Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101099 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1860 on: January 21, 2018, 08:05:09 pm »

"Well... I think we use the term differently. Sort of? We have religious orders that seem close to what you call priests. Some of them are fighters, guards for the temples, that sort of thing. Some are healers, like Caius or Gilbert. Others are just... members of the religious order. So they might be normal people but they serve the Gods and so they are considered priests. But... I don't think any of them wear maks. Not many people wear masks here... Just Drest from the people I've seen."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:19 pm »

"Probably won't come ta that, no, considerin' we're workin' for the same lady. Glad for it, too."

"Well, there's somethin' ta be said for caution. Yer less likely ta die if yer cautious. But that's good advice! Yer dad sounds like a smart one."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 21, 2018, 08:35:21 pm »

Eric nodded. "Yeah, he was incredible. I've never met anyone who could have stood as his equal. I hope to stand proud next to his legacy someday."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 21, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »

Wynne opened her mouth to respond, then registered the 'was', in earlier statements.

"'Was'?" she hesitated. "...Sorry for yer loss. Certainly sounds like a great man - I can't say I've heard anyone praise someone like ya are him."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 21, 2018, 09:18:55 pm »

Eric nodded. "He was the only constant in my life for a long time. In all that time,
he was always working to give me a better life, and to make me a better man. I like to think he did a good job."

"...Sorry. I guess you're not really interested in hearing me praise my father."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 21, 2018, 09:39:57 pm »

"Nah, it's fine. Mostly wanted ta keep my mind off things, and that's as good a way as any." Wynne said. "Got any other family back home?"
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 21, 2018, 10:53:27 pm »

"No one who I'd consider family, no." Eric chose to lean against a nearby wall. "My birth mother died while I was a child, and my father never had any other children."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 22, 2018, 09:26:20 am »

Naive she might be, but Wynne wasn't stupid - she could tell when there was a sensitive topic. Wynne, for her part, stayed standing, although leaning on her spear.

"Well, things could've been worse, definitely. I know the feelin'. Ma was the only one around for me growin' up, but she did the best she could. I figure yer dad was doin' the same."
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 22, 2018, 11:37:55 am »

Eric nodded. "For what it's worth, I think your mother did a good job too. Do you mind if I ask what she was like?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 22, 2018, 12:17:27 pm »

Well, Wynne had been intending to take her mind off her family, but it was about her mom so it was probably fine.

"Well, she didn't teach me how ta fight or nothin' like yer dad, but she's pretty much the reason I'm the way I am. Nicest lady ya ever met, I tell ya. Worked hard, always nice ta people and put others before herself. She deserved a lot more." Wynne paused, frowning.

"But she made one mistake, and all the sudden all the doors are snapped shut."

"Woulda been easier on her ta just leave me somewhere and go, ta be honest. She didn't though. Stayed with me, made sure I grew up as right as she could do. Tried my whole life ta make it worth it for her, 'till she died a while ago. Not sure it worked, but I figure I can't stop with that until I go ta meet her and can ask in person."
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 22, 2018, 01:03:45 pm »

"She sounds like a good person." Eric fell silent then. It wasn't easy to follow up that kind of topic, at least without treading forbidden waters.

"...So, when all this is over,
do you have any specific plans for your wages? Maybe sticking around to assist the new regime?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 22, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »

Wynne shrugged.

"Heck if I know. I'll see what opportunities come up, I guess. All I know is the money'll mean I don't gotta worry about the necessities for a while. You got thoughts on what ta do with it?"
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:24 pm »

"Enjoy my wealth, probably. The guy in the bandages was considering starting a mercenary guild. I might look into that, depending on what the situation is like after the coup. Might look into some personal business. It's all up in the air right now."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 22, 2018, 02:53:54 pm »

So there could be a priest around not wearing a mask  whenever she was in company and she wouldn't know. Eurgh. It wasn't right.
Barbarians.
"I... I see."
"What do you do, then, if you are a magician- a mage and not a priest? ."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 23, 2018, 09:23:52 pm »

"I still study magic mostly. Since I'm still an apprentice. But my master does lots of things. She can create spells for people, she can even make the tomes that we use. She also uses a method I came up with to trap spells into gems so that you can use them even if you don't have a lot of magic ability. ... Though she hasn't sold that one yet. It's too dangerous. But a lot of stuff that she comes up with she can sell. So I guess she's an inventor? She finds new ways of using magic to help day to day, military, that sort of thing. And then sells those methods to people who need them."
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 151