Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137743 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #645 on: March 08, 2017, 11:08:17 am »

Well, if the fist don't work, it's time for the gun.  Shoot the gun at the wall, attempting to break through.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 08, 2017, 01:01:25 pm »

"neat."

Inspect one of the bladed gauntlets up close. Also look around to see if I can go further from here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #647 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »

Collect some more of those balls.

For woody the corpse, try to find out how they lived, what kind of creatures they were, and perhaps how they came to their demise.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You collect 3 balls, because thats all you can hold while floating around as a naked ghost man.

33/95
You get fragmented visions of the life of the corpses. They have art and culture but seem still bestial in some ways. Things like murder, cannibalism, and control via superior physical capacities were common. The strongest killed and ate those that challenged them, and their society, while appreciative of fine craftsmanship and intelligent pursuits, felt no empathy or guilt when slaughtering rival nations. They were a starfish like people, they conveyed themselves in a number of ways; Walking spider like or running in a cartwheel configuration. They swam via a strange undulating action, like a wriggling disk. They, at some point too far in the past for you too see, took these worms to be their workers. They used odd instruments inserted into the ganglia of the worms to control them; the t-shaped metal things. The worms carved these cities for them out of the bedrock of the cavern. These particular individuals died when a cluster or worms either went rogue or was given unclear commands; they wrapped around this chunk of the city and tore it loose, dragging the inhabitants to the surface where they died from rapid decompression. The starfish men are strong, inhumanly so, and able to survive almost any injury, but the simple change in pressure burst their internal bladders and pressure tubes, killing them.

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))
Regular ammo is just a thing of me rolling d6 every time you shoot and on 1, you run out and have to reload. Special ammo is counted, though.

How is the rod attached to the walls? How thick is hte rod? What does the rod appear to be made out of? Is the rod running straight across the middle of the room, or is it offset? how high is the rod?

How are the hollow cones attached to the rod? how big are they? Is the pointy end of the cone facing the rod or facing away from the rod? Are they hollow like party hats and megaphones, with one end open? How are the cones arranged on the rod? All on one side, all hanging down, radially symmetrically, evenly distributed along the length, etc.

Nameless will touch a cone, wiggle one, and shake the rod to test if it is firmly attached to the wall or if it is loose.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Chillin'

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

The rod appears to be inserted into the stone itself. You couldn't remove it without either breaking the stone or the rod.
The rod is about as thick as your waist.
Its made out of metal, but what kind you can't be sure. Its tarnished though, so probably nothing terribly robust.
The rod runs straight across the middle of the room and is about 5 feet from the floor.
The hollow cones are each about a foot and a half long, tapered from an open end down to a point that affixes to a small metal rod that is then affixed to the central Rod. They are hollow like party hats, and indeed resemble them, though with much skinner and longer dimensions. They are arranged around the entire circumference of the rod, brancing off of it on all sides, though they are not completely evenly distributed. It reminds you of the slowly spinning metal cylinder found in music boxes, with tiny metal pins sticking out of it to catch the chimes in the box and play the music. This rod is much the same, with these cylinders coming off at what look like carefully chosen intervals all around the entire rod.

You touch a cone. Even a light touch results in it producing a gentle metallic note. You try to wiggle it, and you feel that it might be able to wiggle, but there's some sort of internal mechanism holding it in pace. The cone that is. You attempt to shake the rod but it is very firmly held in place. It can, however, rotate. And when you rotate it just slightly, you can feel internal mechanisms moving too, gears probably.

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))

Build this man his thing.
Ok, lets see what.

Wait, I'm below water level? Didn't mean to go that far.

Raise the diving bell to the water's surface.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Done.

Eat the food using my trusty knoife. Look for alcohol.
What materials to build a Diving bell? Diving with a capital D.

Coinflip wanders around the bore with "food" in hand, eventually running into Doug! Character interaction!
"Hey mate, don't think I've seen you around. 'Sup?"

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
We already have a diving bell. And when you guys say diving bell do you mean diving bell? Because a diving bell is a metal or wood structure with an open bottom that you lower into the water to produce a pocket of air from which divers can go in and out of.  Or are you thinking an enclosed metal capsule?

