Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4188751 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You say it's a strategic error as if the Democrats are the ones behind antifa, they aren't. Antifa (which is a panopoly of groups really) doesn't care about the Democratic party all that much.

You act like your political opponents are going to be reasonable and say "you know what, Antifa don't actually openly support the Democrats, let's not lump them all in together". They're clearly not going to sit down and be reasonable about this. You're all in Team Liberal as far as they are concerned.

The point is, Antifa could become ammo that the right uses to gee up their base for the 2018 elections. Then you have a rightward swing in politics instead of an anti-Trump backlash going on. So, Antifa's goals would have backfired. Nice tactics, shitty strategy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:06:33 pm by Reelya »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

You say it's a strategic error as if the Democrats are the ones behind antifa, they aren't. Antifa (which is a panopoly of groups really) doesn't care about the Democratic party all that much.

You act like your political opponents are going to be reasonable and say "you know what, Antifa don't actually openly support the Democrats, let's not lump them all in together". They're clearly not going to sit down and be reasonable about this. You're all in Team Liberal as far as they are concerned.

The point is, Antifa could become ammo that the right uses to gee up their base for the 2018 elections. Then you have a rightward swing in politics instead of an anti-Trump backlash going on. So, Antifa's goals would have backfired. Nice tactics, shitty strategy.
I get what you're saying and more or less agree with your overall point, but what smjjames is getting at is that your wording--
If this ends up tanking the 2018 elections then it would highlight the strategic error in creating a named organization with a uniform then going around attacking people.
--implies that the Democrats created "antifa" as a monolithic, uniform-wearing organization that is now backfiring on them. I'm not saying it's actually what you mean, but it's how it comes across.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get what you're saying and more or less agree with your overall point, but what smjjames is getting at is that your wording--
If this ends up tanking the 2018 elections then it would highlight the strategic error in creating a named organization with a uniform then going around attacking people.
--implies that the Democrats created "antifa" as a monolithic, uniform-wearing organization that is now backfiring on them. I'm not saying it's actually what you mean, but it's how it comes across.

I meant it's a strategic error on the part of Antifa, if taking down the right is their goal and their strategy is one that makes sense.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whether Antifa actually cares whether their strategy is backfiring is another thing entirely.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

As is the issue of whether or not it's actually backfiring. I don't know most that people even remember who the fuck Antifa are at this point. The news cycle is relentless.

By November 2018, the biggest issue on voters minds could be what to do with the Irradiated Zone on the West Coast, what to do about the travel ban everyone else in the world imposed on us, or how they feel about Our Lord and Savior Zorblax of Rigel V.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

-drunk post-
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:29:25 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Good evening my adoring public, yes, it is I, He Who Is MetalSlimeHunt. As we approach this 2020 Presidential season, I feel that it is vital that you, the people of this great nation, be up to date on my position on the issues affecting the American and Starchild Final Compact. It is also equally important that you all know of the falsehoods perpetuated by my opponent, They Who Are Pathos. Let's get started:

Families & Childcare

I believe that, though we are no longer being forced to engage in amalgamation, it has become a central element of our society that ought not to be simply dismissed. As my inferno spirit always told me, don't throw the blade out with the blood. Our bureaucracy pits are now more efficient than they have ever been in history, and the new blood ties resultant have brought urban crime to a 20 year low. We ought to encourage high school students who don't have a college or job lined up to consider going to the pits and serving the Final Compact. They Who Are Pathos insist that we ought to spend hard earned labor credits on futile investigations into deamalgamation techniques, all in the name of a "freedom" that our bureaucrats have never asked for. Let them make the arts they were granted in peace.

Furthermore, on the issue of abortion I am a committed pro-caution candidate, and believe that the time has come for us to end the ongoing cowardly policy of allowing human-stellar hybrids to reach seventh term. We all remember the tragedy at Indianapolis, and it cannot be allowed to repeat. And yes, I have spoken the name of the city in press conferences before, and I will proudly do it again. The propaganda about a grand taboo is only an excuse that They Who Are Pathos uses to justify their disgusting anti-mortal policies and deny the names of those murdered by those policies. If the hybrids want to live amongst us, then they can live like the rest of us. Don't let the mistakes of the Preamble Government endure any longer!

Taxation & Economy

They Who Are Pathos will tell you that the most important thing we can do now is begin processing the inhabitants of the Avatar Vault, to try to distinguish between the "good ones" and the "bad ones". Let me tell you right now: There are no good Avatars. The very concept is willful ignorance. They were created from the corporations of old to make us serve them and complete the capital ethos, but look around you. Look at the Blood Halo. Look at the long crops that we now are forced to hunt, now that corn and rice have passed into memory. And look around to see if any of you still have a neighbor you had before 2017. The old world is gone, and its ways have gone with it. The Avatars will not bring us prosperity, and they will not bring back what is lost. No matter how benign they may seem, it is only a way to trick us into surrendering our sovereignty all over again. You want to know what I think we should do with the Avatars? That's simple, my friends. Empty the Avatar Vault. Kill them all.

The Final Compact's trade policies ought to be transitioning into the psychic economy. We are being taken advantage of by simple post-scarce policies that were abandoned by most nations years ago. Only by acquiring both more raw creation and a greater diversity of unconsciousness sculptors will we restore our competitiveness and secure the New York Dreamscape from the terrorist thugs of the NY Post. My opponent will tell you none of this, dedicated to tried and failed styles of "homegrown" neuron branching.

