Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4185590 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

So apparently Trump decided to call the dead soldier's widow, and told her something along the lines of "well, I guess he did know what risks he was getting into".
At least that's what the widow and a member of Congress who was apparently present when the call took place said.

That's ... stone cold
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So apparently Trump decided to call the dead soldier's widow, and told her something along the lines of "well, I guess he did know what risks he was getting into".
At least that's what the widow and a member of Congress who was apparently present when the call took place said.

That's ... stone cold

And the widow and her mother have corroborated what the congresswoman said, and yes, that's what I thought when I saw it first "That's just cold." And this isn't going to be the last one.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Well, I guess it would have been worse. He could have said "he's fired!!"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Didn't trump just bitch about how Bush and Obama addressed widows of lost soldiers?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I guess it would have been worse. He could have said "he's fired!!"

Or some reprise of "I like people who didn't get captured."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Didn't trump just bitch about how Bush and Obama addressed widows of lost soldiers?

This is precisely why the congresswoman called him out on it, and prescisely why he finds himself in the present situation.

I’m trying to find some clever rhetorical way of saying “he brought this on himself” but he does this so often that it’s not really worth it.

Something about people in White House’s not trying to blacken someone else’s name?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I don't think I've done this in two AmeriPol threads, but with Orange Slice's recent unprecedented attendence of the super crazy Value Voters Summet, it's time for some Right Wing Watch.

Let's hit it off with a RWW star: Bryan Fischer tries to convince environmentalists to support cleaning 'spiritual pollution' through the death penalty.

Former US Justice Department prosecutor Larry Klayman spreads the conspiracy theory that the Vegas shooter was an FBI informant.

TruNews Christian radio host Rick Wiles talks about the Satanists who control the world and cause mass shootings.

Pastor and Prophet Jim Bakker just goes completely fucking crazy.

InfoWars reporter Owen Shroyer once again claims Michelle Obama is a transgender woman originally named Micheal Obama.

"Coach" Dave Daubinmire blames interracial relationships for America's weakness and calls multiculturalism Spiritual AIDS.

Infowars Founder Alex Jones denies sexual attraction to drag queens because they're space aliens.

Pastor of The River Rodney Howard-Browne disses Eminem as a poser who doesn't know the hood and accuses Hollywood of being human sacrificing cannibalistic pedophiles, also says acting involves being possessed by demonic spirits.

And now, the main event of the right wing year...

The Value Voters Summit

US Representative from Louisiana Mike Johnson advocates "unshackling the church" by repealing the Johnson Amendment so that pastors can "reassume their historical role" of telling people who God wants them to vote for.

Former Secretary of Education Bill Bennett says "we stand for the flag and kneel before God", accuses protestors of being "aliens to American culture". Quotes Plato and says children must be taught to be faithful patriots.

Former US Representative from Minnesota Michelle Bachmann craws out of the grave of history to preach hellfire and claim that all archeological finds support the Bible.

Former President of the Family Research Council and US Presidential Candidate Gary Bauer ironically calls the Left the "American Taliban" and says that people who oppose Confederate memorials simply hate America.

Founder of ACT For America Brigitte Gabriel issues an impressively comprehensive anti-immigration screed and reaches self-awareness all-time low by being a Lebanese-American.

Former Judge, Founder of the Foundation for Moral Law, and current US Senate candidate Roy Moore goes full brimstone preacher in rhyme.

NRA Spokeswoman and The Blaze reporter Dana Loesch declares feminism dead to desperately ward off accusations of misogyny.

Frequent Fox News guest Todd Starnes becomes champion of masculinity against the liberals who want to criminalize it.

Former Advisor to the President Sebastian Gorka & Executive Chairman of Breibart News and Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon declare war on the Republican Party establishment while being careful not to directly call for the assassination of Republican politicians.

President of the United States Donald Trump attends the Value Voters Summit, amongst all of the above, to declare that he is stopping cold the "attacks on Judeo-Christian values" and complain about people being "not allowed to talk about Christmas anymore".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:53:12 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Wait, is Alex Jones denying that he's attracted to drag queens because they're space aliens (and thus not objects of attraction), or denying that he's attracted to drag queens because they're space aliens (and is attracted to them for other reasons)?

e: Oh lordie that one's even better than I expected. "THEY HAVE THEIR WAY WITH YOUR CHILDREN IN DEMON OUTFITS"

And he finishes by throwing out his back along with the chair.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:58:23 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's an Alex Jones rant, you tell me.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if Left Wing Watch would have just as much crazy... I mean, we hear about their crazies all the time, but where are OUR crazies?

As for the Johnson amendment thing, pastors have been part of politics for a really long time, and it's kind of up to each congregation whether they want to hear politics or not.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The Johnson Amendment exists to preserve separation of church and state. If you allow churches to directly act as political organizations without being legally treated like political organizations, you badly contaminate this line. You endorse a candidate, you lose 501c status. Simple as that.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I wonder if Left Wing Watch would have just as much crazy... I mean, we hear about their crazies all the time, but where are OUR crazies?
Mostly on blogs and shitty news rags instead of talk radio and youtube shows. Might have shared this on B12 already, but I don't really remember. Came from a local paper.

She got a follow-up published that asserted that everything had been completely misrepresented by racists online... but that no she was actually 100% serious and white people should leave their homes and give them away to black people.

You get pants-on-head nutjobs from every ideology on the face of the Earth. It's not a factor of what they believe or think, but of their own rational faculties and grasp on reality. Just so happens that the American right is both a festering pit of stupid ideas that appeal to stupid people, and in possession of substantial infrastructure devoted to spreading the same. Doesn't hurt that there's plenty of money to be made doing it.

As for the Johnson amendment thing, pastors have been part of politics for a really long time, and it's kind of up to each congregation whether they want to hear politics or not.

As MSH said, U.S. religious institutions 100% do not get to officially take political positions if they want to keep their tax-exempt status. End of discussion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

The vast majority of religious institutions don't even want the Johnson rule removed, as it goes a long way toward keeping them from getting tied down in secular matters. While any church is more than willing to weigh in on issues -particularly ones that directly impact their congregation's spiritual or material welfare- very few of them want to start telling their flock exactly who to vote for outside of extremely narrow circumstances.

It is primarily the crackpots with TV shows and other extremely vocal celebrity "Christians" that are attacking (and misrepresenting) the rule, which unfortunately has created a significant support base for the removal of it because that minority is extremely loud. This loud minority is also extremely dishonest, which is why so many on the right vilify the ACLU - people genuinely don't believe that the ACLU is just as willing to stand up for Christians as they are for anybody else, there just aren't nearly as many cases of genuine anti-Christian discrimination for them to fight.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps if ACLU went international they could.... except they wouldn't be only American anymore.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

How the fuck are there so many people who take Alex Jones seriously? I stumbled upon his Youtube channel the other day and I had to check to make sure it wasn't satirical.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 3566