Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137490 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #825 on: April 07, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »

"Ay, I'm on it mate, material gathering is underway. But I was wondering if you could build my gauntlets before we head down, it's starting to sound dangarious down there."
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2017, 08:06:25 am »

"Ay, I'm on it mate, material gathering is underway. But I was wondering if you could build my gauntlets before we head down, it's starting to sound dangarious down there."
"I'll get on that as soon as I can manage, ok? Right after those diving suits are done, shouldn't take too long if you've got the materials ready."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #827 on: April 10, 2017, 07:44:52 pm »

Go see if there are any cool books on fighting techniques in the library.

Stand by and watch the fight, so I can run in and loot when one of them dies.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

((It seems syv wants to fight it out.))

Shoot that meatbag, keep it out of reach.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
I think Bargthor's attack, and therefore Sifeebt's retaliation, still stands?  His attack seemed more motivated by RP than mealworm stuff.

Edit: Apparently, some think that's ambiguous, so a clarification: If attacked, Sifeebt is gonna react just as I said he would.  Violently, and according to the PM I sent before.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
Fine. Two kids gonna die tonight. Lets roll Brag's attack.
[01/50 vs Who cares/00][20 X3] Welp. Brag just fucking busts a cap straight into sy's face and drops him like a bad habit.

"Could somebody, maybe Joshua, beef up the diving suits so we can get to the lower water areas?"

Determine what materials would be needed to beef up the diving suits and aquire those materials. Then man the Comms Phoneboothe in case the two in the crawler call in.
Some protective 3 and insulating 3 would make it able to survive at any depths...with in reason.

Nameless will get out of the crawler and approach the giant snowy white moth in a friendly manner. He will attempt to pet the moth if he can reach a pettable part of it's body. is it bigger than the crawler?

Legs will look around to see if there is anything interesting near the moth, like crystalline deposits or dungeons and dragons figurines.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
I'll just do you both at once. Heyo

Around the moth is nothing of particular interest, at least that you can see. Perhaps deeper back in the cave?

You get out and walk towards the moth. You get within maybe 60 feet before it begins speaking to you. Or communicating, somehow. Its not speaking into your head but it isn't speaking either. Its almost like the cave walls themselves are reverberating the words.

"Creature of metal chrysalis, you are not of this patch of stone and water. You shimmer before me, flickering to and fro with fragile ephermeral grace. You are unlike those who dwell below; creatures slow of pace and hard of thought. I speak now in tongues uncovered in your mind. What purpose have you here?"

"The fourth option. After that, I should be able to make any repairs needed myself if necessary."
"Ok then. Once this body is repaired I will dive down to lvl. 3. Then, if you aren't dead by then already, on my mark you'll have to commit suicide. That way we can time the release of your spirit, and I can immediately capture it and put it in the new fleshy hull. Do you think you have it in you to kill yourself? If not, go find somebody who could do it for you. There'll be lots of volunteers, I'm sure.

Grab me some metal bars or something to replace the missing bones with, for starters. And give me back his nervous system"

You got away. But muffin, he might have a hard time in the future...
Is there a reason I didn't actually spot the starfish thing when exploring the room? Or did it only materialize just now?

Dive down to lvl. 3. If no deep sea baddies come to crash the party, then try to kill Verne in a way that's quick and painless while minimizing damage to his body. A good pull on the nerve where the spinal cord enters the skull should render him unconscious immediately, and lead to death quickly. Or something else, you can decide, you like this stuff.

Either way, capture his spirit as it exits his body, then try to put it back into the body.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Your interaction drew them, but since you could not be found, the took a corpse to look for the cause of the disturbance.

73/95
Normally he'd get resistance rolls against you, but since this is consensual, you simply stop his heart and drop him into unconciousness in a few seconds and death shortly after.
78/95
You don't so much as catch his soul as you wait with your hands cupped around it for it to leave his body. The moment the connection is severed, its already in your hands. Good thing too, it was flung out with some force. Being this close to the bore's core must have a strong repulsive effect on wayward souls as well.  Almost to clarify this point, you catch a glimpse of a soul up on the decks above you get catapulted out of the bore and into the cave beyond.

"aw crap."

Radio: "What are first contact protocols again? Because I'm being rushed by an angry starfish with bladed gauntlets."
"In these situations I believe the field manual contains the words 'with extreme prejudice' somewhere."
"Roger that"

Start shooting the starfish dude with my rifle. If he starts getting close, run in the opposite direction to get some distance between the two of us and shoot again. Skirmish the bastard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You fire your rifle at the relatively slowly advancing body and something rather unpleasant happens. Your rifle shoots and the  bullet makes it about 3 feet from the barrel before shattering into fragments and drifting to the ground.

"oh, right. Water is denser than air."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Try to grab the saber, but if someone else goes for it, I'll let them have it.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 10, 2017, 08:28:20 pm »

GET THE DAMN SWORD. SWEET REVENGE HAHAHA

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pick up the corpse, remove its helmet, and look at the wound.  Note that's the wrong place to shoot to not kill meatbags.  Paint a mustache and a monocle on its face.  Then go play with the mealworm.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:15:05 am by Devastator »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Upon hearing the shot, Doug stopped thinking about ambush tactics and immediately charged over to the scene.  Upon seeing the corpse, he had only one thing to say.  "What the fuck is going on in here?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This meatbag has been talking about nothing but how it can't do anything until it gets a new body.  And then it started talking with its sword, so I thought I'd help it along."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:55:17 pm by Devastator »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Doug was silent for a long moment.  "This is about all this deep sea shit, isn't it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"All I know is that if you meatbags want to stay alive, don't wave swords around while talking about how much you want to get put in a new body."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Doug shrugged.  "Fine.  But nothing good happens when the same team fights.  Saw enough shit in the army, thanks."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 11, 2017, 03:20:27 am »

Nameless converses with the Giant Snowy White Moth of Infinite Wisdom:
I am an. explorer. Is this, your home?
Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

People don't think Legs the Mover be like he is, but he do.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Verne attempts to observe and remember his time as a disembodied soul.

Hey, there isn't free knowledge floating about in the Deep, is there?

Spoiler: ?Verne? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:05:59 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Put Verne back into his body. Then sneak out of the bore and check if no monsters are afoot. If not, try to locate and capture Siffy's soul.

Since it'll probably come up: can Sif's body be repaired into decent-enough condition, or will we have to find a replacement head?
If it's the latter, would a lvl.2 deep sea ball (deep 2/smooth 4/Organic 4) suffice?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:45:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Uh oh, that's not good. Allright, back up a bit to make more space between me and angry starfish man. Then use that shell gun I picked up to fire at it again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70