Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79487 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2017, 09:29:16 pm »

Please, I don't want to lynch Doll yet, I'm not voting Doll.  We aren't pressed for time and while anti-town is bad it's not scum.  As for the PM.  What am I going to do, add a third claim to the list of claims by Doll with no proof to back them up, I see that as more scummy then keeping silent about it.

As for the Hector thing.  The argument I'm seeing is that people are complaining about him going after TBF for being lazy which doesn't strike me as a scum thing to do.  So if there's another argument that would be nice to see.

For all honesty I would prefer a TBF lynch over anyone else right now.  Doll can be ignored but TBF is being lazy when there is no need to be lazy, and when pressured they just posts more in the lazy fashion then improving the quality of their posts.
I don't buy this reasoning. How are you NOT reasonably suspicious of doll at this point? If he's doing exactly what you're claiming he's doing -- buddying, lying, and misleading -- then you should be going after him (and me by extension.)

I'm not gonna say this is weak because that would be understating it.
Did I ever contradict myself.  I am reasonably suspicious of both Doll and you at this point but not enough to want to lynch you or Doll.  As you said everyone targets you with night 1 actions so I have no need to lynch you day 1 as you generate more information this way.  As for Doll, I hoped on the I think Doll is anti-town bus but between them and TBF I would prefer to get TBF because I think Doll might actually end up playing better after day 1, where as TBF has notoriously put very little effort into his posts even after day 1.

You never did respond about the Hector13 thing though?

Logically I should appear anti-town to you, which it appears I do.
Why are you so quick to push on anti-town players when what we actually want to lynch is scum (and third parties)?
Because in the absence of a strong read I'd rather risk hitting an unhelpful townie than a good one. It also discourages other players from playing badly in the long term, both in this game and others.
That's like saying RVS is not big and not clever.
RVS doesn't involve lying and being an idiot.
Is there an actual problem with the alien survivor claim?
I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Well if it's true then you should be lynched. Is it true?
Why are you so concerned about trying to push out information so cleanly (to the point of adding kook as a note to the conversation even though it's obvious since we're both kooks)?
Since you're shitting nonsense claims everywhere (Survivor and Exterminator are mutually exclusive with each other and kook) it's impossible to tell whether you're being serious or not with your kook claim. Knowing whether each player is claiming kook or not is beneficial to the town because it means any Agents can aim away from them. It also gives the mafia no relevant role information because the "kook" modifier can be applied to any town role. So why are you muddying the waters on this issue? I have two explanations.
1. You are mafia or some third party, and you are trying to undermine kook claims in order to make any town Agents weaker and give yourself an out if you're investigated later.
2. You are stirring shit for no reason at all, without considering whether it's beneficial to your win condition. I have no problem lynching someone like this.
Also, Wubba, this is the crux of the case against Doll.  I agree with this basically 100% and don't have anything meaningful to add so going after Doll is akin to bandwagoning.  Same can be said of TBF, that's why I'm not voting TBF, just letting people know where I stand on both issues and, if it came down to it, who I would vote for.

RattyB
@fillipk Given the choice, I would prefer Exterminator, Exterminator Op is an underpowered support role in my opinion, nothing like the interesting balance between most roles. No offense Mephansteras.
Thank you for answering my question.  I know your new but I would love to hear your thoughts on both the Leafsnail/Doll thing and the Hector13/TBF thing and on anything else that might be going on.

TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
Most likely doll or RattyB.

Shakerag seems to eager to take charge. Maybe scum, maybe not. Just in case tho...
Oh and it is generally considered a scummy move to vote someone for saying they would like to kill you with nothing else concrete,  it's referred to as an OMGUS (Oh My God You Suck).  If you are wondering why you were there it's probably because you haven't been posting much and kills, aka roleflips, are a source of information you weren't providing before with your lack of content.

Irony Owl
But some people have done enough to vote them over, or question their voting over, right? Or do you think everyone's still an equally bland viable lynch target?
Not actually directed at me but I'm happy to answer this.  No two lynch targets stand out to me, TBF and Doll.  I don't think either is particularly scummier then anyone else, just anti-town to play with.  Doll has basically claimed every alignment and they all cancel out leaving us with basically no info on them.  TBF, on the other hand has basically tried to do as little as possible in this game and isn't particularly new enough to get away with it like RattyB.  I would prefer a TBF lynch because if someone can get Doll's race locked down they could become useful because they are a good player from what I've seen.

