Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4157036 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6585 on: May 22, 2017, 08:45:51 am »

So uh... this is weird, right?

Like, seriously?

You wanna talk harnessing the power of memes, lads, there you go.
What even is that orb?

It's certainly a weird photo and an awkward moment in general. But it's really just a statue at the center of the "Global Center for Combating Radical Ideologies" or something like that. Supposedly it's built for fighting ISIS and other extremist views online and in the media. While that sounds all well and good, it also sounds like a good excuse to push more censorship of whatever type the Saudis want. We'll see though, for now it seems to be mostly just a big empty building with a glowing ball in the middle.

The memes are great though.

Trump just visited the western wall in Jerusalem. He kept making duck faces at a brochure people were showing at him, then he touched the wall and left.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:02 am »

I may have regrets, but not many.

Spoiler: Goofy Stuff (click to show/hide)

You may now continue with your scheduled political discussions.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: May 22, 2017, 11:02:25 am »

Yesterday they had already been ordered to keep the windows and curtains of their hotel rooms closed and not look outside.
Just like they did in Coventry?

Oh dear, now my brain won't let the resulting image go. Nothing for it but to share it with everyone else...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:49 am »

-HERESY-
THIS IS HOW YOU CONVERT TO ISLAM! DONALD TRUMP IS NOW A MUSLIM! SPREAD THE WORD. /s, you goofs
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: May 22, 2017, 12:50:57 pm »

I just researched it and it's actually a soul orb. That's where the Israelis put the souls of all the Palestinian children they murder. This is why the Saudi looks like he's caught with his pants down when the photographer took a picture.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: May 22, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »

It's actually a Palantir. The Saudis mainly use it to watch limitless nearly identical videos of Syrian rebels firing TOW missiles at things (both for entertainment and to ensure their money is well spent) but President Trump has expressed interest in acquiring one for his own use before and they figured they would let him try theirs out as a courtesy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:20:17 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: May 22, 2017, 01:27:08 pm »

It sure as hell looks like its sitting on top of saurons tower.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: May 22, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »

[invokes poe's law]

Silly people! Can't you see the obvious "one world order" symbolism!  It's a glowing orb, atop a steel pedestal (with a design clearly intended to inspire both awe AND fear), with obvious markings depicting the world's continents.

It is intended to simultaneously invoke a sense of immense mystical power; a sort of talisman for latent sympathetic magic, with the symbolic gesture of several world leaders all placing their hands upon it in a symbolic gesture of shared authority and control. Do you not recognize a magical ritual when you see one!?

This is clearly the oculist one-world-government leaders rubbing it in everyone's faces! Can't you see that!?

[/Poe's law]

LOL. Too easy.

Also, someone needs to make a star control 2 reference, featuring the Ultron.
http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Utwig
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:41:55 pm by wierd »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: May 22, 2017, 01:52:38 pm »

I never played 2 so I can't, but now I miss derping around in my little uh, Shofixtee? The superspeedysuicideshitter one? Plus the Arilou with the no-inertia stuff, though it was also fun to switch over to the Ur'Quan and just listen to that "Launch Fighters!" spam before plunking doombolts into my foes when they screw up and focus on the fighters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: May 22, 2017, 02:01:17 pm »

Also, someone needs to make a star control 2 reference, featuring the Ultron.
http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Utwig

Trump is going to build a slave shield and make the Ur-Quan pay for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »

Now see, you might think this would be one of those things I'd write a fake Wikipedia article about, but no. It's far too obvious. It's the racist dad joke of supernatural geopolitics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: May 22, 2017, 05:37:29 pm »

...god damn, ok yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, there is no fucking way Trump had the slightest clue about anything Russia was doing involving the election, because it is impossible for him to go 5 minutes without a little box opening up inside of his head with a flag that says "DO THE THING!" and he stops to think "wait, did I do the thing, the thing people were hoping I wouldn't do? I don't think I did the thing, HEY EVERYBODY, I'M ABOUT TO DO THE THING!"

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/866673737684455425/video/1

You can fucking see Netanyahu looking around like "ok, can someone shut this fucking mook up before... fuck, he just 'corrected' our story about him mentioning Israel which didn't say he mentioned Israel by saying he didn't mention Israel for some fucking reason" and I feel for the guy, the pain of those who have to be polite and respectful to this giant turdmongler is audible.

So, even though it was suspected that the intel was from Israel, so far nobody has actually confirmed it, because doing so would be bad, and I swear you can see Netanyahu looking relieved at getting through the conference without that mook fucking up... and then he more or less confirms it was intel from Israel while standing next to their horrified looking Prime Minister.

Fuck.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: May 22, 2017, 05:54:51 pm »

...god damn, ok yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, there is no fucking way Trump had the slightest clue about anything Russia was doing involving the election, because it is impossible for him to go 5 minutes without a little box opening up inside of his head with a flag that says "DO THE THING!" and he stops to think "wait, did I do the thing, the thing people were hoping I wouldn't do? I don't think I did the thing, HEY EVERYBODY, I'M ABOUT TO DO THE THING!"

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/866673737684455425/video/1

You can fucking see Netanyahu looking around like "ok, can someone shut this fucking mook up before... fuck, he just 'corrected' our story about him mentioning Israel which didn't say he mentioned Israel by saying he didn't mention Israel for some fucking reason" and I feel for the guy, the pain of those who have to be polite and respectful to this giant turdmongler is audible.

So, even though it was suspected that the intel was from Israel, so far nobody has actually confirmed it, because doing so would be bad, and I swear you can see Netanyahu looking relieved at getting through the conference without that mook fucking up... and then he more or less confirms it was intel from Israel while standing next to their horrified looking Prime Minister.

Fuck.

I couldn't tell that he was horrified, he's pretty poker faced the whole time. That's just me anyway.

The only problem is, that nobody is saying that he ever mentioned Israel. The transcript of what he said almost sounds like it was meant for Netanyhus ears, but Trump is just so oblivious that he just blurts it out. I wonder if he even truly understands at the core how big a deal it is.

Meanwhile, the whole Flynn thing is imploding, and on top of all everything else, Trump sent memos to Intel Chiefs Dan Coats and Adm. Mike Rogers requesting them to publicly say that there was no Russian collusion. Both declined to do so, saying it was inappropriate.

Trump is just digging himself a bigger and bigger hole, all because of his ego.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »

He goes from smiling and ready to relax to glancing around trying to figure out what's happening, then Trump starts babbling and you can see his smile go from real to faked since his eyes drop out of it. There ain't much I'm good at picking out about body language but the cues that say "fake smile" are ones which I learned about and spent a long time learning how to eliminate to avoid scaring people because I had a really natural "I'm going to eat you" smile apparently.

I also heard that there were 3 white house staffers being singled out currently in the investigation as leakers and apparently the president wants to fire them when he gets back, but I don't know if the president can fire himself because I'm pretty sure he's one of the 3 leakers, isn't he?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: May 22, 2017, 06:19:32 pm »

The only problem is, that nobody is saying that he ever mentioned Israel.
Hey now, trump said he never mentioned israel. That's got to be at least as good as someone else saying he did :V. no, no, somewhat terrifyingly I can't actually figure out if that sort of thing is appropriate to append to a statement that is entirely too capable of being read seriously
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 3563