Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79592 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:22 am »

The town has a lot more to discuss that it otherwise would have, sure. Most of that is centred around you, so I'm dubious of how useful it is (especially the reactions to your claims, which requires actually knowing your alignment to be a solid indicator of theirs). I could be entirely wrong, and even if I'm not it did at least make for a more interesting RVS than I've seen since roo played a game.
There is quite a lot of attention centered around myself, but this is mostly in addition to any other activity which would have otherwise been in the thread.
The attention around myself allowed players to read me, at least, if nobody else. I don't agree that you need to know someone's alignment to analyze their interaction with other players but since so many people appear to be supporting me, I should have a strong chance of drawing the hostile night game and flipping from that.
Since I am already aware of my role and alignment, I've been able to hunt in this privileged post-doll-flip space from the start anyhow. If I soak a hostile nightkill and give that information advantage to town, then that's fine too

doll/webadict: You've been siding together, which is odd because I'm not even sure if doll is town. However, webadict says that you pm'd role to each other so I can't assume both of you are scum. I'm also confused about why you would tell each other your roles this early. Why did you think it was safe? Why do you trust each other?
Are you sure that webadict is town?

It's 'safe' because I'm going to be the center of a lot of night activity regardless of webadict's alignment, so there's relatively little damage he can do with the information.
I trust that he's brought a strong town game so far, because I've seen it (and he's been similarly productive in PMs).
I don't trust that he is town, because I don't think that he would slip if he wasn't so I'm not surprised that he hasn't.

I felt the reaction I got was telling - he has no interest in playing the game, which is very much not in town's benefit - so left it there.
So you left your vote on a player even though you got a strong reaction which wasn't particularly scummy?

How do you think the town should respond to you and I claiming kook in the short-, medium-, and long-term in this game? Say, D1 + N1, D2-N3, and D4+ respectively.
This doesn't seem to be a very useful question to ask at this point in the game.
What were you hoping to accomplish with this?

doll
What about that resting vote left over from RVS being there 5 hours prior to the day ending?
He's become inactive, which is anti-town rather than inherently suspicious.
He is and already was in my top three picks of scum, these being you (hector13), fillipk and Shakerag.

Questions regarding your reads, too:

You appear to have gone to the effort of going through posts to form reads on people, but only quoted Shakerag. Why is that?
I had originally intended to post three 'cases', one on you, shakerag and fillipk. All of these were going to include quotes, though only fillipk's was to include a vote.
As I was combing through posts, I decided that you and shakerag were merely suspicious rather than good options to pursue right away (I didn't have enough material, because you and shakerag are playing anti-town games right now).
I'll be elaborating on my feeling regarding you and shakerag, though.

A lot of your reads end with you saying "unknown" despite some positive things to say about their game. Tiruin, for example, is playing a "strong and dependable Town (day) game", Deus Asmoth has a "solid town game" yet they still read as unknowns to you. Why is that?
In my usage of that term there, having good town game is the opposite of being anti-town.
Having a strong town game is more an indicator of being a good and productive player than anything else. Being active gives you more chance to slip (and hunting effectively gives others more of a chance to be read), so they're less lynchable than similarly unsuspicious, but less pro-town players.
Tiruin and DA are good players, so they're just playing inline with their meta which is why I don't have strong reads on them.
At this (and that) point I'm inclined to say that DA has a slight town lean while Tiruin has a slight scum lean, but I didn't want to color my reads unnecessarily when my indictments of  you and shakerag were so weak.

I'll be adding some hector/shakerag/leafsnail analysis after a bit

Did the list come in any particular order?
Yes, the order in which the player's went in on the game, other than where I deleted webadict when removing my own name so I added him to the end of the list.
The order doesn't signify anything.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2017, 04:01:38 am »

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Bonus questions:

Tiruin
I accidentally read through your posts again and you were more active than I thought.
Your game in general has been pretty strong.
I'll still make the same request I was going to of you, which is to out your current reads.

