Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101060 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:51 pm »

"It's Caius Lochlan."

"And don't call me that. I'm not grumpy, I'm right."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:36:55 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »

"Ava. My player being busy doesn't mean I'm quiet. Good to meet ya, I guess, since my face is uh, not mushed all over the grass in the woods."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:04 am »

"Dale... Ok. Ava. And Caius... Caius... Cai! Ok Cai. And I think you can be both grumpy and right. I mean, being right doesn't stop you from being other things. Except wrong I guess. At least I can't think of anything you could be both right and wrong about..."

She idly twisted one of her bracelets as she talked, a clunky and intricately carved item matched by a paired bracelet on her other hand and a small brooch clasped to her shirt. Each of them had a different colored gem in them. The one attached to her shirt had a dull yellow stone while the one on her left arm had a dull red one. As she fiddled with the last one, the green stone on it glowed faintly with a slow pulsing light.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:21 pm »

"If you don't mind my asking, what's the deal with those gemstones?"

Dale pointed specifically at the yellow one, but meant all three.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2017, 04:41:26 pm »

Ava cut in before she could reply. "Um, I bet they're something with Anima. Yeah, they're Fire, Thunder, and the brooch is Wind. I dunno what they're actually for though, I never read about bracers and stuff." She pursed her lips for a moment. "Are you a Wind mage?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:38 pm »

Sea hesitated, glancing down at the jewels and twisting it around a bit nite before stammering out,

"Well, uhm, yes, it's a magic thing... I don't know how much I'm supposed to talk about them but I uh... I guess they're sort of like my own personal tomes? Err, I don't use tomes exactly. Not in a traditional sense? I just... transfer the magic to these gems. It's easier to wear some jewellery than it is to carry a tome around. Master Sybil considered selling the knowledge of how to do it, but she doesn't think it's the best idea to have anyone able to have it? Oh but each one is a type of magic. Right now I'm all out of thunder and fire spells though."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »

Dale looked at Seaiga for a long moment, his face unreadable, before going to his usual easy grin.

"That sounds useful. It would be nice if I could carry my weapons around that easily."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »

Ava leans in interestedly. "Really? That's actually super cool. I've never heard of that before. . . Do you know if it works on other kinds of magic?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:03 pm »

"It's useful, yes. Plus people are less likely to view me as a threat, which Sybil says is a good thing... Oh, uhm... I suppose it could? I've never really tried... I know some very basic light and dark magic but they don't talk to me in quite the same way anima magic does. I guess it's sort of similar to the way healing staffs work though not quite. Healing staffs more just enhance and direct a natural power, they don't really store it. At least that's what Sybil said. She was very excited when she learned what I can do, but it's really just... You just need to ask the magic if it minds being stored somewhere else. Anima magic at least is usually willing. I could technically do this with a pebble even but the gems and runes help keep the magic contained longer. It is the power of nature after all and nature does not like to be contained."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2017, 06:05:05 pm »

Eric turned slowly to look back at Sea. "Hold on. You... Ask? The magic? As in you communicate with it?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »

She looked at him slightly confused.

"Uhm... I, well sort of? It's not like I'm talking out loud or anything. But it's not like I just make a gesture and magic appears either. I talk to it. And it doesn't exactly respond but you can sort of get a sense for how it's reacting to your words and what you want it to do. Or at least that's how it works for me... I mean, I know Master Sybil didn't really understand what I was saying at first but I showed her and then she did, so I... yes?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »

"Well, I'm still lost. I guess it doesn't matter though. I have no interest in switching disciplines, so it doesn't matter if I don't get it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »

"Bows are less complicated. You just ready an arrow and point it at whatever you want dead. Thwipp-arrrgh!"

Dale gunfingered again, as if aiming a hand-crossbow, and mimed shooting one of the knick-knacks off of Sybil's desk.

"Simplest thing in the world. Know what I mean?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2017, 08:36:08 pm »

Ava rolls her eyes at Dale, but quickly returns her attention to Sea and the topic of conversation. "I remember reading that one idea on how magic works is that it's actually nature spirits that the mage can control. So talking to them would make total sense. Ugh, I wish I'd kept that tome, but I needed the cash. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 151