Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79442 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 2 dawns bloody cold
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2017, 04:20:52 pm »

@Perseus: Either RattyB or Shakerag.  ... Actually, I'm going to renew my vote on RattyB at least until he explains himself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:52 pm »

Preemptive Extend.  I'm busy and may get a chance to post tonight, but tomorrow I'm very highly likely going to be out for the whole day.  It's my birthday, ugh.

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2017, 04:34:46 pm »

@Everyone
First off, Jeez, you're all so quick to jump the gun. I am a reporter.

I didn't want to claim because I didn't really know why I would. I still don't trust doll, and think he is scum.
Especially because we know that that fillipk was trustworthy.

Last night, I followed TBF, because I wanted to make sure I was wasn't making a scum friend. He did not go
anywhere. Anyone else can confirm this. Please. I would appreciate it.

Oh yeah, doll.
Good day to you, sir!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2017, 04:42:40 pm »

No you didn't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:30 pm »

RattyB there is absolutely no way you followed me last night.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2017, 05:02:55 pm »

TBF: Can you elaborate on that a bit?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Night 1
« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:22 pm »

hector:
DA

hector: I'm leaning scum on him at the moment over his interaction with me towards the end of D1. I mentioned the possibility that TBF was third party rather than scum, which hector took as meaning that I didn't think he was a third party, not scum. Fine, I clarify and say that I think that it's possible that he's not scum, but certainly isn't town-oriented. Hector asks why I'm focusing on third parties. Feels like some pretty weird misunderstanding at best, and blatant misconstruction at worst.

Spoiler: Relevant quote (click to show/hide)

Just for clarity's sake, your response to that question you broke off at the end, there: (I wonder why...)
Perhaps if you engage your brain for half a second you'll be able to figure out why my answer to your question has no relevance to my point about the nature of the question itself and the context you asked it in.

hector: I didn't say that I think TBF is more likely to be a third party than scum. I still think scum is the most likely option, but if I'm wrong about that he's almost certainly third party.

If he happens to flip town, the town won't be better off, clearly.

Anyway, cynical!hector would think that you're twisting an argument to suit your read, in both cases.
Perhaps cynical hector should put some effort into explaining why he feels that way instead of making blanket statements and leaving it at that.

That's an interesting way to put things, seeing as you were the one to bring up the issue of TPs on D1 in regards to your vote. You said if TBF wasn't scum, he was a TP, which - as implied by my questions - struck me as an odd thing to be worrying about for town on D1. It doesn't even look like you considered the possibility of him being incompetent town.
Why would I consider that as a possibility? TBF has played the game before, he knows how it works. And again, I didn't bring up third parties as a worry at all during day 1. I said that TBF was clearly not playing from a town orientated mindset and if not scum he was most likely a third party. You seem determined to project the impression that I'm hunting for third parties over scum, and I'd like to know why.

Certainly, there were a number of players on D1 who could fit the bill of not having the town's best interests at heart. TDS posted a handful of times, Tiruin promised a reads list before day end that never came, I tunneled on TBF for ~30 hours, IronyOwl was voting for themselves at the end of the day; the list goes on.

Why did TBF deserve to be voted over these other players on the terms you settled on?
Tiruin and TDS were had low activity. I don't know what similarity you think IronyOwl has with the others you mentioned. TBF had a reasonable number of posts, but had made it clear that he had no interest in contributing any information to the town that he could avoid doing. Active players that are part taking in scummy behaviour are a higher priority for lynching as far as I'm concerned over inactive players or whatever you're accusing IronyOwl of.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2017, 05:18:22 pm »

Can I just say that I am certain that RattyB cannot have done what he claims to have done, for any number of possibly mutually-conflicting reasons?
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2017, 05:34:38 pm »

PFP. 6:23am. May be late for work but THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT BLAAAAAAH [also sucky innernets has me loading forum pages for MINUTES :V]

@Everyone

I didn't want to claim because I didn't really know why I would. I still don't trust doll, and think he is scum.

Last night, I followed TBF, because I wanted to make sure I was wasn't making a scum friend. He did not go

Oh yeah, doll.
...Man, your scumteam didn't really help you much did it?

