Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137675 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #705 on: March 22, 2017, 07:52:52 pm »

"We might need some help over here!"

Continue helping Rede not die.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 22, 2017, 08:05:44 pm »

"Yeah man, whatever ya need. If I find anything cool I'll bring it your way."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #707 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:43 pm »

"Glub."

Dream of an environment identical to a VR machine.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 23, 2017, 04:06:43 pm »

"I'll hop over and help pull him out, keep him steady! Just gotta suit up first.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 23, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »

Go pull Rede out of the worms. Then return to the Bore

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Hangin'

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »

Doug wandered back over to Engi and picked up the armor.  "Looks good.  Thanks buddy!  Let me know if you need anything, cool?"

Suit up.  See how it fits.  Maybe whack self with a wrench to test it out?

Also help Engi

You whack the breastplate with a wrench. You can feel the impact, but only dully. Good enough.

You set yourself up with Engi and help him with whatever he needs. Not sure what that is. We'll see as these posts continue.

Try to very calmly slip myself out of the grips of the worms.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
[15/40]
You stop yanking and instead slither and slide, wiggling yourself out of the wormy embrace. This combined with the other guy pulling you completely frees you from the worms.

Load the three unopened chests into the bell and ride it upwards.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
You load the chests and then ride the bell up to the hanger. Once up there you carefully unload the chests and make sure they're well secured. Don't want these fucking things bouncing around.

It rolls against a 90.
Leaving this level when it hasn't noticed you will be the same as escaping it, but if you just go back down right after, it will still be there.
You lower the diving bell down for the people below.

Huh, the previous lvl.3 monster rolled against 80. This one's much more powerful. Good to know there's quite a range.

Go put those things I collected (that're now in a corner of the hangar) in a box in my room. Can't leave this place untidy, after all.

Then either help with people trying to ferry things up by working the bell or unloading things from it, or if not applicable go check out how our bore's engineheart brain is doing in the control room. Inspect the damage done when the moleman-spawned monster crashed through.

You know what? Suit up into a diving suit and go down (by bell, or by rope if it still doesn't require a roll) and go help Rede not become wormchow. Pull him out!

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
This thing is technically from level 4. The combination of that bell rod and all the goings on with the other monster and such have started attracting bigger fish.

Gonna assume you put them in there in still incorporeal form, which means only sort of in the vague area of that box. Because they're not constrained by physical limitations.

You get out of the sea and suit up before riding the bell back down, once those pesky chests have been unloaded. Rede is free by the time you reach the wormmass, however.

Verne shouts down from the Bore to the bell.

"If that's the last we see of the civilised structures, are we done here? Or does someone want to try crawling from one end of a worm to the other?"

If possible, Verne then goes down to the worm-mass, collects several Fragments of a Deep-Sea Creature, then goes back up to the Bore.
He wonders whether or not the fragments could be safely ground into powder.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
You go down and gather a few of the remaining balls from around the worm mass and then ride back up before returning the bell to the lowered position. You take a look at the balls. Hmm...They're very smooth. Hard to hold, even, like ice spheres. But if you crush or break them, grinding them into powder should be a safe thing. Assuming you don't inhale it. Probably not good to get lots of tiny shards of hard material in your lungs.

"Yes. Bring me materials. Anything you find. I can figure good uses for them. In fact, let me find them. Keep me safe, I make you things, huh?" Engi says, in a sort of disjointed fashion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is the bell up? Send it down. Is it down? Leave it be. Catalogue the ship's wealth (or dearth) of materials.
ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO OBSERVE THE QUANTUM STOCKPILE?

[YES]  [NO]

Inspect the door for traps and dangers. If nothing found, inspect it again, because I just know this bastard wants to blow up in my goddamn face.

If after two thorough searches nothing bad is found, attempt to open the door somehow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Hidden roll]
You look it over. Hmm...
You look it over AGAIN. HMMM....

The door is quite big and heavy duty, as you'd expect for being made out of solid stone, but you don't see anything about it that screams "HELLO I AM A TRAP". It seems to simply be a very large and very sturdy door. Hmm.  You give it a shove and it opens a bit before you run into resistance. You put all your weight and strength into it and can see just a sliver through the door. Its enough to see that there's debris behind the door holding it shut. Hmm. If you had a few more people pushing, you could probably get this open. Or maybe a machine?

Well, you're a machine, but a machine made for this.

Continue helping Rede not die.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Done and done. Rede un-dead-ed

"Glub."

Dream of an environment identical to a VR machine.

You dream of a completely empty reality with a single vr headset floating in it.

Go pull Rede out of the worms. Then return to the Bore

Legs The Mover: Hangin'

ALREADY DONE YA DINGUS

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:55 pm »

I suppose it's as safe here as anywhere.  Time to open the chests.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:49 pm »

go to where I can overwatch Bargthor in case anything nasty is hiding in a chest

"Thanks for the effort fellas."

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:02 pm »

Put the facebox on my face.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:56 pm »

Idle while the three remaining active people faff about on and under the island, or in the Deep

Legs The Mover: Idle while the three remaining active people faff about on and under the island, or in the Deep

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2017, 04:15:50 am »

This thing is technically from level 4. The combination of that bell rod and all the goings on with the other monster and such have started attracting bigger fish.
((Wow, now that is good to know! Is there a way for one to predict the 'danger level' of the current situation (aside from current level of diving, of course)?))

"Oh, guess my assistance wasn't needed after all. Joshua AWAY!"

Head back up.
Go inspect the damage in the control room the deep sea critter did. Try to repair it if the materials needed for that are readily available.

"Hello Bargbot 2000, what'ya got there? Illicit gains? Stolen bounty? Criminal winnings?!"

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:52:40 am by Radio Controlled »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:22 am »

"Equal-ish division of loot? I've nearly finished my explosive round sniper rifle, which should be good for everyone."

Observe the chest opening, grab anything with [explosive-3+] or [structural 4+]. Just in case, is there anything we haven't explored on the  easily accessible bits of the worm-island? Or is there a cave wall nearby I could inspect for stuff?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2017, 07:33:10 am »

"I'd be willing to share in the bounty I managed to collect, apart from 2 pieces or so I'l need for something specific. But yes, in general dividing the good stuff will be a little bit difficult given we lack convenient shekels to toss around. But I'm sure we'll manage."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2017, 09:15:33 am »

Sifeebt, now freed from his duty to guard the Bore's diver, starts exploring the storage rooms.  Finding Engi (Gentlefish's char, yes?) cataloguing materials, he silently walks up behind the man and lightly pokes him with the sabre.  "Need new body.  Metal."

Sifeebt is asking Engi to build him a robot body out of whatever metal is laying around the storeroom.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2017, 09:42:39 am »

"By the way, how many pieces of the Mole are still usable? I was thinking we could make some sort of claw gauntlet with his old fingers."
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 70