Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101105 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1845 on: January 21, 2018, 03:53:13 pm »

"Quetzalxochitl." Quetzie said patiently.
"I wish to ask you of your master, and some of you."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 21, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »

"Quetzalxochitl... I'll do my best to remember it. And of course! I would be glad to answer any questions you have that I can. And I have a few questions to ask myself... If you don't mind that is, of course."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 21, 2018, 04:26:24 pm »

Wynne, after offering Drest a handshake as the conversation ends, walks over to a certain grumpy healer and the other well-armored individual of the group.

"'scuse me, do ya mind if I borrow Eric for a minute or two?" Wynne asks Caius.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »

"Perhaps it is strange to your tongue, as yours are to mine."
"I do not mind questions."
There is little harm in educating these barbarians a little, as I intend to learn from them, too.
"Sybil. She is a...." She briefly searched for the word. "Magician, yes? Though not a priest. And same for you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 21, 2018, 04:32:48 pm »

Eric looked at the healer. "That should be fine. You have a letter to write, don't you Caius?" Then he turned to Wynne. "What's up?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 21, 2018, 04:41:12 pm »

Wynne inclined her head to the door to the throne room, and headed out to the (presumably largely empty) area outside of it.

"Pretty much since that fight outside stopped, been doin' a lot of talkin'. Been havin' ta do a lot of thinkin' too, bout what ta say and what's gonna happen in the future. I feel sorta like doin' something that don't require that much thinking, if ya don't mind."

She stretched a bit, and took her lance and shield out.

"Any objection ta a good old sparrin' match? Holdin' back ta avoid giving the priesty folks more work, 'course."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 21, 2018, 04:53:18 pm »

"Sure. I haven't had a good clean spar in a long time." Eric pulled his Axe and shield up. "It'll be nice to have a fight where someone isn't actively trying to kill me." Eric began to circle Wynne, keeping his shield toward her. "At your ready."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 21, 2018, 05:47:09 pm »

"Same thing I was thinkin'." Wynne says with a grin, raising her own shield and spear. She circled for a while as well. Of course, both being defense oriented fighters, this could go for a while - but she decided that she may as well try to take initiative. She suddenly lunged, shield first and spear behind, aiming to get a jab at the legs (held back at the last moment to avoid piercing the armor, of course).
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 21, 2018, 05:48:47 pm »

"Yes! Though we would call ourselves mages, not magicians. Magicians are more people who use magic for shows. We study magic and use it for a multitude of things including combat. So are all magic users in your country priests? What sort of things do priests do?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 21, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »

Already moving, Eric was able to shift into a small jump to the side, bypassing Wynne's initial strike entirely. Unfortunately, the resulting position didn't lend itself to a counterattack, or at least not a good one. But if Eric was going to win, and he intended to, he needed to start wearing Wynne down. He flipped the axe around in his hand so that the blade would face him instead, and swung heavily just above her shield.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 21, 2018, 06:28:44 pm »

Wynne, in response, takes a step back from the incoming strike, shield raised to block it as her spear goes out for a shot at that side. She had the greater range, so she could use that...
Sigtext!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:29 pm »

"Yes. All those with magic must become priests, though there are many castes of them. They wear a mask resembling the god they worship above all, and it is forbidden to remove it in front of other castes. They represent gods, not themselves."
"A priest must honour the gods, conduct rituals, tend the sick, prepare or raise the dead, advise others in war, business and faith, and smite the foes of Textitlan in the flower wars."
"No one caste does all that, of course. Such things depend on the serpent they worship."
"Are your priests different? I know they..." Quetzie made an uneasy face. "They remove their masks. It is not decent."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 21, 2018, 07:02:17 pm »

Eric had fully expected Wynne to draw back and raise her shield. He had not expected her to immediately attack again. It was a shallow strike due to her posture, and the nature of the spar. Regardless, the head of Wynne's spear struck against Eric's side.

Eric drew back and lowered his arms. "...Damn. I think it's fair to say you got me. Good work. I see why those thugs weren't able to best you back when we met."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 21, 2018, 07:16:40 pm »

Wynne stepped back, grinning as she lowered her own weaponry.

"Pretty good bout! Got a good shield arm, makes sense yer protectin' the others so much." she gave a thumbs up in response to the compliment. "As if a couple thugs could beat me! You though, yer a good fighter. I figure if we were in a real fight ya wouldn't need a bunch of friends ta off me. Definitely wouldn't give ya an easy time of it though."
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 21, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »

"Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Even if I was confident that I could beat you, I'd rather not have to try. One on one isn't really my forte. My father always told me I was overly cautious while fighting. I need to focus on making decisive strikes to bring down an opponent, without letting my defense suffer."
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 151