Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137527 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

GET THE DAMN SWORD. SWEET REVENGE HAHAHA

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Try to grab the saber, but if someone else goes for it, I'll let them have it.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
Coinflip grabs the sabre.

Nameless converses with the Giant Snowy White Moth of Infinite Wisdom:
I am an. explorer. Is this, your home?
Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

People don't think Legs the Mover be like he is, but he do.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
The moth seems to consider your message, maybe trying to understand the meaning of the word or unpack a usable sentence. After a moment it answers. "For the moment."

Verne attempts to observe and remember his time as a disembodied soul.

Hey, there isn't free knowledge floating about in the Deep, is there?

Spoiler: ?Verne? (click to show/hide)

Well, currently you see what RC  is seeing. Which is very much new to you, drifting in this void of glowing dots with humans souls glowing like torchlights around you. So you'll probably get a bit of knowledge out of this.

Put Verne back into his body. Then sneak out of the bore and check if no monsters are afoot. If not, try to locate and capture Siffy's soul.

Since it'll probably come up: can Sif's body be repaired into decent-enough condition, or will we have to find a replacement head?
If it's the latter, would a lvl.2 deep sea ball (deep 2/smooth 4/Organic 4) suffice?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[26/70]
[34/95]
You do what you need to do, repairing the body enough to make it usable before spiking the soul straight down into it and forcibly binding it in place. Its a rush job, but it works.

His Body stat is now 44.

Siffy's soul has been spiked out a good distance from the bore and that silvery gash in space that you saw earlier is moving towards it like a disembodied shark fin swimming through thin air.

As per this repairing of a cropse....you're gonna have to replace that head and eyes somehow, assuming you want him to not be blind. What you use for the house is immaterial so long as it can be attached.

Uh oh, that's not good. Allright, back up a bit to make more space between me and angry starfish man. Then use that shell gun I picked up to fire at it again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What a clever pastry you are.
You back up a 100 feet and take a shot with the new gun thing.
96/80
Well, you miss but you learn something: The gun is not really a gun. When you "fire" it a thin tendril ending in a foot long bone spike shoots out of the hole in the shell, flies maybe 50 feet, and then recoils just as quickly. Its almost like a weaponized Chameleon tongue. Huh.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Question: The rules say that if you take more than twice your body stat in damage, your body is destroyed and unrecoverable.  Sifeebt took 50 damage, with a body of 19.  Does that mean that if his body is repaired with a build roll and extra materials, it'll have a Body equal to the degree of success, like when a new body is constructed?

Secondly, can he do anything, due to having 65 transcend?  Will doing things accelerate his demise?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #842 on: April 14, 2017, 07:16:34 pm »

sord

I haven't been paying attention to that thread, but apparently Nameless got out of the bore and into some space where it can talk to a giant moth? Brownian motion brings Coinflip to the same place, if that's physically possible.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:51:25 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Go into the Sanctuary and paint the names of Maurice and Tony on the wall

Then go grab some insulation.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:33:30 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 15, 2017, 03:04:49 am »

Not much room. To fly. in here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

You do what you need to do, repairing the body enough to make it usable before spiking the soul straight down into it and forcibly binding it in place. Its a rush job, but it works.
Just before ramming the soul back into its fleshy prison, Joshua brings up a booming voice and bellows:
"I commandeth thee, wayward soul of poison, returneth to this corpse! May thee treateth it bett'r in undeath than thee didst in life."

Then, once Verne is in the body and has reawakened he returns to a softer voice before speaking to him from beyond the veil:
"Now that you are whole again, you in turn must help me with something. Find me the materials I need to reinforce the diving suits, or the raw matter I can shape into the required components. Some [protective 3] and [insulating 3] should suffice. After that, perhaps it would be in your interest to find me the things we'll need to build a still, so we can create some preservative to slow down your decay."

Then, while floating to the outside of the bore to check where that soul just rocketed out to, he whispers to Rede:
"If you wish to get your claw gloves, get me some [structural 3] and [sticky 3]'s. WOooOO!"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:36:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

((uuuuuuugh. Pseudo -archaic language is always such a treat to read.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

okay, making some progress I guess. If starfish dude is within 50 feet of me, run and make some more space between the two of us. Then aim and wait until he's just within range and shoot the shell gun again.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:20:09 am by Pancaek »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

"I've already got the stuff you need to make the still and the gauntlets, so as long as you can build the tank (Container) and nails (Sticky). I'll help find insulation, but you just need to fashion the tank and the nails on the spot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:30:42 pm by The Lupanian »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 15, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

"An interesting experience. I suppose this is the more convenient route to transcending my feeble humanity."

Find some [protective 3] and [insulating 3] on the Bore. Or at least figure out how to create some. The silver box of radioactive stuff, perhaps? The box itself must have high insulating...