4Mask
People using inactivity as a reason to accuse/prod people: Question for you: I was completely inactive for the first 24 hours of the game, got online to post two posts that were almost exclusively responding to people's questions (and one current affairs comment where I said I got a bad vibe from something), then disappeared up until this post (I was actually checking in every couple hours at work but work wifi is stupid and eats any posts I try to make here, so I had to post when I returned home). If you're going to make accusations in RVS about inactivity/active lurking, why did my name never come up?
Its not inactivity.  It's a lack of effort on the part of TBF when he answers questions.  Which is a bit different since they are being fairly active.

Also to be honest I forgot you were in this, which one of Doll's claims do you see as most likely to be true?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »

Also to be honest I forgot you were in this, which one of Doll's claims do you see as most likely to be true?
First the mod, now my fellow players... what has the world come to.

As for Doll... I'm going to go with "none of them".  Regardless of whether or not one of the claims is actually true, they're laying down such a smokescreen of inanity and bullshit that it'd be rather meaningless to guess which one of them is true.  What've they claimed so far?  Alien Survivor, Exterminator, and Kook?  Two roles that are rare (especially in a smaller game like this one) and not beneficial to claim early and one that is a role addition that has been claimed by two other people so far.  So yeah, I'm gonna go with "none".

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2017, 10:20:05 pm »

Everyone: Has anyone not gotten a PM from Doll? I got one saying they were sending PMs to everyone besides Tiruin.

TBF
But, yeah, hector, 2 minutes is a long time on the Internet.  And again, it's really fiddly.  So while I can do it, I don't want to.

So what were you planning to do later in the game to actually make a case on anyone if it's too much hassle to quote things and read the thread for questions now?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »

I didn't say it was too much hassle to quote things, I said it was too much hassle to snip out relevant bits from longposts.

And, again, for some reason I thought there was much more backlog than there actually was.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »

Everyone: Has anyone not gotten a PM from Doll?
Ye-
I got one saying they were sending PMs to everyone besides Tiruin.
:I
Hmph. Now I'm being mentioned in PMs too! I:

PFP
4mask
Tiruin: I'm going to play the game, obviously.  That's what I signed up to do, no?
You had to mention you and gambits--you mentioned doll and taking your spot :P
So that was more me being curious about what you saw in doll.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2017, 11:29:29 pm »

4mask
Tiruin: I'm going to play the game, obviously.  That's what I signed up to do, no?
You had to mention you and gambits--you mentioned doll and taking your spot :P
So that was more me being curious about what you saw in doll.
It was more a humerous stab at my many often ill-advised gambits from the past.  Some worked, some were actually viable, and some were complete fucking lunacy, like the one I did in Paranormal 24.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2017, 11:30:40 pm »

It was more a humerous stab at my many often ill-advised gambits from the past.  Some worked, some were actually viable, and some were complete fucking lunacy, like the one I did in Paranormal 24.
Because I have no idea what that was, could you enlighten us as to what the heck it was you did?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:35 pm »

Because I have no idea what that was, could you enlighten us as to what the heck it was you did?
PM-related shenanigans followed by improvisation when things didn't go the way I expected them to.  Ended up wasting most of Day One in fruitless discussion about utterly irrelevant nonsense and accomplished nothing for the town (I was a human reporter that game).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2017, 11:59:41 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@IronyOwl:...Huh.  I could have sworn it was Shakerag.

Mostly, that real life inactivity got labeled as scummy lurking, and that I am (or was at the time, at least) basically being scumhunted on mostly false pretenes.
So when you say RVS is going poorly, you mean for your survival specifically. Are you more concerned with your own survival than any other aspect of RVS?

Leafsnail:
2. You are stirring shit for no reason at all, without considering whether it's beneficial to your win condition. I have no problem lynching someone like this.
Is it your first choice, though? Who's in second and third places?

The Player Formerly Known As Hector:
fillipk:
Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
But some people have done enough to vote them over, or question their voting over, right? Or do you think everyone's still an equally bland, viable lynch target?
Not sure how you mixed up the quotes though, IronyOwl (livin' up to your name, eh?) but that was me what said that which you... whatever the word is, to fillipk. Begins with an A.

