remove the nonbelievers in our midst.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36412 on: April 24, 2020, 04:47:37 am »

Jesus Christ? I believe you mean John Paul.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36413 on: April 24, 2020, 04:56:00 am »

That's just a mistranslation, they're the same thing in the original Polish version of the Gospel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36414 on: April 24, 2020, 02:49:05 pm »

Fear not, for our glorious leader has found the cure to COVID-19.  By injecting disinfectant directly into our veins, we can "clean" our bodies free of the virus.  Checkmate, Democrats.

Note: do not do this.

Did he actually say "veins"? From the article it looks like we're supposed to inject it into our lungs.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36415 on: April 24, 2020, 02:52:26 pm »

It's not clear as he is barely coherent, but after re-reading it it does seem like he may specifically be talking about the lungs.  Correction: do not inject disinfectant into a vein, that would be silly.  Instead, inject it directly into your lungs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36416 on: April 24, 2020, 02:58:56 pm »

I love the vaguely "I don't get why this is so hard" tone he strikes when talking about this. It's almost like life is more fucking complicated than shit posting on Twitter, or something.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:19:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36417 on: April 24, 2020, 05:28:38 pm »

The generous explanation I've heard from his supporters is he is just spitballing ideas. Not necessarily good ideas, but just ideas to see if anyone wants to run with them and see if there's anything to them.

I can understand that explanation to a point. But that's the sort of thing you do in a private meeting with advisors. Not in a public press conference in front of reporters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36418 on: April 24, 2020, 06:20:21 pm »

As you say, nationally televised press conferences on an emerging crisis isn't the time for spitballing. Another thing an actually qualified leader would understand.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36419 on: April 24, 2020, 06:57:33 pm »

Huh. Looks like there's actually been a spike in parts of the country in disinfectant ingestion. Maryland seems to have sent out an alert to, uh. Not. Do that.

So any hope that people wouldn't be that stupid is apparently quite dead :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2426 2427 [2428] 2429 2430 ... 3566