Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137732 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #630 on: March 07, 2017, 02:50:31 pm »

Fortune favours the bold right? Squeeze past the plankcorpses and head up in the tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2017, 08:03:52 pm »

Vokun continues lowering the diving bell.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
You lower the diving bell down to the same level as the pancaek. The diving bell is surviving at this level, but its groaning  a bit.

Is it dead? Doublechecking to be absolutely sure.
If not, yank of another ball.
If yes, collect some of the real world remains of the thing, and observe them. Then also observe the one ball that got phased into the deep sea. What are the differences between the remains? Do they get different tags?

Then go check out one of the woody corpses.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
It seems to be.
You float down and grab one of the balls and lift it up. The two balls seem basically the same, but one simply exists in the deep because you dragged it there.

Is there something you specifically want to check with them?

You run into the same room as Nameless and the rest of the team on the island of worms. Hey, these chunks of stone that someone crunched off these chair things are at least structural 3!

Huzzah! Harumble! Loot the artifact furniture stone chunks, assess for tags.

Assess the rain of crystal balls avariciously, if I see it. Look/enter for something nobody else has found/explored yet; such as another room.

Also, if something requires 3xstructural 4-containing 2, does that mean the structural material must be the containing one? And if so, could the structural material be hollowed out to get a containing 2 tag?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
Structural 3. Basically thats it.
The balls are deep 2+ smooth 4 +Organic 4
Yes, it must be the containing one. And yes, if you can do that, you can do that.

Wait for it to heat up.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
It starts steaming after a few minutes.
Doug awoke from his nap.  Funny; he remembered being on the floor last time instead of the wall.  Probably the idiot pilot.  Whatever; time to poke around this place.

Explore this level.  What can I get into?  Can I find a firearm around here?

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)
The schematics for the stonebore on on the first page, if you haven't seen them.
This level has the common room, the sick bay, the sanctuary, the archive, the work room, the coms arm controls and all the leg engines.

As per rifles, ain't no one to sell them round here. On the bore we have an economy of builders making shit for other people. Go find a builder and noogie him into a rifle I suppose.

Actually, pretty sure your class starts with a rifle or something?

If Bargthor passes the anemone to him, Nameless will attempt to wear it or activate it or whatever.
Edit: since Bargthor is keeping the anemone, Nameless will climb up into the room above Bargthor and look for more loot.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Uselessness intensifies. Hang out in the ... whichever Bore room he is in.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
40/80
You climb up to the next level and find a rather strange thing up there. The room has a metal rod running from one wall to the other and on this rod are hundreds of hollow, conical tubes made of a tarnished silvery metal. They stick out from the rod like hedgehog spikes.
Oh no, this one doesn't affect me, I'm picking it up.  Should be fun to hit some meatbag recreationally with it.

Shuffle over to a wall in the rough direction of the bore.  Give it a hammer blow with the point of the claw, trying to start a hole that could be used to enlarge into a door or window or something.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
You stick the black goo in your bag.

64/50
You punch the wall pretty hard but do nothing more than rattle your own metal bones.
Fortune favours the bold right? Squeeze past the plankcorpses and head up in the tower.

58/70
You squeeze up into the higher level and shove your way through the corpses. You find the room above to be empty save for more corpses and a few things on those corpses. Some of them have what looks like a kind of weapon affixed to their limbs; a sort of bladed gauntlet that you can only assume they would smack things with.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2017, 08:14:39 pm »

Collect some more of those balls.

For woody the corpse, try to find out how they lived, what kind of creatures they were, and perhaps how they came to their demise.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:25:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2017, 08:43:24 pm »

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 07, 2017, 09:37:56 pm »

How is the rod attached to the walls? How thick is hte rod? What does the rod appear to be made out of? Is the rod running straight across the middle of the room, or is it offset? how high is the rod?

How are the hollow cones attached to the rod? how big are they? Is the pointy end of the cone facing the rod or facing away from the rod? Are they hollow like party hats and megaphones, with one end open? How are the cones arranged on the rod? All on one side, all hanging down, radially symmetrically, evenly distributed along the length, etc.

Nameless will touch a cone, wiggle one, and shake the rod to test if it is firmly attached to the wall or if it is loose.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Chillin'

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:44 pm »

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))

Build this man his thing.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:13 pm »

Wait, I'm below water level? Didn't mean to go that far.

Raise the diving bell to the water's surface.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2017, 11:21:39 pm »

Eat the food using my trusty knoife. Look for alcohol.
What materials to build a Diving bell? Diving with a capital D.

Coinflip wanders around the bore with "food" in hand, eventually running into Doug! Character interaction!
"Hey mate, don't think I've seen you around. 'Sup?"

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:45:16 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2017, 12:04:25 am »

Oops, I seem to have missed a post

Descend to the level below the one I was at before via rope.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2017, 12:22:11 am »

Coinflip wanders around the bore with "food" in hand, eventually running into Doug! Character interaction!
"Hey mate, don't think I've seen you around. 'Sup?"

"Ey there buddy!  Name's Doug.  I'm here for the money and the women, of course.  Not that I'm expecting much of the latter.  Anyway, I used to be a soldier in the Shamur army.  Recon.  Grew up out of the city and in the tunnels, so I've been around the block a few times when it comes to caves.  You?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2017, 12:36:50 am »

"Ey there buddy!  Name's Doug.  I'm here for the money and the women, of course.  Not that I'm expecting much of the latter.  Anyway, I used to be a soldier in the Shamur army.  Recon.  Grew up out of the city and in the tunnels, so I've been around the block a few times when it comes to caves.  You?"

"Myself, I'm Rayes. Er, that's my last name; first name is secret. 'M from Zebol, you see. Be straight with ya, it's a shitty place. 'S why I left."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2017, 12:50:50 am »

"I gotcha.  Hell, Shamur is pretty shitty too.  Pretty much everywhere is shitty, really!  I mighta visted the outskirts of Zebol a bit, ya know, in an official capacity.  Heh heh, ya know what I mean?  No hard feelings, though; gotta do what you're told in the army, ya know?  Glad I made it out.  Not that this trip looks any better!"  Doug gave a hearty laugh at that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2017, 01:18:16 am »

"Can't say you're wrong there, buddy, not at all. Did you see? We're hanging over an island of worms right now. Worms! At least the big cities aren't made of invertebrates.
Hey, wonder if there's any booze on this thing. Feels like I haven't had a good drink in years. Ah, food comes first though. It's horrible."

Rayes chews thoughtfully on his mush.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2017, 01:41:48 am »

"Worm island?  Bad food?  I think I see a solution here!  Worm's not too bad if it's cooked right!"  Doug guffawed.  "Don't ask me to cook, though; I cleaned more toilets and mowed the moss rather than peeled vegetables.  But you're right!  A drink to good times!."

There any booze in the canteen?  In any case, if Engi needs any help making something, help him out.  Maybe by looking for parts because Doug sure can't build.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:26 am »

Go into the room upstairs from the starfish corpses. Loot+assess gauntlet/blades.

Consider what sort of knowledge/materials would be needed for machines capable of turning
a) organic into mind-restoring liqour
b) chemical into mind-restoring liqour
c) chemical into explosive

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70