Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8958 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

@Greatness: Regarding "Vampiric Defense", do stakes not result in fatal damage? Historically they've been the go-to tool to kill vampires. And does sunlight in general damage him? For his inventory I would go with a Boombox, as an Ipod would be anachronistic. You can bump "The Radio Host" advantage to a +2 because of its specificity.

Hmm, yeah. I may have been thinking of something where stakes only stunned them. I'll change that, for sure. Sunlight does damage him, but perhaps as an over time thing. Like, spending "X" number of turns in direct sunlight will kill him. Gonna alter that. Gonna change the Boombox and Radio Host, too.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ATHATH: I'm interpreting the last part of summon to mean that the power/number of summons you conjure up has an inverse relationship with how likely you are to control them?
Yeah. It generally shouldn't start kicking in until I start summoning stuff that you think might be too powerful.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ATHATH: I'm interpreting the last part of summon to mean that the power/number of summons you conjure up has an inverse relationship with how likely you are to control them?
Yeah. It generally shouldn't start kicking in until I start summoning stuff that you think might be too powerful.

Alright, you are accept.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edited my stuff, now. Any other additions and changes needed, or am I good?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still considering Vampiric Defense. Because it ensures he survives when combat ends by essentially becoming a non target, in some cases it would be advantageous for him to get killed, which is obviously counter productive to the game. Say for example, if he is in a really tough battle, it would actually increase his odds of surviving if he were  convetnionally killed, giving him 5-6 turns of invincibility. Ex., "Oh shit, the boss is good with fire magic. I'm going to run at the enemy with the machine gun and get killed so that my teammates can handle the fight for me while I chill."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, would it better, then, if he could be finished off while stunned? Because, yeah, that's what I meant. He would pass out, and then, if his teammates didn't pull him away, he could get staked or decapped. I get what you mean, though, and I do want to see what your final decision on it is.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that clarification that he is stunned rather than invincible means you've been accepted.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Here goes nothing.
Spoiler: Fireworks man (click to show/hide)
Any issues?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:08:16 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

reserv'd
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ironsnake: Nerd muscles? Anyways, I'm assuming that "Homing Crystal Soulmass" grants you only 1 guaranteed counter-attack a turn, (so that if an attacker rolls badly you don't get two counter-attacks), and that you can only have one Soulmass going at a time. Does "Int Scaling's" bonus of 25% apply to the rolls or just the raw abstract damage, i.e., a normal slash turns into a moderately-more-powerful-than-normal slash? The Cooldown for "Moonlight Beam" can be bumped down to 2 Turns.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ironsnake: Nerd muscles? Anyways, I'm assuming that "Homing Crystal Soulmass" grants you only 1 guaranteed counter-attack a turn, (so that if an attacker rolls badly you don't get two counter-attacks), and that you can only have one Soulmass going at a time. Does "Int Scaling's" bonus of 25% apply to the rolls or just the raw abstract damage, i.e., a normal slash turns into a moderately-more-powerful-than-normal slash? The Cooldown for "Moonlight Beam" can be bumped down to 2 Turns.
Oh, right, we're going by chunky salsa rule. For some reason that example with damage numbers threw me off. I'll try to clarify the effects, but your suggested changes are all fine.
Also, to be honest, it's not Nerd muscles so much as it is "my everything scales with int." It's sort of like a muscle wizard, except that the muscles are also magic.

Edit: actually, would it be overpowered if HCS had a guaranteed bonus counter, as opposed to it guaranteeing exactly one counter? Because the former is actually kind of how it works in game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:21:20 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was referring to your teenage character with Nerd Muscles, since you describe him as somewhere between muscular and fat. Your Avatar's can be entirely different entities than your teenagers, it's not like wimpy nerds role-playing as super buff warriors is anything new even in the 80's.

I could give some leeway to HCS in getting an additional counter attack, as long as it starts out at say, 50% as powerful as a normal attack. That way it starts out as a relatively simple Ability and you can decide to develop it with Points later if you want.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was referring to your teenage character with Nerd Muscles, since you describe him as somewhere between muscular and fat. Your Avatar's can be entirely different entities than your teenagers, it's not like wimpy nerds role-playing as super buff warriors is anything new even in the 80's.
Oh. Heh, yeah, he's got some amount of nerd muscles. Even with rather focused cliques, some people just end up coincidentally building muscle despite not being known for physical activity.

Alright, I'll update my sheet with the last bit of HCS now.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, possibilities possibilities... Hey, are we allowed to have our teenagers be an expy of another character so long as they don't have any special powers of their own?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ironsake: U've been aceptped

@MidnightJaguar: It was just pointed out to me that you've actually distributed 5 Ability Points instead of 4. 1 Level 2 Ability takes a total of 3 points, add that to both of your Level 1 Abilities and that's five.

Hmmm, possibilities possibilities... Hey, are we allowed to have our teenagers be an expy of another character so long as they don't have any special powers of their own?

Definitely, they can retain all of their personality and physical traits as long as they remain a normal teenager.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9