Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4252411 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8790 on: July 04, 2017, 09:37:49 am »

Re: Opening up of "offensive branding names".

Good for them. I have other problems with the whole trademark/copyright/patent system which mean I'd rather see the whole thing burnt to the ground, but at least someone fixed that tiny hole in the wall left after Jenny ripped her poster down and the thumb tack ripped out a chunk of drywall with it. So good for them.

In all honesty though, I'm glad to see any erosion of the government being able to censor something for being "offensive". Hopefully this trend will continue.

Someone wants to name their brand of energy drink(or whatever) "crackhead jesus"(or whatever) then let them at it. I'll be happy to let it sit on the shelf next to all the other poorly named drinks(or whatever) and ignore it(or even buy it if it's a good product) like I do the others.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: July 04, 2017, 09:44:44 am »

you're saying you wouldn't buy crackhead jesus dew?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: July 04, 2017, 10:00:24 am »

you're saying you wouldn't buy crackhead jesus dew?

Buy on my own? No. The name doesn't appeal. But if a friend offered me some and I liked it or I heard good enough things about it to get me past the name, sure.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: July 04, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

I wonder if this has any relevance to the proliferation of "Wake The Fuck Up!" energy drink.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #8794 on: July 04, 2017, 11:58:03 am »

The case was brought to the SC by Simon Tam
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: July 04, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »

The thought crossed my mind... but I realized Firefly isn't quite old enough to have adults who were babies named after it yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: July 04, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »

Fifteen years, so it's close.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: July 04, 2017, 01:55:11 pm »

The thought crossed my mind... but I realized Firefly isn't quite old enough to have adults who were babies named after it yet.

Watched Firefly on TV, also I have baby.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: July 04, 2017, 01:57:36 pm »

Is baby named Mal?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: July 04, 2017, 01:59:08 pm »

Yes, but assuming that baby was named at a time period where Firefly existed, it could not yet be a legal adult in the US.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: July 04, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

Here's some sillyness, the Indiana Republicans tried to ask for ACA 'horror stories', and the results were, rather predictable.

Obviously they can just cherry pick the horror stories, but come on, they're more likely to find them by going to their consistuents in the rural areas, if that's what they were trying to target.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: July 05, 2017, 08:13:31 am »

That's been kinda' a theme with the sideline stuff regarding the ACA, really. GOP was trying to drum up signs of a massive problem with the thing since before day 1, and failing. Persistently and cross country. Every once in a bit there's that one critter that got screwed over or left out because of stuff related to it (particularly if you're in one of the jackass states regarding program expansion), but generally folks that have actually ran into much related to the stuff the ACA did have came out in pretty good shape. Especially relative to the before times, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »

Chicago high school will require students to have college-acceptance or job offer before allowing them to graduate.

This measure is receiving high praise as encouragement for students to make a plan for their life.
Personally, I see it only as incentive not to even bother trying to get an education in a city where many cannot afford college and job offers are very limited. I foresee dropout rates rising to all-time highs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:28:29 pm by Folly »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: July 05, 2017, 02:06:09 pm »

Because, you know, employers are just S W A R M I N G to hire HS kids with 0 days of work experience.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: July 05, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »

CNN seems to be really stepping in it in a sort of unforced error with the whole vid thing:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/5/15922214/cnnblackmail-reddit-trump-wrestling

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/5/15921816/cnn-blackmail-donald-trump-jr-reddit-wrestling-gif-alt-right

Not to mention that the whole alt-right flames getting fanned and the original posters apology getting deleted by the moderators on the_donald because apologies aint allowed there (no, I don't know the real reason why, but it does seem strange that the apology was deleted).

high school will require students to have college-acceptance or job offer before allowing them to graduate.

This measure is receiving high praise as encouragement for students to make a plan for their life.
Personally, I see it only as incentive not to even bother trying to get an education in a city where many cannot afford college and job offers are very limited. I foresee dropout rates rising to all-time highs.

That's specific to Chicago, not ALL high schools, should mention that. Also add into the fact that the state of Illinois (where Chicago is in, though Chicago does kind of spill over into neghboring states a little) is having massive budget problems, which definetly don't help things either.

I'd be curious as to how the heck that plan actually pans out.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3569