I am an investigative scientist. I picked those tracking devices.
I booped Shakerag and RattyB yesterday. I nodded to doll as a subtle agreement that he's telling the truth (but wat to the claim)
RattyB visited IronOwl. The flavor has him ripped to shreds [flavor = indicative of what kill and whom; humans have guns, aliems have zap zap boom tech stuff, dopps have SHREDDY CLAWS]

...Also my second list was webadict and doll and I sent it to Meph when I woke up at that 2 hour loltimezone thing.
And then tracking devices were day actions :V

REASONS FO RLATER BECAUSE LOLNET AAAAAAA, reasons partly from my DAY ONE NOTES (whcih is why I dispute that thing doll said about lacking effectivity/usefulness_

Can I just say that I am certain that RattyB cannot have done what he claims to have done, for any number of possibly mutually-conflicting reasons?
Can I ask you how you are extremely certain or at least that's how I read your post back there regarding that?

At this moment I feel very secure with:
> Doll (albeit follow Shakey--his claim and the notion that NOBODY COULD'VE KNOWN THAT I DID unless he deeply infered my action and jumped on a claim, which is...also just as possible but extremely risky, but yeah, still)
> Shakeyshake (although he can be some kind of person who doesn't leave his room :V) and/or dopp accomplice
> Uhh, yeah. Work. Brevity. Conciseness hopefully :'(

Why not post them publicly? I mean you could've spent the time you weren't posting here making up several reads lists to PM to different folks, given that in the later game people are going to be reading other people based on their reads as much as anything else.
Because I was waiting for Ratty/Wubby/doll's reactions given my funstuff with Meph and action understanding sendiing.
But if this isn't to me then blame my innernets--I can't even LOAD QUOTES because lolslowdown and I've to go right now as it's 6:30 just typing up this whole post! :I

I WANT DETAILS FROM YOU, PUNK :I [/oldnoirdetectivevoice]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2017, 05:48:42 pm »

Well, that's one.

The other thing is that I don't really want to get NK'd if I do claim.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2017, 06:00:59 pm »

Well, two claims against Ratty seems pretty solid. RattyB

Tiruin
I booped Shakerag and RattyB yesterday. I nodded to doll as a subtle agreement that he's telling the truth (but wat to the claim)
RattyB visited IronOwl. The flavor has him ripped to shreds [flavor = indicative of what kill and whom; humans have guns, aliems have zap zap boom tech stuff, dopps have SHREDDY CLAWS]

...Also my second list was webadict and doll and I sent it to Meph when I woke up at that 2 hour loltimezone thing.

REASONS FO RLATER BECAUSE LOLNET AAAAAAA, reasons partly from my DAY ONE NOTES (whcih is why I dispute that thing doll said about lacking effectivity/usefulness_
Can you clarify the blue bit? You say you tagged Shakerag, but the description for the tracking devices on page 1 says they show where the player is, not who visits them. So what were you saying Doll was telling the truth about?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »

RattyB appears to have been caught in a lie by two different people, so I'm also fine with a lynch.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2017, 06:40:18 pm »

Works for me.

RattyB

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 14, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »

PFP. 6:23am. May be late for work but THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT BLAAAAAAH [also sucky innernets has me loading forum pages for MINUTES :V]

@Everyone

Oh yeah, doll.
...Man, your scumteam didn't really help you much did it?

Can I ask you how you are extremely certain or at least that's how I read your post back there regarding that?

At this moment I feel very secure with:
> Doll (albeit follow Shakey--his claim and the notion that NOBODY COULD'VE KNOWN THAT I DID unless he deeply infered my action and jumped on a claim, which is...also just as possible but extremely risky, but yeah, still)
> Shakeyshake (although he can be some kind of person who doesn't leave his room :V) and/or dopp accomplice
> Uhh, yeah. Work. Brevity. Conciseness hopefully :'(

Why not post them publicly? I mean you could've spent the time you weren't posting here making up several reads lists to PM to different folks, given that in the later game people are going to be reading other people based on their reads as much as anything else.
Because I was waiting for Ratty/Wubby/doll's reactions given my funstuff with Meph and action understanding sendiing.
But if this isn't to me then blame my innernets--I can't even LOAD QUOTES because lolslowdown and I've to go right now as it's 6:30 just typing up this whole post! :I

I WANT DETAILS FROM YOU, PUNK :I [/oldnoirdetectivevoice]
If you want, you can bot me, but I'm just letting you know, there's a reason I've been stupidly aggressive this game, and the hint is I like my sleep at night. Or maybe I don't, and I'm a liar. Who knows?

Also, heads up, doll has claimed exactly what he claimed to me.

I refuse to claim other than the breadcrumb I've just given, but I only do so for the benefit of the Town. doll will confirm that it's best not to know these things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:23 pm »

Oh-
@Tiruin: I'm certain he didn't visit me because <insert multiple contradictory, but valid, explanations here>.  Yeah, I really don't want to claim why.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57