Also not sure how you came to the conclusion that was the intention I wanted to convey, though. I have said I don't think doll is scum, and TBF is indulging in enough anti-town behaviour for me to be feel alright voting for him.
Derp. Attributed?

My point, though, was that you claimed your own accomplishments were irrelevant, as nobody has had any time to do anything productive, yet feel TBF has had enough time to prove himself worth a vote. Couldn't he use the same reasoning to claim he's done nothing because neither he nor anybody else has had time to do anything?

4maskwolf:
People using inactivity as a reason to accuse/prod people: Question for you: I was completely inactive for the first 24 hours of the game, got online to post two posts that were almost exclusively responding to people's questions (and one current affairs comment where I said I got a bad vibe from something), then disappeared up until this post (I was actually checking in every couple hours at work but work wifi is stupid and eats any posts I try to make here, so I had to post when I returned home). If you're going to make accusations in RVS about inactivity/active lurking, why did my name never come up?
Partially because I can't pay attention to everyone at once, and by the time this came up I wasn't paying attention to who had checked in. Largely because you seem to be actually lurking and then actually doing things when you show up, whereas TBS just seems to be shockingly and unrepentantly lazy.

Compare, for instance, your respective RVS answers:
Whoever asked me the question about RVS: hell if I know or care, that's up to each individual person to decide what questions they think are bad.  I personally find the whole stage an ugly necessity: it's dumb, it's cringeworthy, but the game has to start off somehow and this is the best way to do it.
Incredibly context dependent, but generally yes.  New players can often be overenthusiastic in their efforts and make beginner mistakes and accidental scumtells that intelligent players (both scum and town) can avoid.
@filipk: Nobody, because insufficient data.
@doll: Because there's nothing to crack.

@doll: Because I don't know, and misinformation doesn't help town in that sort of thing.
"Hell if I know, it depends on the context, but personally..."
"No. No. Unknown. Nothing."

Actually fillipk This Time:
Not actually directed at me but I'm happy to answer this.  No two lynch targets stand out to me, TBF and Doll.  I don't think either is particularly scummier then anyone else, just anti-town to play with.  Doll has basically claimed every alignment and they all cancel out leaving us with basically no info on them.  TBF, on the other hand has basically tried to do as little as possible in this game and isn't particularly new enough to get away with it like RattyB.  I would prefer a TBF lynch because if someone can get Doll's race locked down they could become useful because they are a good player from what I've seen.
So you're fine clearing out an obnoxious player you don't actually think is scum?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2017, 12:18:43 am »

@Irony
Sure if I don't have anyone else I actually think is scum I would rather hit an obnoxious player then random another player.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2017, 12:49:40 am »

Extend
RVS is over
There are several meaningful lines of discussion to follow

I'm going to write up a large post but that'll take me a while, so for now I'll say the following:
Anyone with an outstanding question from me either in the thread or a PM need not (and probably shouldn't) reply; that was part of RVS and we've got things to discuss now.
I am not a kook.
Indeed, I'll go so far as to say: I am not an alien. Not even a townsided one.
Webadict did indeed fullclaim to me. Just before I wrote this post I fullclaimed to him. I'll comment on his alignment in the large post.

If you have anything urgent to ask me I'll probably see it while preparing the other post, so you can ask.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2017, 02:12:23 am »

Spoiler: Replies (click to show/hide)

Due to budgeting restraints I'm going to need to post my reads in another post, since I'll be busy again for a while.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2017, 03:56:27 am »

Late-night-insomnia-mafia, go!

IronyOwl

The Player Formerly Known As Hector:
fillipk:
Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
But some people have done enough to vote them over, or question their voting over, right? Or do you think everyone's still an equally bland, viable lynch target?
Not sure how you mixed up the quotes though, IronyOwl (livin' up to your name, eh?) but that was me what said that which you... whatever the word is, to fillipk. Begins with an A.

Also not sure how you came to the conclusion that was the intention I wanted to convey, though. I have said I don't think doll is scum, and TBF is indulging in enough anti-town behaviour for me to be feel alright voting for him.
Derp. Attributed?