You find some booze in the supply room too.

Oops, I seem to have missed a post

Descend to the level below the one I was at before via rope.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
This is the last level you can visit easily; the others below here are blocked off by still moving worm bodies. Or at least the passage down to them is.

This room contains several of what look like logs of dried drift wood and metal objects, including a huge metal spike with a rounded cuplike end opposite to the sharp bit.

"Worm island?  Bad food?  I think I see a solution here!  Worm's not too bad if it's cooked right!"  Doug guffawed.  "Don't ask me to cook, though; I cleaned more toilets and mowed the moss rather than peeled vegetables.  But you're right!  A drink to good times!."

There any booze in the canteen?  In any case, if Engi needs any help making something, help him out.  Maybe by looking for parts because Doug sure can't build.
There's booze around, mostly in the supply room. Lets say you get some. As per building, No one has told me what exactly is being built?

Go into the room upstairs from the starfish corpses. Loot+assess gauntlet/blades.

Consider what sort of knowledge/materials would be needed for machines capable of turning
a) organic into mind-restoring liqour
b) chemical into mind-restoring liqour
c) chemical into explosive

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
The ones that pancaek is currently looking at? The ones several hundred feet underwater and up through a pile of corpses? The ones too deep for anyone other than an engine heart to get to currently? Those? As much as I'd love to have you hurl yourself into the water and fucking die of compression forces, I'm gonna not do that.

Well, an alcohol still would be able to turn organic into liquor, but chemical would be more turned into pills or something.

Hmm. Something that could give something with the "Chemical" tag an "Explosive" tag? Or something to turn things with chemicals into explosives?

Well, if the fist don't work, it's time for the gun.  Shoot the gun at the wall, attempting to break through.

You shoot your pistol at the stone wall and it unsurprisingly pings off.

"neat."

Inspect one of the bladed gauntlets up close. Also look around to see if I can go further from here.

The gauntlet is basically a large metal cup that looks like it could go around the stumpy end of each of these starfish thing's tentacles. It has 8 ax like blades coming off it, each evenly spaced around the circumfrence of the gauntlet. Imagine something like a Mace, but with the flanges sharpened and designed to fit over your hand instead of held on a rod.

You think you could go further up from here; there's nothing blocking the way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 11, 2017, 01:31:35 pm »

Grab a tasteful amount of booze to drink. Help Doug out with whatever he's doing.

You misunderstand me. A Diving bell. For the Sea.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:26:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 11, 2017, 01:52:10 pm »

Deposit balls in a corner of the hangar somewhere where they won't roll away.

Question, could I influence the real world on lvl. 3 by 'speaking' and moving the air like it would be moved by speaking in the real world, creating sound? Aka for normal people it'd be as if a disembodied voice started talking.
If yes, Could I ghostfloat next to a dude in a dive suit and whisper creepily into his ear?

Regardless, try to figure out if, and if yes how, one of us could use a metal T to control one of these worms.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:14:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 11, 2017, 02:23:09 pm »

Edit: Hey PW: What are the required materials for enhancement wire? Do we have said materials on the Bore?

Rotate the rod. Rotate it until either someting interesting happens (beyond metallic notes being played), or it stops, or enough time has passed to count as one turn (five minutes if nothing else happens to shorten the turn).

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:41:07 am by Ozarck »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 11, 2017, 03:38:14 pm »

Search the items, looking for anything interesting/unique; and figure out what materials could be obtained from the things in this room.

Do we still have radio contact with everyone? If not, who's off the grid?

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 11, 2017, 04:26:45 pm »

Nothing but for it then, but to move heavy stuff down past the hole in the floor.  Get up to speed by trying to move one of the two empty chests first.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:13:16 am by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 11, 2017, 06:32:51 pm »

Keep on going up then. Let's see what other goodies this tower holds.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #654 on: March 11, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »

Get to the living island and look around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 12, 2017, 12:29:50 am »

Have one drink (no more; don't be greedy) with new buddy.

