Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4180722 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver did say that it was meant to be a visual joke.

Trump says that he commends and supports a bipartisan effort for a short term fix to 'the obamacare mess', a mess that he made and exacerbated :P
I just ignore what he says at this point as it means nothing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

To be fair his timing for stopping the subsidies was probably the best it could've been in terms of economics. The insurance companies have time to actually gouge their prices provide fair market value now that they can factor in not receiving the subsidies for next years projections.

Having read the article holy shit does he not like taking responsibility.

The bipartisan fix is a short-term solution to the problem I created.

Any increase in Obamacare premiums is the minority Democrat's fault for providing us a "product" service you clown that never had a chance of working because I said I'd do something about it even though I have no idea what so I made an off the cuff decision, now I'm making other people fix those boneheaded decisions and I'll criticise them for not getting it perfect the first time.

Also holy shit that website, lots of redirects to nonsense if I leave it open.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Eh, for what it's worth trying to eliminate the subsidies to begin with was dead on arrival, just took a moment to void its bowels over everything rather than having the decency to be drying up or something. If he's backtracking now it's probably because he finally fucking listened to a legal team worth a damn when they told 'im it wasn't actually going to fly.

Though double checking the article seems to be mostly just that senate thing, which doesn't really have sod all to do with the jackass in chief far as I can recall? Eh, whatever.

... incidentally, apparently the latest travel ban has been hit with an injunction recently, if the thread hasn't already noticed. So hey, fun all around.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also holy shit that website, lots of redirects to nonsense if I leave it open.

I've never had that problem with it. I suppose problems might come up on mobile.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

In retrospect, it's a miracle Obama managed to do anything at all.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, nothing good happened until trump came along:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/trump-isis-raqqa/index.html

"I totally changed rules of engagement. I totally changed our military, I totally changed the attitudes of the military and they have done a fantastic job," Trump said on "The Chris Plante Show." "ISIS is now giving up, they are giving up, there are raising their hands, they are walking off. Nobody has ever seen that before."

When Plante asked why that hadn't happened before, Trump took the bait.

"Because you didn't have Trump as your president," he said. "It was a big difference, there was a big, big difference if you look at the military now."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Yup. Egomaniac.

Totally fits. 

"This new thing, that is just like that old thing that was bad? NOW it's super good, because *I* am in charge of it!"

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

ISIS guys prolly saw the whole US situation and were sympathetic.

"You guys have enough shit on your plate, we'll keep it down while you sort it out, k?"
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

It's extra funny because I explicitly remember him going something like "Okay now you guys come up with a way to handle this Isis thing) to his military staff at the early parts of this year.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

To be fair, he did loosen the rule of engagements a bit, probably at the request of his generals, even though the central strategy of Obama was retained, because, well, it was probably the best to be done at this point.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I mean. I guess? But did it actually make much of a difference? Last I recall most of the effort over there really just kinda' ain't the US doing it, and at least at the mo' I can't remember any mention of those loosened rules really doing jack all of note since trump's verbal diarrhea washed the shit to shore.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Is anyone surprised at this? At all? Trump is the living embodiment of the Barry Switzer quote, "Some people are born on third base and spend their whole life thinking they hit a triple."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean. I guess? But did it actually make much of a difference? Last I recall most of the effort over there really just kinda' ain't the US doing it, and at least at the mo' I can't remember any mention of those loosened rules really doing jack all of note since trump's verbal diarrhea washed the shit to shore.
He doesn't need to have done anything.  The US military is still at the least present in a supporting role, giving him the room to take the positive credit.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Changed title because that kerfluffle is quickly turning into Trump's equivalent of Benghazi and his handling of the whole thing isn't helping either. About time for a title blurb change anyway.

I don't know if it warrants the Benghazi comparison, but there are a hell of a lot of questions circling around it and what happened.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:17:21 pm by smjjames »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

its quite a covfefe either way
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 3566