Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169674 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10800 on: August 15, 2017, 05:21:03 pm »

What's upwind?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: August 15, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »

Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racist makes sense but here is how to better understand them

A Normal person is Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racist...

A Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racists hunts those people down and harasses them, punishes them, doxes them.

Ok ok, I am being harsh those are only the more extreme examples...

It is more like they are Advocates specifically like that... But they often just kind of end up like an alternate type of hate group.
I keep having to do this.  Give me a legit news source about explicit antifa members hunting and harassing someone.  Counter-protests don't count, among other reasons because you're hardly hunting people if they showed up to a scheduled protest.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10802 on: August 15, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »

What's upwind?
Closest thing I could think of to an anakin high-ground moment to an antifa high-ground moment was the time they broke their own block by throwing smoke grenades upwind... Into themselves

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: August 15, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

I'm sure you've heard of the 'gender card' or 'woman card' or 'race card', it's like that, except for LGBT.
Strange type of card. Wondered if you meant invalidity card, except for still not matching with LGBTQI+* in any way.

Doesn't match the other cards ("my difference is my (gender|race), and therefore that is the card I'm going to play"), back-forming from the apparent intent, it would more likely be a "sexuality card", perhaps?  Validity is... either everything (a short cut to encompass any/all states of being differently valid to the supposed norm, yet still valid) or nothing obvious at all.

Thus my confusion.  "Has Antifa used homosexuals as their validity card?" was a bit of a garden path, and though I see how it might mean "Have they presented the inclusion of gay persons in their ranks as evidence for their being representative of a normal cross-section of society, unlike the homogonously hyper-hetero haters (and other factors of commonality) that are their opposition?", if that is what was being said, it's obviously a bit of an in-group phrasing. I therefore have to apologise for my position out here beyond the group-limits and being somewhat befuddled by it all.

Carry on!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: August 15, 2017, 05:39:55 pm »

Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racist makes sense but here is how to better understand them

A Normal person is Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racist...

A Anti-Fascist and Anti-Racists hunts those people down and harasses them, punishes them, doxes them.

Ok ok, I am being harsh those are only the more extreme examples...

It is more like they are Advocates specifically like that... But they often just kind of end up like an alternate type of hate group.
I keep having to do this.  Give me a legit news source about explicit antifa members hunting and harassing someone.  Counter-protests don't count, among other reasons because you're hardly hunting people if they showed up to a scheduled protest.

Those that went on a witch hunt to seek out the identities of those at the neonazi rally?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: August 15, 2017, 05:40:28 pm »

https://subtletv.com/baaeBeb/ANTIFA_doxxes_threatens_and_shows_up_at_the_home_of_London_journalist_Caolan_Ro

I hate news websites xD or rather my browser does...

So just... tear that down as being fake... I am done with videos upon videos inbetween paragraphs...

It is like major news websites don't want you to watch the news.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:42:48 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: August 15, 2017, 05:44:00 pm »

https://subtletv.com/baaeBeb/ANTIFA_doxxes_threatens_and_shows_up_at_the_home_of_London_journalist_Caolan_Ro

So just... tear that down as being fake...

Given that they've already made some false identifications, it's certainly plausible.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: August 15, 2017, 05:45:47 pm »

it would kinda require the internet be destroyed for it to actually be forgotten completely at this point. The internet never forgets.

Do you realize how fragile the internet is? I highly doubt that the current iteration of it will be a permanent fixture of human society. At some point, all this WILL be destroyed, and uncountable things will be lost forever. Just as a great many things have been lost forever in the past. Are hard drives more durable than books? Than stone engravings?

Very late response is very late.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: August 15, 2017, 05:53:26 pm »

Last I checked there's a non-negligible amount that are, actually. Books are fragile as all hell, stone tablets/engravings weather if they're not in very lucky circumstances. As I recall, at least some of the memory storage we're using these days are more robust than either of those, or able to subsistent (in part, if nothing else) in more environments.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: August 15, 2017, 06:06:19 pm »

So just... tear that down as being fake... I am done with videos upon videos inbetween paragraphs...

It is like major news websites don't want you to watch the news.
The video's on youtube, found it for you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gaEph4BxzI
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: August 15, 2017, 07:04:11 pm »

Meanwhile, Trump seems incapable of NOT praising white supremacists in some way or another.

It is like Trump is allergic to the benefit of the doubt.

"Ohhh, maybe Trump was just trying not to start a riot or didn't have all the facts and didn't want to default to denouncing someone just for being demonstrably unpopular"

Trump: "Whoa, did someone just give me the benefit of the doubt? I better prove him wrong"

Though maybe I should check that article... For all I know it is about Trump eating Marshmellows.

THEN THEN again I didn't have the benefit of the doubt... I was speaking that there were hypothetical GOOD reasons why Trump could have done that... that I came up with only because of crazy crazy people who happened to be on the left. Still makes me feel dirty for even putting the energy forward.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:06:14 pm by Neonivek »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: August 15, 2017, 07:15:49 pm »

To be fair, it is white supremacists applauding Trump's comments.  It's worth thinking about, but it doesn't make him a white supremacist any more than Obama is an...
What's an extreme group that actually supported Obama...
That crazy reverend he used to listen to?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: August 15, 2017, 07:34:40 pm »

To be fair, it is white supremacists applauding Trump's comments.  It's worth thinking about, but it doesn't make him a white supremacist any more than Obama is an...
What's an extreme group that actually supported Obama...
That crazy reverend he used to listen to?

I think that reverend was evangelical? That's like calling evangelicals an extreme group. /s

Edit: adding sarcasm tag for clarity.

There was BLM, but they had their frustrations with Obama and didn't praise every word. I'm sure the New Black Panthers supported Obama, but Obama didn't talk in a way that praised them every time, AFAIK. And there definetly wasn't anything like this under Obama, not even close.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:30:35 pm by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:41 pm »

I mean... some of them. Evangelicals are protestants, no two churches alike. Mild exaggeration, but only mild.

In any case, at this point I don't really give a fuck what trump is, or is not, so far as that stuff goes. Bastard got in front of a TV camera and put people standing up to Nazis on the same level as Nazis. Went in front of the world and made a comparison that put the U.S., Allied forces, and the veterans of WW2 in a position ethically on par with Nazi Germany and the Wehrmacht. Only damn excuse for that is literal brain damage, and I'm not entirely sure that's enough.

Regardless of what's in the shit's head what came out his mouth makes him a goddamn Nazi sympathizer. Whether he's actually a white supremacist on top of it no longer bloody matters, far as I'm concerned. Far as anyone who's worth calling themselves American should be concerned, frankly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 3564