Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101062 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2017, 08:44:19 pm »

"I guess? I don't know. Master Sybil is always trying to get me to read more books about magic, but it just... I don't know. It's much easier my way. It's not like magic is super complicated, it just sorta works. It's been that way for me since I first discovered I could do magic."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »

"It just sorta wor- But I studied that tome for WEEKS. . ."
"Whatever. Just, your way doesn't really work for everyone. Or maybe it's a different kind of magic, I dunno. . .
The girl trails off, looking rather miffed.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2017, 08:59:46 pm »

"Oh... oh. Ok..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:56 pm »

Dale laughed quietly to himself when Ava rolled her eyes at him. Good to see at least one of his allies had a sense of humor. There was something to be said for being solid, dependable, and respectable, like Eric and Caius were clearly aiming for, but as far as he was concerned that was for the old or the rich. Well, a certain kind of rich - aristocratic. If he had the kind of money this miss Hallewell evidently did, he didn't think he'd change all that much. A nicer shirt perhaps.

"Anyway, I remember our employer saying we're meeting up with the transport, and that the little miss here is her apprentice - not the transport. So, how about it Seaiga? Know who we're meeting up with?"

He didn't have anything against the apprentice, but he got the feeling that while he projected the appearance of an airhead, she actually was one, and if Sybil had told her who the transport was it had probably went in one ear and right out the other without even pausing to enjoy the view.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2017, 09:31:11 pm »

"Is this a skill anyone could perform with practice, or is it unique?"
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »

"She did. Uhm... His name was... Zeff? No, not quite... Oh yeah, Zephyr! He'll be in town though. I know where to meet him."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »

"So long as that's settled I'm happy."

Dale lifted his knee so he could reach his skinning knife, took it out of the top of his boot, and started to clean his nails with it.

"Well, why don't we have a little chat while we wait? For example, how long have you been an apprentice? And what kind of woman is Sybil?"

More to the point but unasked, how likely was it she would ask something questionable of the hires, such as assassination. He figured he could puzzle it out from Seaiga's answer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2017, 10:10:38 pm »

"I've been studying with her for... almost four years now? She took me under her wing when I was thirteen and my parents had no idea what to do with me. I discovered my powers in a somewhat... unorthodox fashion I guess? I accidentally destroyed a woman's purse with a wind spell. And then I discovered I could do the stuff with my bracelets and Master Sybil apparently was impressed. Uhm... She's fair. She wants me to study more than I do but that's just her trying to make me a better mage I guess. And she's really smart! She does a lot of magic research and sells it when it's complete. Like those constructs outside! She was the first one to really figure out how to make them well I think. But she can sometimes get mad... But usually only when I don't do what she needed me to do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2017, 10:19:40 pm »

"Putting magic into bracelets, making mud attack people..."

Dale pointed the knife at Seaiga for a second, to illustrate his next point.

"Sounds like your mistress is some sort of enchantress. She ain't gonna magic a bunch of scrap and pass it off as gold on us is she, like those fairy stories? Know the ones I mean?"

He went back to cleaning his nails.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2017, 10:22:47 pm »

"Well she can't store magic as well as I can but no, she wouldn't do that. She needs to be trustworthy. It's part of her whole business. If news got out that she was cheating people... She wouldn't do it."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:44 pm »

"Even if she could change how it looks, a gold coin can still be differentiated from imitation. The weight, the texture, the coolness on your fingers. Hell, you could bite it if you were really suspicious."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:14 pm »

"Can't blame a man for worrying. Five to ten grand is a hell of a lot on offer, know what I mean?"

Dale finished with his knife and put it back in his boot.

"I'm just wanting to make sure there actually is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow and not disappointment."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2017, 10:41:19 pm »

Ava makes a sort of choked noise. "Accidentally-!" She shakes her head. Not worth it, it's not like the girl had become some sort of prodigy just to upset her. Probably. The thought still didn't help.
"Actually, I think enchanting like that is, um, something with light magic? I don't remember, actually. . . I'm pretty sure the mud things are ancient magic, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2017, 10:47:07 pm »

Caius quietly sighs. It was annoying, a little rude perhaps, but nothing to get worked up over.

"...Is miss Hallewell familiar with healing at all?"
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2017, 10:52:01 pm »

"I'm not sure what you mean? I'm mean, of course she knows what it is. If you're asking can she use it? Yes, I think she can at least..."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 151