Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4221666 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36420 on: April 24, 2020, 06:59:38 pm »

Yeah the BBC did a fact check on Trump’s recent remarks.

Funnily enough, they concluded that injecting or ingesting disinfectant is a Bad Idea which won’t help with coronavirus.

Equally so, UV light on the skin won’t help with coronavirus.

Helpful stuff.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36421 on: April 24, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »

Well, ingesting enough disinfectant would actually work to eliminate the virus, by depriving it of a suitable environment for survival and reproduction.
As in, by killing the host.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36422 on: April 24, 2020, 07:24:28 pm »

Trump's next moment of clarity:
UV light kills virus.... UV light is radiation.... Eureka, radiation kills virus..
Inb4 Trump nukes you all
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36423 on: April 24, 2020, 08:27:50 pm »

Helpful stuff.

No, you need to remove your lungs, and expose those to UV light for it to work. Duh.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36424 on: April 24, 2020, 08:58:05 pm »

Helpful stuff.

No, you need to remove your lungs, and expose those to UV light for it to work. Duh.

I can't just inhale the UV energy?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #36425 on: April 24, 2020, 09:01:42 pm »

The generous explanation I've heard from his supporters is he is just spitballing ideas.

Trump's statement today in response to these questions, is that yesterday he was in fact being sarcastic when he suggested injecting disinfectant and heat lamps to cure COVID.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36426 on: April 24, 2020, 09:14:14 pm »

CNN not even attempting to hide their contempt with their headline into him walking back.

It’s essentially “lying liar lies about lying!”

It shows great leadership to be sarcastic during a crisis in which thousands of people have died. He should be proud.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #36427 on: April 24, 2020, 10:00:35 pm »

Trump's playbook when he gets caught saying something stupid is pretty transparent at this point.

First instinct is to double down. No doubt his aides told him it would look really really bad if his followers were actually stupid enough to kill themselves following his advice, so that wouldn't work.

Second plan is to accuse his opponents of doing the same or worse. Not a lot of material to work with in this situation.

Third idea is to deny that it ever happened. This was recorded on national TV, so that wouldn't go over well.
Idea 3-B is to admit that it did happen, but was not what it appeared to be. The fake news media are willfully misinterpreting his words as part of their latest illegal witch hunt.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36428 on: April 24, 2020, 10:56:30 pm »

That strategy works well with the media's short attention span. Trump could drag any negative coverage out long enough that the next big story hit. However, it may not be optimal with the current crisis. Trump really does appear to be on the back foot now. His distractions aren't distracting any more.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36429 on: April 24, 2020, 11:09:01 pm »

Trekkin, I’ve just come here to remind everyone of your old bleach-chugging joke. I’m tempted to make a joke about natural selection here, but it’d be in poor taste, and in all honesty wouldn’t really be a joke.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:17:52 pm by thompson »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36430 on: April 24, 2020, 11:09:58 pm »

If his pathological level of bullshittery forces the media to rediscover that it has a memory longer than that of a goldfish, and that it is OK to hold leadership accountable, it would do the country a world of good.

Sadly, because all of the MSM is owned by 9 large corporate holders, and all of them are Mammon worshipers, that will never happen.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36431 on: April 24, 2020, 11:24:13 pm »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36432 on: April 24, 2020, 11:27:36 pm »

Mammon is the deification of money/capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammon

People who are devoted to the acquisition of money, the excesses of hoarding material wealth, and of judging the value of a person based on how well they have managed to do those things, are defacto worshipers of Mammon.

Take it tongue-in-cheek.  I do not mean they hold religious ceremonies with dollar bills.  I mean that they are more or less a-religious, but the spot in their lives that more religious people devote to their religion, these people devote to the growth of their portfolios and net-worths.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36433 on: April 24, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »

Mammon is the deification of money/capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammon

People who are devoted to the acquisition of money, the excesses of hoarding material wealth, and of judging the value of a person based on how well they have managed to do those things, are defacto worshipers of Mammon.

Take it tongue-in-cheek.  I do not mean they hold religious ceremonies with dollar bills.  I mean that they are more or less a-religious, but the spot in their lives that more religious people devote to their religion, these people devote to the growth of their portfolios and net-worths.
thank you. I’ve seen you use the word in Discord but didn’t know what it was

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36434 on: April 25, 2020, 06:54:26 am »

Goldfish have much longer memories than the “3 seconds of memory” myth

"Memory like a Goldfish" is just an expression.

However, if you're going to take things super-literally then you can't pick and choose like that.

A human with the literal attention-span of a literal goldfish would actually have a very short memory. A goldfish is only proven to keep memories for 5 months according to your link. A human can store memories for 90+ years: a 200-times longer memory. Hence, "memory like a goldfish" still works as an insult, even if we adjust our nerd-glasses and do a "well, actually ..."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 06:58:44 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 ... 3566