Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245900 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9810 on: July 31, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »

New Thread Title: "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you do the Fandango?" I would accept "Mooch, you're fired." Or some variation thereof.

I must admit I am surprised. Not really that he would be fired (I mean after that rant...) but, I mean it's just impressive. Mooch wanted a job for Trump, apparently sold his company to get a job six months ago before being, in his own words, "cockblocked by Priebus." Then he finally gets in, gets rid of his nemesis Reince, then is removed by Reince's replacement within two weeks. I was seriously expecting that his apparent unfailing loyalty to Mr. Trump would keep him in office, but apparently not.

Seems the new Chief of Staff is going to be an interesting individual in this administration if he has the influence and foresight necessary to get rid of the man who sank his predecessor on day 1. I wonder what else he has planned.

As for the new director? Man, I don't think anyone knows at this point. I just wonder if it'll be someone from outside the administration or inside.

I know you meant Scaramucci, but Trump is the one who essentially sabotaged Priebus from day one, since the problem really wasn't Priebus, but Trump's own behavior and managing style.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: July 31, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »

Aw man, I was looking forward to the Season of the Mooch.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: July 31, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »

Trump also had the wrinkly orange balls to declare that there was no chaos in his administration, at almost the same time as outlets we're breaking the Moochster's demise.

I feel like Scaramucci was this administration's Dr. Rockzo.

OH YEAHH I DO COCAINE

Edit: it should also be noted that Scaramucci's official start date as WH Communications Director wasn't until August 15th. He managed to get fired before he started. We're entering Douche-ception territory here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:13:19 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: July 31, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »

It's a pittance compared to all the suffering he's caused and the dude is so ancient there isn't much they even could do to him, but at least it's something.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »

And remember: Scaramucci's wife filed for divorce over him taking this job. Not the best mid-life crisis fallout I've seen, but certainly the least productive.

I have a feeling in about 4 years Americans are going to be feeling the same way about electing Trump. "Wait we fucked up all this stuff up for....this?!??!"

RE: Arpaio. Now HE knows what it feels like to be illegal!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: July 31, 2017, 04:51:08 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: August 01, 2017, 01:59:14 am »

I have a feeling in about 4 years Americans are going to be feeling the same way about electing Trump. "Wait we fucked up all this stuff up for....this?!??!"

You think people that voted for Trump would have wished they voted for Hillary even if Trump fails?

If Trump continues as a nothing burger accomplishing none of his promised goals then the next US election will be very interesting.

Mitt Romney, the most decent and most centrist politician in contemporary history was branded a racist vampire by the left and flippfloppin soft liberal by the right. Hillary a powerhungry career politician was branded mentally unstable by the right and the female resurrection of Christ by the left. The time of George Bush and Al Gore discussing politics as centrists is over.

Violence was already a part of the last election, the right has already started forming protection units of ex veterans and cops to protect their own at rallies as response to the left mob violence, and the right has already attacked violently leftist that infiltrate right wing rallies.

When Trump won the election some coworkers started crying, which is funny because I'm Norwegian. Their fear was both Trump support of Russia so Russia would attack Sweden/Norway or Trump starting a War with Russia most likely drawing parallels to their memories of Reagan/Gorbatsjov which is a oxymoron and yet both equally possible from their perception.

From my perception as an outsider it does seem both the left and right is starting to view him as incompetent which is new.

This is the same guy who told Dutuerte he's doing a "great job" with the drug problem. Comforting to know Generalisimo Donalde looks up to the guy who has killed over 2,000 people in the pursuit of justice.

From my experience from filipino coworkers and friends they are very happy with Duerte, and compared to Trump it seems Duerte is actually accomplishing things even if you disagree with it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: August 01, 2017, 02:46:00 am »

Mitt Romney, the most decent and most centrist politician in contemporary history was branded a racist vampire by the left and flippfloppin soft liberal by the right.

... What?  The dude was the most straightforward stereotype of rich, disconnected sleezebag ever conceived.  Told people he understood what it's like to be unemployed, because he hadn't had a job in years (because he didn't need one).  Made a bunch of employees build a stage for him to walk onto just long enough to tell them they were all getting laid off.  Relatable Romney was that classic cartoon caricature of a rich person who can't see anyone of lower class than him, unless it's through his nostrils.

Just because Trump is the obnoxious squeeling pig manchild who's never been told no in his life stereotype of a rich person doesn't make Romney's alternative stereotype desirable.

Hillary a powerhungry career politician was branded mentally unstable by the right and the female resurrection of Christ by the left.

... Again... what?  I only saw a small minority that was enthusiastic to vote for her.

And I get really tired of talk about the left engaging in violence.  The only reason the right's violence isn't gossiped about the same way is because it's been normalized for most of USA history.  Maybe controversial, but it's not news.  Often carried out by institutions, not mobs.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:35 am »

And I get really tired of talk about the left engaging in violence.  The only reason the right's violence isn't gossiped about the same way is because it's been normalized for most of USA history.  Maybe controversial, but it's not news.  Often carried out by institutions, not mobs.

What right wing institutions? The KKK?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: August 01, 2017, 06:52:00 am »

This is the same guy who told Dutuerte he's doing a "great job" with the drug problem. Comforting to know Generalisimo Donalde looks up to the guy who has killed over 2,000 people in the pursuit of justice.

From my experience from filipino coworkers and friends they are very happy with Duerte, and compared to Trump it seems Duerte is actually accomplishing things even if you disagree with it.

Do your Filipino friends and co-workers say why they are happy with Duerte? Do they mention the thousands of extrajudicial killings in their analysis?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: August 01, 2017, 07:29:04 am »

There's even odds of it. Somehow the mass murder and pile of dead people largely or entirely unaffiliated with the drug trade doesn't seem to bother people who like the guy, or they think whatever he's doing is worth the cost of vigilante death squads idling around parts of the country.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:12 am »

There's even odds of it. Somehow the mass murder and pile of dead people largely or entirely unaffiliated with the drug trade doesn't seem to bother people who like the guy, or they think whatever he's doing is worth the cost of vigilante death squads idling around parts of the country.
And if Trump's Long Island speech can be taken at face value, that's what he'd like to see here.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: August 01, 2017, 09:19:15 am »

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:24 am »

So according to the Washington Post, Trump ordered his staff to give a false statement about the meeting between his son and the Russian lawyer.

Not only did he order it, he apparently dictated the statement personally.

At this rate, he'll be declaring himself his own communications director after two or three others come and go.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 3569