Uhh... (Help Engi) build armor?  I see the armor list but don't know which we really are capable of building.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:46:30 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 12, 2017, 12:37:27 am »

((Might want to post your character sheet with that action, Toaster.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:48 am »

((you could maybe build some enhancement wire for Nameless. He's bugged all the rest of the builders for it, to no avail))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #658 on: March 13, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »

Grab a tasteful amount of booze to drink. Help Doug out with whatever he's doing.

You misunderstand me. A Diving bell. For the Sea.

You grab a bottle and help doug.

As per this bell, what does it do, exactly? Bloodborne bell to summon people? Attract sea monsters?

Unless I'm forgetting something on my list of gear called a diving bell....no...there's not.

Deposit balls in a corner of the hangar somewhere where they won't roll away.

Question, could I influence the real world on lvl. 3 by 'speaking' and moving the air like it would be moved by speaking in the real world, creating sound? Aka for normal people it'd be as if a disembodied voice started talking.
If yes, Could I ghostfloat next to a dude in a dive suit and whisper creepily into his ear?

Regardless, try to figure out if, and if yes how, one of us could use a metal T to control one of these worms.

Did you phase back in and out to do that?

Yes, you even sound like a SPOOOOOKY GHOOOOOST!

82/70
You're not sure how to use that thing. You can see them inserting it into the worms in your vision, but its gotta be more complex than just jamming it in where ever.

Edit: Hey PW: What are the required materials for enhancement wire? Do we have said materials on the Bore?

Rotate the rod. Rotate it until either someting interesting happens (beyond metallic notes being played), or it stops, or enough time has passed to count as one turn (five minutes if nothing else happens to shorten the turn).

Weird 4, structural 3, transmitting 4-flexible 4, Organic 5

You rotate the rod and the entire tower vibrates with a strange series of tones. Not music, at least not to your ears, but not random either. A few moments after you stop turning the rod, the tower rocks and shivers and feels like it starts to sink. Outside, the ball of worms suddenly begins moving much more erratically, quickly squirming over each other, and the exposed structures atop the ball begin to sink into it.

Search the items, looking for anything interesting/unique; and figure out what materials could be obtained from the things in this room.

Do we still have radio contact with everyone? If not, who's off the grid?

You're out of contact with Pancaek but thats it.

As per materials here; you don't really see much besides those log things.

You feel the tower shake and then start to sink downward.

Nothing but for it then, but to move heavy stuff down past the hole in the floor.  Get up to speed by trying to move one of the two empty chests first.

Considering the sinking and the fact that your way out is slowly closing over with worms, you instead just take the not open chests and shove them down to the ground floor. They land with a thud that rattles your metal bones, but they don't break.

Keep on going up then. Let's see what other goodies this tower holds.

You swim up one level. This level is filled with strange grayish white spheres that definitely look organic in nature. They're stuck to the walls via some sort of clear goo.

You fell the tower begin to sink.

Get to the living island and look around.

From your position on the island, you can see the towers that your comrades are in start to sink straight down into the wormy ball and, probably back out the bottom of it.

An armored robe or soldier suit are both possible, but armored robes are easier. They have roughly the same parts, some flexible, some structural, but the numbers and how many you need vary.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #659 on: March 13, 2017, 05:49:16 pm »

Did you phase back in and out to do that?
((No, that wasn't the intention. I mean, I can just grab them and float up to the hangar to deposit them when I'm on lvl.3, right? Why would I need to phase in and out for that?))

Check out the rod-thingie Nameless just touched. Try to figure out how it works from a practical perspective primarily, aka how do we work it, and secondarily how it does the things it does (is it the sound that directs the worms, or does it perhaps work through the deep sea, given these creatures' connections to it).

If I manage to figure this out, tell the info to Nameless, but distort my voice and use annoyingly vague platitudes, as it behooves a Dau-de-Daleth Ascetic. If he doesn't manage to reverse the sinking, then try to stop the sinking myself by working the music rod.

82/70
You're not sure how to use that thing. You can see them inserting it into the worms in your vision, but its gotta be more complex than just jamming it in where ever.
You describe this action as if I was using transcend to try and see the info, but you rolled build (70) instead of transcend (95). Was this intentional or by accident?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:43:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70