Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4237321 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1320 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »

Anyone notice this thread's only been around for ten days and we are already nearing page one hundred?  Just how big is this thread going to get?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 07, 2017, 09:27:15 pm »

.... Page 57.  Still, we almost have 1,500 posts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 07, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »

it says 94 pages for me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1323 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:23 pm »

Anyone notice this thread's only been around for ten days and we are already nearing page one hundred?  Just how big is this thread going to get?
There's been multiple stuff to talk about per day every day. Putin in Korea already feels like old news, I think we're just counting down the next few minutes until Trump does something stupid

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:51 pm »

See, we SAID Ameripol thread was best thread! ;P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 07, 2017, 09:49:52 pm »

it says 94 pages for me.
ppp is a thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 07, 2017, 09:50:47 pm »

Anyone want to defend the DeVos appointment?
There isn't a defense of it, tbh. Not from the perspective of a functioning public education system. Education system at all, really.

Now, remember what I said somewhere in the last day or three about republican modus operandi? Yeeaaaahhh. Would mostly guess it's just trump being his usual incompetent shite of a self, from his angle, but republicans going along with the appointment makes quite a bit of sense in relation to their normal way of going about things. DeVos is pretty much certainly going to damage our education system further and damage the people's confidence in that system and the systems surrounding it that support it; they will be pissed, but to whatever extent they get pissed at the GOP some of that anger is going to splatter over the fed in general as collateral. Far as the GOP's concerned that is mission accomplished. Yet another example of the failed federal system on the road to being in the bag.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 07, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

They will all just come out, and (actually honestly this time) claim in unison that they despised trump, and did everything they could short of murder to avoid his confirmation as the GOP nominee, but that the general electorate chose him, and they did their duty to respect that choice.

this will in one stroke exonerate themselves from the clusterfuck, and condemn their own electorate.

The next move after that, is that they would demonize the DNC for torpedoing Sanders, and for pretending that Hillary was a shoe-in.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 07, 2017, 10:07:53 pm »

There's been multiple stuff to talk about per day every day. Putin in Korea already feels like old news, I think we're just counting down the next few minutes until Trump does something stupid

I haven't heard anything about Putin visiting Korea, it'd be pretty big news if he did.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:56 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1330 on: February 07, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »

I haven't heard anything about Putin visiting Korea, it'd be pretty big news if he did.

top sekrit breaking news
A new A Leppo and Putin's military invasion of Korea: Reasons to impeach Trump
t. US congresswoman

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »

God, I'm already hungry for the outcome of the 2018 House elections.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 07, 2017, 10:13:00 pm »

the GOP has tried to smear Mrs Waters for decades to get her out of congress.

This is NOT the first time she has said silliness.  She is however, quite beloved in her home state, as they keep electing her.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 07, 2017, 10:13:53 pm »

So what kind of consequences would making the Fed powerless have? From a regulatory standpoint (making environmental/business/civil liberty/civil right protections based on the state rather than the nation) some states are going to become quite terrible for the average person to live in. With these issues, here are some possibilities:
-Inequality doesn't increase too much at the national level, but states that already have heavily regressive tax systems and large socioeconomic/racial divisions (the Deep South, for example) will have inequality get even worse. The rich get richer because they have less taxes but the poor get little if any benefit. In addition, as corporations are taxed less businessmen end up with even more influence. Worst case, businesses completely control some states.
-Racial/discrimination issues increase in some states. Muslims and Mexicans are currently targets, but there are lots of different minority groups that could be targeted over the next few years. There will be protests against this, but the national government will be weakened enough that it can't do too much anyway.
-Some states become police states.
-On the other hand, states that are currently handling these problems will probably improve without the federal government holding them back. Ironically, these will be states such as California that like having a strong government, although at the state level the government will probably be strong.
-Environmental problems are going to be a big issue. If there's a large city that sits on a state boundary and one state is anti-environment[al regulation] while the other has strong environmental laws, what happens when pollution spills over? What happens if cars are legal in one state but too dirty for another? To meet regulations, will some businesses move factories over to states with little to no regulation?
-And of course a decade or so of progress in fighting global warming will be destroyed.
Some other interesting stuff could also happen:
-states become much more distinct and more like separate nations.
-large numbers of people migrate to states that are nicer to live in.
-quality of life begins diverging between states.
-and the risk of a general financial meltdown increases as banks are deregulated.
And moderately funny/ironic stuff that's much less likely:
-current heads of federal agencies succeed in destroying the government so well that they remove their own jobs.
-congress shuts down the federal government again but doesn't start it up again.
-people in the government start cutting each other's jobs
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »

So what kind of consequences would making the Fed powerless have?

The Articles of Confederation come to mind.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 3567