Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210674 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30645 on: June 13, 2019, 10:06:42 am »

It doesn't take into account how well any given adminstration will handle the recession. If the Trump admin is anything to go by, it's not clear that they won't absolutely bungle it.

Also, I looked at the current real interest rate and using the 10 year ratio that article uses, it's apparently 0.42, though to be honest, I'm not 100% sure I'm looking at the right data https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=realyield , plus it changed quite a bit within two weeks.

Good luck with that.

Shitler thinks that the new order down there is his southern kin.

It's not so much that than what does Rep. Khanna think the Trump admin can even do about it if Trump were interested.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:24:12 am by smjjames »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #30646 on: June 13, 2019, 11:49:38 am »

It's not so much that than what does Rep. Khanna think the Trump admin can even do about it if Trump were interested.
*bring bring*
Hello?
Yes, this is Drumpf. I need you to stop attacking reporters.
No.
Well, shit, I tried. Have a nice day.
You too.
*click*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30647 on: June 13, 2019, 01:10:46 pm »

Donald trolls by saying he’d accept information on a 2020 opponent from a foreign government, because that witch hunt he’s been going on about for two years ended long enough ago that he’s forgotten about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #30648 on: June 13, 2019, 01:13:47 pm »

Well I mean, he's certainly doing *something* that starts with a "t".  Yeah yeah I know, legally hard to prove, but disloyalty at the very least.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30649 on: June 13, 2019, 05:57:40 pm »

So, apparently this happened today.

I will kinda miss her blatant falsehoods; Wonder who Annoying Orange (toupee edition) will install to say them instead after she leaves.

I also wonder if she will suddenly about-face and give a really dirty tell-all once she officially exits.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30650 on: June 13, 2019, 06:04:13 pm »

Probably not, but I'm sure Trump will eventually.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30651 on: June 13, 2019, 08:16:22 pm »

Oh that’s good news. It boggles my mind that someone can peddle such patently obvious bullshit and keep a straight face the entire time.

“God wanted Trump to be President” was a particular highlight.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #30652 on: June 13, 2019, 08:26:30 pm »

Wonder who Annoying Orange (toupee edition) will install to say them instead after she leaves.

Does the Trump White House even need a spokesperson? They don't even bother addressing the media anymore. I doubt anything would change if he just left the position empty.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30653 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »

Wonder who Annoying Orange (toupee edition) will install to say them instead after she leaves.

Does the Trump White House even need a spokesperson? They don't even bother addressing the media anymore. I doubt anything would change if he just left the position empty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump leaves it empty for a while, after all Trump thinks that he is the best press secretary (along with being the center of infinity).

Still, I do wonder who Trump would replace her with since the job pretty much involves surgically attaching their lips to Trumps ass, which it's not supposed to be about.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30654 on: June 14, 2019, 02:26:27 pm »

It seems like Trump is wanting war with Iran. I'm guessing Saudi Arabia is secretly funding/backing that though. But isn't Saudi Arabia also an islam nation? Not sure why they just don't all get along over there since they are all the same religion. All the muslims I know are peaceful and really friendly toward me. Though maybe its not so much religion, but Saudi wanting that sweet black gold. Though granted they (Iran) apparently did been doing attacks on ships, one was videoed. Dunno how true the video is or not.

Though there is apparently also a lot of Islamophobics that have been coming out of the wood work since Trump has been gearing up for war. I noticed a lot of the news on both sides of the aisle is anti-saudi arabia. Which seems like a bunch of bigots to me, a reason just to hate a middle east nation just because they are muslim. Even if Saudi just wants oil (pretty sure that is what the Iran thing is really about), it gives racists a reason to be either anti-saudi arabia or anti-iran or both.

My opinion is that we should stay the hell out of other nations businesses. No Syria, no middle east in general, no Venezuela or any of that, don't need to be a bully and keep going in with such force. But it seems so many presidents keep wanting to be so forceful in other parts of the world and sending troops everywhere or sending money or weapons or whatever it happens to be. But the last few presidents been rather forceful in choosing sides when its not really US business to begin with.

(though post-edit...)

I do find it "funny" that trump supporters kept complaining that hillary would go to war with russia. But now they mostly support war with iran, which is hypocritical. Even if the same supporters (though this part goes to both sides of the aisle like I said) also hate saudi arabia
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:35:58 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30655 on: June 14, 2019, 02:38:15 pm »

Not sure why they just don't all get along over there since they are all the same religion.

One could say the same of Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism. Saudi Arabia is overwhelmingly Sunni (well, Wahhabi); Iran is mostly Shia. Leaving aside all the other things straining their relations, they're not exactly "the same religion."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:40:38 pm by Trekkin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30656 on: June 14, 2019, 02:41:07 pm »

I'm guessing Saudi Arabia is secretly funding/backing that though. But isn't Saudi Arabia also an islam nation? Not sure why they just don't all get along over there since they are all the same religion.
Seriously, dude. How the hell did the world wars start, eh?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30657 on: June 14, 2019, 02:42:55 pm »

I'm guessing Saudi Arabia is secretly funding/backing that though. But isn't Saudi Arabia also an islam nation? Not sure why they just don't all get along over there since they are all the same religion.
Seriously, dude. How the hell did the world wars start, eh?

I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30658 on: June 14, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »

Ah, I see you're a scholar of European histrionics.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30659 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:43 pm »

Though there is apparently also a lot of Islamophobics that have been coming out of the wood work since Trump has been gearing up for war. I noticed a lot of the news on both sides of the aisle is anti-saudi arabia. Which seems like a bunch of bigots to me, a reason just to hate a middle east nation just because they are muslim. Even if Saudi just wants oil (pretty sure that is what the Iran thing is really about), it gives racists a reason to be either anti-saudi arabia or anti-iran or both.

Read the actual complaints. Saudi Arabia has a lot of human rights issues, especially in their human rights for women:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia
The World Economic Forum's 2016 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 141 out of 144 countries for gender parity,[6] down from 134 out of 145 in 2015.

Additionally, many of the terrorists in 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia. Not because Saudi Arabia supports terrorism, but because the Saudi Arabian dictatorship is so oppressive that they rise up against it, and the USA is seen as militarily propping up Saudi Arabia.  Which is true. Trump for example signed a deal to send $350 billion worth of military equipment to Saudi Arabia over 10 years. Which is a phenomenal amount of hardware. Saudi Arabia is now the third highest spender on weapons after USA and China. Yes, Saudi Arabia is more militarized now than Russia or any European nation. This is important to keep in mind. Saudi Arabia is trying to set itself up as an all-powerful military hegemony in the region, and this is spilling over into clashes inside neighboring nations as Saudi Arabia extends its zone of influence and control. The media portrays Saudi Arabia as minding their own business, then Iran meddles in their neighboring nations and Saudi Arabia is just defending themselves. This is really really not true. Saudi Arabia is building a vast military juggernaut and they're not doing that just for border defense, because there are no real threats on their borders, Iran is miles away and has far less military spending. Saudi Arabia is extending their zone of influence through military power, and that's the source of those bordering conflicts. Iran is then allying with locals who oppose Saudi Arabia.

Those seeking to overthrow the Saudi Arabian government rightfully look at the USA as the biggest impediment to that goal. The Egyptian dictatorship under Mubarak was in a similar situation. Hence the number of Saudi Arabians and Egyptians involved in 9/11. But, Saudi Arabia is far more of military dictatorship juggernaut than Egypt ever was.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:04:10 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 3566