Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79408 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2017, 06:48:34 pm »

So... I don't really have any good RVS questions, so I'm just gonna make stuff up.

Leafsnail: What would you ask me if you were scum?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:40 pm »

TDS
Deus Asmoth: How would you find doppelgangers as town?
Same as I normally find mafia. Look for inconsistencies in arguments, odd behaviours and interactions between players, and avoid lynching people unless it actually makes sense to do so. The PM mechanic might be useful for coordinated behaviour, but it could also be more trouble than it's worth.

Irony
Deus Asmoth: Would you rather be a vigilante or a vengeful guard?
Vengeful Guard, without a doubt. Protecting someone I think is useful while at the same time killing the person who tried to kill them is never not beneficial unless a vigilante was trying to kill the person I was protecting.

Leafsnail: I've always figured that claiming it makes you fairly likely to be lynched, while not claiming it makes you pretty much guaranteed to be lynched if it gets discovered later. Logically that makes claiming the better choice, plus if there's a telepath in the game it's verifiable via checking whether you have a kill goal or not.

Ratty: If you could have chosen a win condition from those available, which would you have gone for?

Persus: Who would you have chosen to be your two team mates, assuming you're a doppelganger?

Tiruin: Assume you're an Exterminator. Do you try to kill off the town first or the doppelgangers?

Shakerag: A train is about to run over five people that you don't particularly dislike, but you can pull a lever to switch its tracks, causing it to run over five different people (that you don't particularly like) instead. Do you pull the lever?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04:42 pm »

I would pick survivor cause they get a lot of hate.
Good day to you, sir!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:24 pm »

Why would that be a good thing?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
Most likely doll or RattyB.

Deus Asmoth:
Shakerag: A train is about to run over five people that you don't particularly dislike, but you can pull a lever to switch its tracks, causing it to run over five different people (that you don't particularly like) instead. Do you pull the lever?
Funny enough, I was just reading about the Trolley Problem.  I'm going to go with not pulling the lever, as that's going to get me in the least amount of legal trouble.

RattyB:  Don't overexert yourself, mate.  Save some enthusiasm for the rest of the game.

fillipk:  What scumtell do you tend to pick up on the most?

Persus13:  What was the worst case of active lurking you've seen?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2017, 11:33:59 pm »

I'm also interested in the reasoning on that. Seems like an odd reason to pick it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2017, 01:11:57 am »

I am a kook.

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.

doll: Were you able to get into your quickchat successfully?
Yes.
Why didn't you just PM me if you weren't sure?

Doll: Considering there are 14 people in the game and 3 dopps, how many third parties do you think are in the game and which ones do you think they are?
That's an odd question.
I don't know the values of Meph's algorithm or how likely he is to change it (that is, interfere with the program), so I can't answer that truthfully.
I can say that I think the exterminator is an underrated threat in Paranormal, while the other third parties are mostly not a problem (OH and Hivemind being very unlikely to overcome scum resistance, outside of major luck).
There being three dopps only is possibly an indication of something far worse than any third party, which is strong dopp power roles (like vig).
With the town size it's almost inevitable that at least two people will die or go missing tonight.

doll: How would you win as a neutral/town-aligned third party?
By following my role and pursuing my wincon?
As alien survivor I had intended to claim d1 and take a blaster because the looming threat of losing a town-member makes lynching me the same as a mislynch, while I can easily scumside (and the blaster dissuades scum aggression, scum testing my claim with their teeth, or exty aggression). OH isn't afraid of a survivor and xenozoo is probably going to die and let me out again so overall it's a pretty safe role to play.
I'm not sure what the best way to go about player jester is on B12. Infecter would probably involve an alien fakeclaim of some sort D2.
Xenozoo is a good way to get killed so I really don't know, I guess I'd try to fish out player's roles before I decide how to play for that one.

Questions:

hector13
You were active and got quickly townread in our previous game.
Will you be similarly active in this game?
TheDarkStar
Did you expect me to lie in my answer to you?
Am I actually alien survivor faking you out?
Will this line of questioning reduce my credibility when I claim alien survivor later today?
fillipk
I'm curious as to why you used a female pronoun for me.
Do you work for White Wolf?
How badly is my direct scumhunting methodology going to work on B12 with it's assumed air of unclear roles, where the underlying ambiguity of the scene has crept out of the voice of the players?
Would I expect this?
Shakerag
You seem to be taking the sensible position of preferring no-info kills to take place on unknown players.
If nobody slips, would you prefer a doll/RattyB lynch?
Do you expect this to happen?
Tiruin
I've asked your question in a PM.
Persus13
If you were scum, and I claimed to be an alien survivor with a blaster, and you were approaching a point in the game where tech-trading my blaster on scum being lynched would give you the game, would you attempt side with me?
Deus Asmoth
What's odd about wanting to draw heat?
webadict
Am I actually a kook?
Leafsnail
If I changed your wincon halfway through the game, would you be sad?
Do you think you'll win with your current wincon?
IronyOwl
Do you think it's worth using NQT's formula's, when he's not here to try and interpret them?
4maskwolf
Asking someone a good question makes both players look townsided, because it gives and opportunity for both to give good reads.
Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 02:02:52 am »

I am a kook.
Interesting, has there ever been 2 Kooks in a paranormal game before?  Anyway doesn't change whether I find you scum or town based on your actions

Doll

fillipk
I'm curious as to why you used a female pronoun for me.
Do you work for White Wolf?
How badly is my direct scumhunting methodology going to work on B12 with it's assumed air of unclear roles, where the underlying ambiguity of the scene has crept out of the voice of the players?
Would I expect this?
1. Sorry, I've been trying really carefully not to since I don't know your gender, you just strike me as female for some reason
2. No, why would you bring that up Doll?
3. It's going to work fine, even with players talking about the role ambiguity people still are either mafia, third party or town, the only difference is that we don't know the exact numbers of third parties out there so scum hunting is still the number 1 way to find scum so whatever way you do it is fine as long as it works.
4. I'm not actually sure what your asking but would be happy to answer the question if you clarify.

