Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245635 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1995 on: February 17, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 17, 2017, 04:05:54 pm »

How long until Trump fires everyone who doesn't like him, Congress fires everyone who does like him, and we're left with a single crazy old man wandering the darkened halls of the white house in place of an executive branch?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 17, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »

I thought Gen. Petraeus had already bowed out? He'd be somewhat controversial due to the intel leak with his mistress that he did anyway.

And yeah, the FOX guy would be the one who defended John Acosta. Didn't know that about FOX. I'm sorry for ever so momentarily believing that FOX could be reasonable. heh.

On the Department of State, it turns out that it's not so much a mass firing than a mass reorganization.

On Bolton, the only source I've seen mentioning him is Ted Cruz saying he backs Bolton for NSC. And yeah, the guy is a neocon, possibly worse than Bush and co.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 17, 2017, 04:22:06 pm »

So, hypothetically, if someone with meager credentials was selected to act as National Security Advisor in a simulation next week, is it appropriate to send Trump my resume now, or should I wait until I've worn the imaginary hat before claiming to be the best person willing to do the job?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 17, 2017, 04:23:39 pm »

Honestly, having everyone send in their resume's would be pretty hilarious.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 17, 2017, 04:24:09 pm »

So, hypothetically, if someone with meager credentials was selected to act as National Security Advisor in a simulation next week, is it appropriate to send Trump my resume now, or should I wait until I've worn the imaginary hat before claiming to be the best person willing to do the job?

Apply for everything, there's vacancies all over this bitch and you are guaranteed to get a call back on something.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 17, 2017, 04:26:28 pm »

How long until Trump fires everyone who doesn't like him, Congress fires everyone who does like him, and we're left with a single crazy old man wandering the darkened halls of the white house in place of an executive branch?

That is fantastic imagery, I have to say.

Seriously tempted to send my Resume in.  I may actually do it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 17, 2017, 04:34:48 pm »

Apply for everything, there's vacancies all over this bitch and you are guaranteed to get a call back on something.

Buy a literal trucker hat that says that, and then take a photo of yourself smirking and pointing at it on your head. Send this in with your resume.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:19 pm »

I thought Gen. Petraeus had already bowed out? He'd be somewhat controversial due to the intel leak with his mistress that he did anyway.

The suggestion was he wouldn't want it knowing he wasn't the first choice, although that wasn't an official statement or anything. I'd guess it's trying to avoid being nominated and the potential shitshow that would cause.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 17, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »

The general gist I'm getting about the State Department is that we don't have working embassies, diplomats, or foreign policy advisors and we have not had those things for 3 weeks.  All positions are either not filled, not given orders, or not given access to the president.  What little diplomacy is happening is being carried out directly by Trump and his inner circle.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 17, 2017, 04:56:20 pm »

The general gist I am getting is that Trump actually IS utterly incompetent as president and it beginning to show more and more.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 17, 2017, 05:00:12 pm »

Even if you don't get a callback, "Refused employment by the Trump Administration" would be useful on a resume in certain circles.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 17, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »

The general gist I am getting is that Trump actually IS utterly incompetent as president and it beginning to show more and more.
yeah he is utterly clueless about basically everything related to the government. turns out electing an outsider means that your leader knows nothing by definition.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 17, 2017, 05:18:35 pm »

The general gist I'm getting about the State Department is that we don't have working embassies, diplomats, or foreign policy advisors and we have not had those things for 3 weeks.  All positions are either not filled, not given orders, or not given access to the president.  What little diplomacy is happening is being carried out directly by Trump and his inner circle.

Haven't heard anything about embassies not functioning, the career diplomats are filling in for the politically appointed ambassador positions.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 3569