TheDarkStar
Currently, I'm inclined to think that doll really is a survivor who is currently helping town. I am against lynching him for now, but I would like to see some kind of inspection done on him.
Is there a reason you're not voting for anyone?
You've already said that you think I'm a scumsiding role, but are against a lynch. Why is that?
Doesn't having a bounty of player interaction, both hostile and supportive, make lynching me even more valuable in a doll-as-nontown narrative?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2017, 04:51:31 am »

[completelyshitfavecd]

Leafsnail:
Interesting you should say that.  doll PMd me asking me to fakeclaim something in the thread.  Given that you have made your position on lying townies very clear leading up to this game...  I think you can see where I'm going with this.  A stretch?  Maybe.  But not impossible.
Where are you going with this?
Ok, christ, I didn';t tink youd' be that thick.  Im tryin gto insinuate that doll would be setting people (or at least me) up for mislynching. 

doll:
Going to put your vote on an anti-town player when there are scum lying around?
By "anti-town" I meant that to include scum, third-parties, and players who are vomiting shit that is distreacting town from scumhunting.  I am implying that you could be scum or you could be anti-town third party, or you could be town that is just acting like a twunt.

Leafsnail:
I have a pretty strong read that Shakerag is scum.
k

So, let's see what we feel about the bastards in this game:

hector13:  Nothing terribly stangind out so far, but I'm falling asleep in my chair, so I guess this'll have to wait for tomorrow.

TheDarkStar: TBA
fillipk: TBA
Shakerag: TBA
Tiruin:  TBA
Persus1:TBA3
Deus AsmothRBA
doll:TBA
webadict:TBA
Leafsnail:TBA
IronyOwl
RattyB
4maskwolf
TheBiggerFish

[/completelyshitfaced]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2017, 06:22:22 am »

Extend
Thursday, 7pm here :O Usually Meph time is 'late night time or 2pm time' here when he ends his games, I'll catch up soon! :3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2017, 06:59:44 am »

Lol, alright, Shakerag's probably town.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2017, 08:04:50 am »

He's certainly staying true to the Shakerag town meta, anyhow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2017, 08:21:58 am »

He's certainly staying true to the Shakerag town meta, anyhow.
You sound hesitant.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2017, 08:35:16 am »

I wouldn't consider this a point against him being a third party.
Probably not one in a team, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2017, 08:53:13 am »

I wouldn't consider this a point against him being a third party.
Probably not one in a team, though.
Doesn't matter to me. Why does it matter to you?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2017, 09:03:22 am »

I was reading into his seeming lack of concern for others as being a possible fleck in the direction of his being totally without a team, i.e. independent third party.
On further consideration though, I think that's just the nature of Shakerag.

You were right that I should have waited until D2 before reading too much into shakerag.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2017, 10:08:28 am »

The Whiteboard
doll: Shakerag
fillipk: doll, RattyB, webadict
hector13: Persus13
RattyB: fillipk
Shakerag: Leafsnail
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth, IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is 1 vote to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Friday. 4 votes needed to Extend.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:14:18 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2017, 10:11:07 am »

I felt the reaction I got was telling - he has no interest in playing the game, which is very much not in town's benefit - so left it there.
So you left your vote on a player even though you got a strong reaction which wasn't particularly scummy?

I have a long history of this with TBF though, so the reaction was more emotional (it is hugely frustrating that he has no idea how to play the game and is even unwilling to try in the various games he has played, in over a year) but I did think he was scum at the time, and then unvoted after I had calmed down enough.

How do you think the town should respond to you and I claiming kook in the short-, medium-, and long-term in this game? Say, D1 + N1, D2-N3, and D4+ respectively.
This doesn't seem to be a very useful question to ask at this point in the game.
What were you hoping to accomplish with this?

Wanted to know how much he had thought on it. As I had mentioned earlier in that post (directed at Persus) I had wanted to bring that up earlier, specifically when you had also claimed kook. I was still curious about the answer though, seeing as multiple people had claimed kook in a relatively small game.

Personally I think Leafsnail and I should both be killed at some point, probably at night. We've claimed something that can't be confirmed unless there's an agent operative in the game with a scanner, maybe a xenozoologist, or if we flip.

There's also no guarantee that one or both of us is claiming as scum.

PPE:

Meph

You have RattyB voting for fillipk and Shakerag.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2017, 10:14:34 am »

Fixed. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:10 am »

EBWOP

Also forgot to add that it's unlikely TBF is part of a team, given his responses are awful.

If he was, he's either not paying attention to the coaching (or his team are newbies) or he's going to get bussed at some point. Or something else I forgot about in my haste to add this in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2017, 10:19:09 am »

I was reading into his seeming lack of concern for others [...].
On further consideration though, I think that's just the nature of Shakerag.
Oh, yeah, I'm pretty much like that all the time.  Ask my significant other  >_>

Alright, back to gathering some reads when I'm not busy/on lunch break.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57