Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169679 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10770 on: August 15, 2017, 02:48:06 pm »

It's a clear shot of an antifa flag, raised, right beside the county one, still flying. Fluttery blue eyesore for something on the ground and on fire.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:51:39 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: August 15, 2017, 02:51:40 pm »

It's a clear shot of the antifa flag, raised, right beside the county one, still flying. Fluttery blue eyesore for something on the ground and on fire.

Was there anything on that flagpole previously though?

Still, doing that hurts them in the public view, besides those who already support them. Though slightly less obnoxious than taking down the county one and burning it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:53:25 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: August 15, 2017, 02:53:46 pm »

Antifa should REALLY consider their next movies.

BEYOND all expectations they have become American's Heroes.

they need to capitalize on this and not ruin it for themselves.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: August 15, 2017, 02:56:46 pm »

This one?

I'm not sure which flag was taken down, but here it is in the bushes apparently and as I posted earlier here it is on fire.

Note: yes, twitter is damn near as bad as facebook but it is easier to control what it tries to do, facebook is goddamn insidious.

Here's the link anyways: https://twitter.com/haut3damn/status/897246955482558464

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: August 15, 2017, 02:57:27 pm »

Pretty sure there's some earlier shots of the pole being empty, yeah. Have to dig around again to check to be sure, though, and most of my gaf just got spent.

In other news, the CBO has now released a report on trump's threat to stop paying CSR subsidies. Uninsured wouldn't change much over the long-ish run, but premiums do a nice rendition of skyrocketing and the federal deficit hops up a good 26 billion.

E: And nah, max, but catching most of the same thing. Much more clear, dead on shot showing all three poles.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: August 15, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »

Still, uf people are going to be up to sheneinighans like that, they're going to have to be careful to keep the public goodwill and sympathy on their side.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: August 15, 2017, 03:01:56 pm »

Maybe? Good luck, though. Antifa's not a single group, or organized, or anything like that. Word's just shorthand for anti-fascist.
Ask not!
Ask!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: August 15, 2017, 03:08:17 pm »

Wtf? Who the hell vandalizes the Lincoln memorial?
Interestingly, just yesterday I was coming up with things that would enrage things more. Top of my list was an arson attack upon one or other key Martin Luther King memorial location, ideally as a false-flag to implicate white extremists, and I then tried to imagine what target the right-wing could false-flagly attack to blame their opponents, and I reckoned that the Lincoln Memorial daubed with Antifa graffiti1 was my basic starting position. (I won't go into what I developed it into. Wouldn't want to give away the 'best' ideas to people who I'd rather not do anything in the first place.)

Of course, there are idiots on both sides that would true-flag an attack out of ignorance or pure unabashed unsubtleness, and geniuses that would false-false-flag something. One could write a whole series of thrillers on the theme...

1 Because of various things, from Whitesplaining the past although to general anarchy.  All it has to be is the right words, and the false-flaggers likely don't consider his statue 'sacred' enough. Less so than the MLK case, certainly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:14:42 pm by Starver »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: August 15, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »

Nah, the antifa (well, counterprotestors, as they aren't all 'anti-fa') are too disorganized to do that and the neonazis would have heart attacks over defacing one of their own symbols.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: August 15, 2017, 03:17:13 pm »

I just edited in a footnote I'd forgotten, that goes some way to address that. Southern 'Confederacy' types wouldn't bat an eyelid on (in this case, minimally) defacing a Lincoln thing.

(Occam says it was a lone idiot with a leftist anti-government agenda, of course. But not much of a stretch to include rightist anti-gov idiots misunderstanding whose slogan is whose, before going into the complex misdirections, etc.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:20:52 pm by Starver »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: August 15, 2017, 03:57:00 pm »

Ok I am going to ask an odd question:

Has Antifa used homosexuals as their validity card?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: August 15, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »

Ok I am going to ask an odd question:

Has Antifa used homosexuals as their validity card?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some that did use that, given liberals, but as a whole? I don't know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: August 15, 2017, 04:02:55 pm »

... huh. So trump's new play, in the wake of a right-wing terrorist attack, is to lambaste the alt-left. This seems to be leaving rather a lot of people confused, looking around, because intent obvious or not, nothing really calls themselves that.

He's.... basically playing up his support for the white supremacist/neo-nazi rally that ended in a terrorist attack  killing an american citizen, he's doing it by trying to bothsides at a side that just kinda' isn't there.

Pro-nazi POTUS attempts to blame imaginary opposition group for nazi terrorist attack. There was a time that, had I thought of that even being a possibility, I would have imagined it would have taken a time machine to travel back to the years before WW2. Don't question the paradox involved with being for a group that doesn't exist yet, just roll with it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: August 15, 2017, 04:12:00 pm »

He's.... basically playing up his support for the white supremacist/neo-nazi rally that ended in a terrorist attack  killing an american citizen, he's doing it by trying to bothsides at a side that just kinda' isn't there.
I'd just like to interject that Fields hasn't been charged with terrorism, and I sort of feel it's jumping the gun to say it was a terrorist attack. The guy's a diagnosed schizophrenic, and until his trial he isn't going to get any chance to defend himself.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy; I personally feel he's a murderous asshat. But, until there's been an investigation and a trial, nobody'll know for sure what actually happened.

Edit: I'd like to clarify more, since I reread this and felt I wasn't clear enough: my point is that labeling this an act of terrorism without proper investigation feeds both sides. No, I'm not pulling a whataboutism, it's just fact that both political extremes will use this, and are using this, to their advantage. The far left is using it to pull down confederate statues and gain support, while the right is using it to claim victimhood.

Again, if you're on one of those sides, you may see that boost as a good thing, but I fear it'll lead to more violence.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:21:19 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »

You know what i find hilarious? the fact the American fascists are "white nationalists", that's so goddam American. Its just absurd, ethnic nationalism doesn't really work with Americans because we have no real ethnicity being probably at least three different ones one average at minimum and not the same ones as our neighbors. so they have to go with the most broad category imaginable. their the most inclusive fascists ever.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 3564