Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4252390 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8760 on: July 03, 2017, 07:14:49 am »

The thing is that, as a person in a position of power, he acts as a role model.
God that might be the saddest thing I've seen since I used the Princess Bride torture machine on a 5 year old girl and her dog.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: July 03, 2017, 07:30:38 am »

God that might be the saddest thing I've seen since I used the Princess Bride torture machine on a 5 year old girl and her dog.
what the fuck.. *brain bleach*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:51 am »

what the fuck.. *brain bleach*

Oh come on, they are only MOSTLY dead!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:05:35 am by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: July 03, 2017, 09:22:44 am »

Here's some significant news.

/puts on MAGA hat

BYE OBAMA OFFICIAL!

/removes MAGA hat

In all seriousness, that says quite a lot about the adminstration.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: July 03, 2017, 10:43:47 am »

So.

Police arrested the man at his home in the north-west Paris suburb of Argenteuil on Wednesday after being alerted by users of a chatroom linked to a video game where he allegedly said he wanted to buy a firearm.

Three kitchen knives were found in his vehicle and analysis of his computer found that he had conducted internet searches on potential targets, the source said.

what.

edit: this guy is clearly unhinged but he does not seem to be much of a terrorist. i mean, maybe kitchen knives makes him ISIS grade, but i probably do more terroristic plotting than this guy does on a regular basis.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: July 03, 2017, 10:55:28 am »

You're looking for the EU thread playergamer. Though, lack of a gun or not, planning on assassinating the President of France is still a very serious thing, and the person admitted to planning it to police.

In the context of the earlier discussion on media this guy (who's a reporter himself is spot on about the whole CNN thing. I too, think it's a little bit overblown and Chris Cilliza is incredibly opinioated.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:58:30 am by smjjames »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: July 03, 2017, 11:00:46 am »

Eh. I figured it actually fits pretty well into the American political discussion, since we're all discussing incitement to violence.

Plus, it was (apparently) planned for an American state visit (although I doubt the dude was going to do anything.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: July 03, 2017, 11:08:27 am »

In the context of the earlier discussion on media this guy (who's a reporter himself is spot on about the whole CNN thing. I too, think it's a little bit overblown and Chris Cilliza is incredibly opinioated.
Meh.  The guy's a "journalist" for a tabloid owned by Rupert Murdoch.  The linked article is about how the media abandoned balance and standards by "savaging" Trump in the general election.  Basically just parroting Trump's fake news angle.

So.

Police arrested the man at his home in the north-west Paris suburb of Argenteuil on Wednesday after being alerted by users of a chatroom linked to a video game where he allegedly said he wanted to buy a firearm.

Three kitchen knives were found in his vehicle and analysis of his computer found that he had conducted internet searches on potential targets, the source said.

what.

edit: this guy is clearly unhinged but he does not seem to be much of a terrorist. i mean, maybe kitchen knives makes him ISIS grade, but i probably do more terroristic plotting than this guy does on a regular basis.
He told investigators that he was going to assassinate the president during a parade and attack jews, blacks, and homosexuals.  Besides, its France.  He'll probably get like a month in prison tops :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: July 03, 2017, 11:11:11 am »

Meh.  The guy's a "journalist" for a tabloid owned by Rupert Murdoch.  The linked article is about how the media abandoned balance and standards by "savaging" Trump in the general election.  Basically just parroting Trump's fake news angle.

The Hill is owned by Murdoch and is tabloid quality? Didn't know that.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: July 03, 2017, 11:22:12 am »

"Opinion Contributor" could mean anything, including "bloke we dragged off the street because he has a controversial worldview he can write about.

Apart from being previously a TV columnist for Mediaite (apparently an aggregator of industry news and opinion pieces upon the field of media itself) I can't find anything interesting in his past regarding Murdoch connections.  That's just a cursory glance, though, and I doubt that's his entire experience and career path. Unless they did just drag him in off the street, last year, and then forgot to ask him to leave...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: July 03, 2017, 11:27:30 am »

...did you read the article dude?  It was linking another article and referencing another journalist.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: July 03, 2017, 11:40:38 am »

...did you read the article dude?  It was linking another article and referencing another journalist.

And?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: July 03, 2017, 12:11:02 pm »

...and he writes for the New York Post, which is a tabloid owned by the same guy as Fox News.  Like I said.

The guy who smjjames referenced as "a reporter himself" is not the guy who wrote the Hill article.  That guy is an "opinion contributor".

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: July 03, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »

...and he writes for the New York Post, which is a tabloid owned by the same guy as Fox News.  Like I said.

The guy who smjjames referenced as "a reporter himself" is not the guy who wrote the Hill article.  That guy is an "opinion contributor".

You're discounting an entire article just because it referenced a single article from another journalist who happens to write for a paper owned by a guy you disagree with. Yeah... i just don't see your point.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: July 03, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »

I was responding to a single thing smjjames said.  Namely that a fellow reporter was calling out CNN.

If you want me to talk about the article in general then here.  I'm with Jon Stewart when he said of Fox News "fair and balanced is your fucking standard".  Balance is not the same thing as truth.  By presenting both sides as equal regardless of whether each side is factually supported, CNN has long made fact subordinate to opinion.  And this has allowed conspiracies like the birther movement or climate change denial to flourish.  In this specific case, Trump genuinely has said and done the things he's being called out on.  Anyone else would have been called out equally or more.  By pursuing a balanced perspective during the election season CNN created a narrative extremely favorable to Trump.  So I'm not exactly receptive to the idea that they're somehow embarrassing themselves by attacking him, just because Trump hates them doesn't mean they didn't help hand him the election.  I'm glad CNN and other news networks are directly calling Trump out on his bullshit, it shows to me that journalists have finally learned something from their past failures.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:58:48 pm by EnigmaticHat »
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 3569