Also, could a bit of radioactive substance in me prevent decay? The whole, "microorganisms don't like hard radiation" thing? What about a lot? If not, work out the bare minimum materials required to prevent my body falling apart. Am I missing any bits?

Basically comply with Joshua still.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Take three of those deep sea balls I took from the monster from before (pull into deep sea as necessary). Try to throw one past the thing as a sort of 'bait'/distraction. Idea is that it recognizes the remains as food and goes after it.

If this works and it's distracted: sneakily grab Sif's soul and bug out again back to the bore, using the rest of the balls as bait/further distraction as necessary.

If not, no other choice but to attack it I guess*. Try to get in an unopposed attack while it's focused on Sifeebt.

((*Technically, leaving him to the sharks is also an option. :v ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drop off the scorpion arm weapon.  Examine the mealworm to try and figure out what's up with it.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Question: The rules say that if you take more than twice your body stat in damage, your body is destroyed and unrecoverable.  Sifeebt took 50 damage, with a body of 19.  Does that mean that if his body is repaired with a build roll and extra materials, it'll have a Body equal to the degree of success, like when a new body is constructed?

Secondly, can he do anything, due to having 65 transcend?  Will doing things accelerate his demise?
Thats a good point. Guess we're gonna need to find you a new body since that gunshot effectively gibbed you.

Well I've been rolling every turn to see if you lose mind already. Luckily you've not lost any so far. You could try to do something with that transcend, but it will attract attention, as it always does.

sord

I haven't been paying attention to that thread, but apparently Nameless got out of the bore and into some space where it can talk to a giant moth? Brownian motion brings Coinflip to the same place, if that's physically possible.

Sure, but only if you give up that sword you got so we can retcon you into getting on the crawler back when he left.

Go into the Sanctuary and paint the names of Maurice and Tony on the wall

Then go grab some insulation.

Done and done.

[12/20] You grab yourself some insulation.

Not much room. To fly. in here.

"Stone is of no impediment to me." The moth says, and as though to demonstrate, flutters its wings a bit. The stone around it seems to melt into steam, which roars past with great force and heat. [45/60] You grit your teeth as the steam stings your flesh but does not burn it.

"What is your purpose here?"

okay, making some progress I guess. If starfish dude is within 50 feet of me, run and make some more space between the two of us. Then aim and wait until he's just within range and shoot the shell gun again.

[18/80]
You hit the creature straight in the center of mass and pierce straight through it. The spike recoils back into the shell and instant later and the starfish creature continues to advance. It seems remarkably sturdy.

"An interesting experience. I suppose this is the more convenient route to transcending my feeble humanity."

Find some [protective 3] and [insulating 3] on the Bore. Or at least figure out how to create some. The silver box of radioactive stuff, perhaps? The box itself must have high insulating...

Also, could a bit of radioactive substance in me prevent decay? The whole, "microorganisms don't like hard radiation" thing? What about a lot? If not, work out the bare minimum materials required to prevent my body falling apart. Am I missing any bits?

Basically comply with Joshua still.

The box fits both tags actually, but removing it might be difficult. At least if you want to not spread radioactive poison through the bore.

If you were radioactive ENOUGH it could, but that would be very bad for everyone around you. Unless you wanna be in a lead suit all the time.

Drop off the scorpion arm weapon.  Examine the mealworm to try and figure out what's up with it.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
63/40
No idea.

Take three of those deep sea balls I took from the monster from before (pull into deep sea as necessary). Try to throw one past the thing as a sort of 'bait'/distraction. Idea is that it recognizes the remains as food and goes after it.

If this works and it's distracted: sneakily grab Sif's soul and bug out again back to the bore, using the rest of the balls as bait/further distraction as necessary.

If not, no other choice but to attack it I guess*. Try to get in an unopposed attack while it's focused on Sifeebt.

((*Technically, leaving him to the sharks is also an option. :v ))

You float out and toss one of the balls past the sea monster.

The good news is that it stops concentrating on Sy. The bad news is that it starts concentrating on you. And moving toward you quite quickly.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Try to find the protective we need to reinforce those diving suits.

Just to clarify, did I get just insulation, or did I get the insulation we need to reinforce the suits?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

If you were radioactive ENOUGH it could, but that would be very bad for everyone around you

"But I don't want people around me."

Empty the box of toxic radioactive powder. More specifically, empty it into myself. Free disinfection and radioactivity!

Then clean out any not needed for embalming and toss it to Joshua, who probably needs the tags to make a box of air rather than water for respiration or some dumb meatbag things like that.

Also, any free knowledge for being spirithandled around the Deep?

"I tried the poison again."

Verne then begins to muse contentedly on the possibilities of transhumanism.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:04:00 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70