By the way what did you mean by quickchat, I know pms are allowed, does that just extend to those too?

I agree that its likely 2+ will die tonight, but you really don't think the third parties are a big threat except the exterminator?  I asked a question about exterminators, what do you think about that?

RattyB

Answer more then one question.  That is all.

Shakerag

fillipk:  What scumtell do you tend to pick up on the most?
I don't know.  I struggle with picking up non-obvious scumtells so I really couldn't say what which one I pick up the most.
So to anyone reading this why how did you end up reading this text?
How about you?

Webadict
webadict: If you were a vigilante, when would you kill and why?
Immediately, since there's little reason not to. I would kill the useless; the lurking; the crazy. The goal is to gain information, and you can gain an entirely foolproof confirmation on someone by doing that. Downside is they die. Buuuut, maybe they should've thought about that before being lazy.
Is your answer at all affected by the fact that everyone targets you night 1?  Also with this in mind who would you shoot right now?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 02:17:50 am »

1. Sorry, I've been trying really carefully not to since I don't know your gender, you just strike me as female for some reason
2. No, why would you bring that up Doll?
3. It's going to work fine, even with players talking about the role ambiguity people still are either mafia, third party or town, the only difference is that we don't know the exact numbers of third parties out there so scum hunting is still the number 1 way to find scum so whatever way you do it is fine as long as it works.
4. I'm not actually sure what your asking but would be happy to answer the question if you clarify.
1) I'm just wondering idly
2) It's related to 1), because they're an RPG publisher and they're inconsistent with the standard pronoun they use. It was instructive to note that at one point the same three people wrote like a dozen of their books in a row and exclusively used the female pronoun for the generic case.
3) You're awfully slow to give offense, aren't you?
4) Related to 3): is the answer you gave in 3) what I expected you to answer to 3)?

By the way what did you mean by quickchat, I know pms are allowed, does that just extend to those too?
I think it's pretty obvious what he meant by quickchat.

I agree that its likely 2+ will die tonight, but you really don't think the third parties are a big threat except the exterminator?  I asked a question about exterminators, what do you think about that?
The third parties can't scumside, at least not in any meaningful way (maybe new MS can). OH is basically just going to end up killed by scum as a guarantee, so it's more likely to prefer killing scum, so it's actually probably townsided to have in the game (outside of the doomsday clock).
Something something xenozoo is always considered townsided something something
Survivor is survivor.
Spore spreader is a real threat but it's not likely to be obviously a threat until it's obviously a threat. The general hope is just that someone hits it with a night kill early on and we forget it exists.

You asked about the exterminator because it's one of the few which actually has a team so it's easy to draw scum comparisons orthogonally.
It's fallacious though because exty is a gimmick role through and through and not playing it as one is throwing away the strongest parts.
It has a strong ability to make the game unwinnable for town though, more so than any other role.

I'm the exty though so I'll spoil the night and tell you that I'm just going to use mind control ray + plasma bomb to try and kill half the players in one night. Dopps always target each other so it's more likely to clear them out than town, actually.

So to anyone reading this why how did you end up reading this text?
Kind of spoiling it early, but it's a vacuous question which just reveals how likely a player is to respond to trivial things.
Is your answer at all affected by the fact that everyone targets you night 1?  Also with this in mind who would you shoot right now?
You'd be insane to not shoot N1 as vig outside of some very odd setups.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 02:50:32 am »

I'm actually an alien survivor.
I can only assume you're scum from your behavior.
What tech do you want me to pick to help us for the game end?
Like I said I was thinking holdout blaster for it's tech-swapping options for lynches.
I'm not scum, but I won't lynch you or reveal you at all, as you said the town loses out.
It would still benefit town to be aware of this and the fact that A) a scumsiding role is in the game B) a scumsiding role has small tech and C) I'm a great option for ass drones and tech shielded/guardianed vig's etc.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 02:51:01 am »

(That was a PM if it wasn't obvious)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 03:14:40 am »

Doll: First you claim kook, then exterminator and then survivor, are you going to stick to one of those roles?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 03:20:12 am »

Doll: First you claim kook, then exterminator and then survivor, are you going to stick to one of those roles?
I was going to say 'no' but it might give away the category of my actual role.

Right at this moment, without giving it any more thought than you already have, please blurt out your current impression of my actual role.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 06:56:34 am »

Lol, this is gonna be a weird game. This doll plays like I used to. There's like six gambits hoping on.

I bet they're not even a Kook. Are you doll?

Alright, you and me are gonna have a little chat.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 07:06:44 am »

I bet they're not even a Kook.
I'm honestly shocked that you feel that this merits mention.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57