Civil Rights

Our current gender radiation rate has just finally begun to stabilize, but They Who Are Pathos now wants nothing more but to throw us all straight back into chaos with their radical and impermanent gender eradication plan. No more! They Who Are Pathos has also refused even when asked directly to denounce the actions of their fellow travelers in the gender eradication departments of the Preamble Government. They say they've changed. They never would act against the interests of the nation. I ask you: Can you afford to believe them now?

While we're at it, we ought to discuss the elephant in the room (for the young voters among you, the definition of an elephant can be found atop any standing redwood). They Who Are Pathos has not dispersed their true name. The media and Their allies in government have refused to investigate for even a moment into the mounting evidence of this crime, and They Who Are Pathos themselves has always found simple excuses to never display their Soulmark. I have shown you at every rally since this controversy began: I Am He Who Is MetalSlimeHunt. I have no other name, there is no other world. I took this sacrifice the same as any of you, for I care for this nation. They Who Are Pathos is someone else, and that person is a selfish liar. Remember that come election night.

Compact Security

Ever since Liberation, we've been left with burning questions. Who were the Fifthmen? Why did they come from Rigel V in the first place? Are they still out there, or are we safe at last? And was the Preamble Government a mere sapient error? I cannot offer you the answers to these things. I can only offer you the kind of preparation we will need if the worst crashstate should arrive. I pledge now to deploy bureaucratic orbital defenses, and to begin salvaging the Blood Halo's secrets my first day in office. This, and no less, will allow us to defend against the Fifthmen and their Slaughtersingers if any indeed still live. They Who Are Pathos says this violates our agreements with other human-containing nations. But we all know what I say to that, now don't we? We are the FINAL. COMPACT. No exceptions! And one day, they will thank us.

Internally, our greatest concern is from paper loving groups. Though not all criminal, groups like this ought to be scripted for the sake of protecting human and starchild alike. The Final Compact allows for this under the Synergy Of Yesterday And Tomorrow. They Who Are Pathos refuses to take even this simple step, and that proves more than anything else that they lack the thyroid for true leadership. What more is there to say?

Good luck to everyone out there, including my opponent. I'll see you all on the election fields.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:12:28 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Crap, sorry about that folks, we hit a nazipunch singularity a while back and it caused some leakage through The Space Without that bled over here, we'll get right on it, go back to your regularly scheduled infobinge!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The funny thing is that I found and old post of mine saying to be wary of the Neo-Nazis rising, to which I was shot down (in fact people said I was crazy for bringing up the possible far-right threat before the election, too), and a couple of pages later we have Max taking the piss out of Antifa, saying they shouldn't go around hitting people because it's counter-productive. How times change.

So ... yeah, I was already against all that stuff before, no Nazi Apologist, I just think that fighting them with Antifa ISIS-lookalikes is in fact hurting more than it's helping. And they're going around punching more or less random people by this stage, which is undermining any anti-nazi part of the message.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162538.msg7428489#msg7428489

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162538.msg7429363#msg7429363
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:59:28 pm by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still angry at antifa for not exercising proper target discipline at times, but damn proud of them wading into the path of a bunch of nazi fuckwads before they could get to juicier targets.

Though if 2018 does turn into "democrats are antifa" doesn't that open up "so you guys are nazis then?"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really, because people can easily see the divisions on their own side, while lumping in the other side as all one mass.

The goal of 2018 would be to gee up the Republican base to get out and vote, and if they can stir up Antifa trouble beforehand that just activates the base. It doesn't really matter if there's a shred of truth behind it: we should know that by now.

But the Left is definitely going to be going "don't vote Republican in 2018 because then the Nazis win" as well. They're not going to be making much disctinction there either.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:10:51 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As is the issue of whether or not it's actually backfiring. I don't know most that people even remember who the fuck Antifa are at this point. The news cycle is relentless.

By November 2018, the biggest issue on voters minds could be what to do with the Irradiated Zone on the West Coast, what to do about the travel ban everyone else in the world imposed on us, or how they feel about Our Lord and Savior Zorblax of Rigel V.

Har har, yeah, so irradiated it's on fire. (I did laugh at the reference).

Anyways, yea, antifa has fallen out of the news cycle and unless they end up doing stuff that puts them back in the spotlight (or a politician does/says something that connects them to antifa), the only ones still banging (as in making noise) about antifa would be the ones that would rail constantly about them anyway.

Not really, because people can easily see the divisions on their own side, while lumping in the other side as all one mass.

The goal of 2018 would be to gee up the Republican base to get out and vote, and if they can stir up Antifa trouble beforehand that just activates the base.

If they stir up antifa trouble beforehand that activates the base, you can bet that some on the left will stir up trouble about the alt-right and far right in reaction. Elections are always a mud sling-fest.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crap, sorry about that folks, we hit a nazipunch singularity a while back and it caused some leakage through The Space Without that bled over here, we'll get right on it, go back to your regularly scheduled infobinge!

::) I was just planning on explaining when to punch Nazis when a stray starchild abducted me and forced me to become a starchild/human hybrid for a secret army that was going to be used to destroy the Avatar Vault. 0/10 would not recommend. But at least 35% of the world's nations were successfully containing humans with no leakage?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:24:33 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm worried that this isn't a reference I don't get because I avidly avoid social media, and instead is a reference I don't get because it's a real event.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm worried that this isn't a reference I don't get because I avidly avoid social media, and instead is a reference I don't get because it's a real event.
It's 2017. Which means you have a 50/50 shot of being right.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 3566