My point, though, was that you claimed your own accomplishments were irrelevant, as nobody has had any time to do anything productive, yet feel TBF has had enough time to prove himself worth a vote. Couldn't he use the same reasoning to claim he's done nothing because neither he nor anybody else has had time to do anything?

Attributed, right.

I didn't claim my own accomplishments were irrelevant, Persus had used the logic "eliminate x from your game and what have you done?" as justification for voting me, and that was the only thing I had done. I could've pointed out specific things, like prior to that post Persus' only contribution had been a handful of RVS questions and a joke vote, or that TDS has only posted once, but it was easier to just generalise all that into "nobody's really done anything", 'cause I'm lazy and like to indulge in hyperbole.

So, to answer your question, yes, TBF could use that as an excuse, but I don't think he could say so and have people accept it. He's made 20 posts since I voted him, so he's had plenty opportunity to do something, plenty opportunity to modify his behaviour, but he appears to think it's actually alright that he's said he wanted other people to find the questions he was asked - which, in itself, wasn't really an issue at that point seeing as how it was RVS, but not something I think is particularly helpful to town in the long-run - and that he's not going to put forth the effort into actually quoting and formatting the questions he does deign to answer - much more of an issue, seeing as that way nobody knows wtf he's responding to, and has to spend time figuring that out.

Then he has the audacity to say that the issues people have with him are that he's active-lurking and not asking questions, when I quite clearly had issue with the things in the above paragraph. He's actively taking the piss, is what he's doing.

That should also answer 4mask's question, regarding why I have issue with TBF and not him (or TDS, or Persus)

fillipk

@Irony
Sure if I don't have anyone else I actually think is scum I would rather hit an obnoxious player then random another player.

For srs?

Why an obnoxious player?

Why not, for example, a lurky player, or a lying player, or an anti-town player?

TBF

Why this particular question?

doll

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2017, 03:59:55 am »

Reads & Cases:
fillipk
Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheDarkStar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: fillipk (click to show/hide)

Disclaimer: the above incomplete read's list was written before hector's post.
I'll not update my commentary on hector here but I will say that I like his new post just from the outset.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2017, 04:15:08 am »

Of the PMs you sent, what did it tell you if players didn't respond to them, either directly or in-thread?
I'd need to triple check to be sure but the only players who didn't respond were yourself and TDS.
TDS got the same PM as you, so it was a banal and obviously fishing fake roleclaim. I was hoping to use it with potentially active players to see if they would produce a meaningful response or to at least make it clear to them that I was being absurd so they would be more likely to take me seriously when I sobered up.
Of the three people who got that PM, only persus13 responded.
He was appropriately disgusted.
Spoiler: the PM (click to show/hide)

Presumably you were paying attention for such slips, and the worrisome RVS answers. Did anything stand out to you?
Yes.
This should be cleared up as I finish posting my current reads.

More of an addition to the above question, but it's D1, anti-town indicators are all we have to go on right now. Do you think Shakerag is wrong (from his perspective) to be voting you, citing anti-town rather than scum?
There's nothing wrong with his vote, if he changes it as the day progresses.
In my opinion there is a lot of material in the thread to be suspicious of, though I've had more exposure to material than any other player I suppose.
The main point will be whether or not he interfaces with the cases that people make from now on.
As a resting vote left from RVS and putting pressure on an anti-town player, it's perfectly valid at the time it is from.

Let's have a few examples of the activity - preferably activity that can be built on - your prior D1 play has inspired, please.
I'd rather not discuss the relative merits of my RVS style at this point, unless you are thinking of building a case about it.
I will note that Leafsnail's and fillipk's interaction with me are essential to the reads most players have on them.

I get the feeling your mind is made up regarding fillipk's scumminess, seeing as you don't appear to be trying to provoke further response (an implied vote is no vote, after all) so could you provide examples of fillipk's scumminess?
Hopefully, done.
My mind isn't made up in the sense that I'm not flexible to change, but if someone got lynched right now I would be fairly glad it was him. I'd like to see how people react to the case though and especially to see that in light of his flip if there is one.

Yet not interesting enough to ask about :P
Sorry, I meant 'it's interesting in an idly academic way', the same way fine wine can be in a mafia game.
It's not worth discussing at this point where my time is monopolized by actual evidence (so to speak).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57