Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4157182 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6555 on: May 20, 2017, 04:43:02 pm »

Quote from: My stepdad's response to the above event when he heard it on the radio
That is absolutely wonderful!
From what you've told us about your stepdad, I fear he wasn't even being sarcastic there :(

Inb4 Trump sells a fleet of nuclear bombers to North Korea, for profitsssss. And for American jobs ofcourse. You know how much employment getting nuked will create for the medical sector? It's huge. America First Aid!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:46:53 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: May 20, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »

Great, IS will be killing Americans with blackhawk helicopters soon. US gonna supply Saudi Arabia with 110 billion dollars worth of armaments this year, plus another 350 billion worth over the next 10 years. This includes 150 blackhawk helicopters, which will be partially manufactured in Saudi Arabia itself.

Since everybody knows that Saudi wahabism is the driving force behind IS and similar terrorist organisations, I guess it's just a 'waait for it' until some of the equipment makes it into IS hands.

Quote from: My stepdad's response to the above event when he heard it on the radio

Was that sarcasm or some other emotion from him? I can see it being in a sarcastic tone.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: May 20, 2017, 04:47:05 pm »

Not that I'm a believer in the responsibility of Saudi Arabia, but I doubt they'd part with the good shit. Most of ISIS probably lacks the supply lines or the training for helicopters.

It also depends on what part of the Saudi military gets the helicopters. I forget who's loyal to who, but the different branches have varying political-religious interests.

Trump did at least say he wanted Saudi Arabia to have nuclear arms so the United States could stop defending them, a statement so egregious I still don't understand how his voters didn't care about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: May 20, 2017, 04:49:54 pm »

ISIS has no use for Blackhawks. The ruinous logistical problems aside, there's simply no use for them in their current strategic situation (urban combat against an enemy force with a crapload of heavy weapons.) Not like they can hunt down government leaders with SEAL-style raids.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: May 20, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »

Given that Kushner is family, kind of hard to make a scapegoat out of that person.
Kinda' hard to cut off your kin's medical care, too, or screw with wills to cut out relatives, but it didn't exactly stop trump. To all appearances trump doesn't really give much of a shit about his family, particularly anything more distant than his own kids and maybe his current wife. And the last one's pretty damn questionable, considering the "current" is there for a reason.

If trump ends up feeling like burning kushner at the stake for some reason or another, there's not going to be hesitance or concern about dousing his son in law in lighter fluid and setting the guy on fire. Metaphorically. Probably.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: May 20, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »

"Don't worry Ivanka, I'll buy you a new husband! A better husband! In fact, I'm seeing a business opportunity here..."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: May 20, 2017, 06:52:03 pm »

Trump has said he thinks his daughter is attractive. Maybe he'll divorce Melanie and keep the bloodline pure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: May 20, 2017, 07:01:34 pm »

Was that an IASIP reference?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: May 20, 2017, 07:08:34 pm »

From what you've told us about your stepdad, I fear he wasn't even being sarcastic there :(

Wasn't sarcastic. He really thinks that Trump visiting Saudi Arabia and selling them a shitton of military hardware was a great thing. He... may not be the most informed person around. He also thinks that America is invincible because of all the allies we have.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: May 20, 2017, 07:10:40 pm »

Was that an IASIP reference?

No, it's a Trump reference.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: May 20, 2017, 07:55:46 pm »

He also thinks that America is invincible because of all the allies we have.
Well, there's Russia...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: May 20, 2017, 08:02:57 pm »

America is de-facto invincible since all countries which can destroy it know what MAD is, and selling helicopters to Saudi's is actually one of the better ideas, since they're a highly visible military asset, easily destroyed by USA's airforce while posing absolutely no threat to it what-so-ever.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: May 20, 2017, 09:39:42 pm »

I, uh. Don't think the potential concerns have much to do with some odd US military branch engaging with the vehicles. Might call it one of the better ideas, but largely only because there's worse ideas out there. One of those better =/= good sort of things.

Also, you may be forgetting one of those common... issues, I guess would be the word, with countries like SaudA (easy-ish access to conflict areas willing to be a market, a sense of ethics/laws compatible with arming a region to destabilize it, etc.) buying new hardware and/or upgrading their equipment. Generally that leaves the old hardware still around, and it's not exactly unknown to that sort of thing to end up in strange places, firing ordinance at american allies, non-enemies, and the sometimes-not-so-occasional civilian.

Basically one of the problems with high visibility military assets is what sort of low visibility ones they free up to be brought to the proverbial table.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: May 20, 2017, 11:11:57 pm »

Those concerns can be valid, but the concerns about ISIS using Blackhawks to kill Americans was not, and I was directing my words against that position, not yours.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: May 21, 2017, 12:34:34 am »

I am more concerned for the citizens of Saudi Arabia.

It isn't like the US hasn't funded totalitarian regimes that abuse their power and abuse their people before.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 3563