Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137609 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2017, 06:39:42 am »

Break off of working with that meatbag on the gauntlets to see what the blind drivers have run us into this time.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:08:11 am by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:03 am »

Continue helping Joshau build the armor, yes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2017, 02:35:27 pm »

((I guess Sifeebt's back to being a wannabe diver, then.))

If I have Transcend, can I resist Deep Sea attacks from L3 to the real world using that instead of Endure?

In any case, Sifeebt will keep Nameless between him and Vokun, and hit the thoughtful corpse with the flat of his sabre.  Nonlethal attack, however that might work.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Can I hit him twice due to being missed?
I suppose that would make sense. Though the backlash from a failure may be greater.

Really just cutting in on this dance huh? Non-lethal does half damage and can't be done with some weapons unless modified or using unique ammo. Yours can though.

Fight 54/90 vs 30/60 dodge 4d6/2 6+5+5+3= 19/2=9 damage

You walk up behind Nameless and proceed to crack him in the back of the head with the flat of your sabre.  He spins around and looks at you with a glare of complete indignation.

"Dude, what the fuck."

Fight 99/90 vs dodge 56/60
Fight 40/80 vs dodge 61/80 d6=6 damage

You shrug and take another swing at his head, but he ducks straight under the blow and hits you with an uppercut. You stumble back, your nose bleeding.

Keep working on that armor. 10/80

Basically as you go further down you go, the more aspects of reality you have access to and the more you can mess with things.  At level 10 you can basically mess with the fundemental forces of reality and tinker with the fabric of all things. Level 3 is what you could call your local manipulation level, where you can mess with the materials in the local area.

I'll write something with a bit of detail for what you can do on each level if you want
If it's not too much to ask, yeah, that'd be pretty dang handy. You could do it in parts if it's too much to do at once.

Oh, and are you keeping track of where we are exactly on the map? Or should we?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
The info is gonna be pretty generalized because I don't wanna spoil a whole lot, but I'll get it to you soon-ish.
And I'll keep track fo the big map, the one the drill makes, but if you guys wanna add to it or anything, you'll have to do that.

Build an AI to recognize who is present on the bridge. If not part of the current crew, and no crew members are on bridge deactivate interface until one of the crew unlocks it voluntarily. If not part of the crew, seal the bridge, lock the intruder in, close security shutters over controls.

An AI would imply there are computers around here. Which there are not. But if you have a Diver, you could ask them to speak to the Bore's brain, which is about the closest you'll get.

Current action: spar (also, gain knowledge for technique)
How do we record damage taken? I have included a 'current body' stat next to my body stat to indicate what I think my stat is currently, after having taken 6 damage in that last round.
PW, should I include a dodge penalty and damage bonus to my tech? Would that increase the knowledge cost?
Finally: have we been sparring for ten hours with two whole attacks done? If the rest of the turn is an hour long, can we get a summary of the results of an hour's worth of sparring? Nameless will yield and rest when his body drops to 20.

Current sheet:

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
You'll get your knowledge when the fight is over. If you win, you'll get even more.
The way you're doing it is fine, just as long as it's clear that one is your max and the other is your current. Even something like "Body 71/80" would work fine.
The knowledge cost should stay the same as long as the bonuses and the negatives remain balanced.
Sure, I could just roll it all out, though Since this is now a three way battle you're gonna need to give me some instructions as to who attacks who and how.

Continue sparring with Nameless, using fists and not weapons. Yield if I:
Gather enough knowledge for the Reference Guide,
Have under 30 body left,
or my opponent yields.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
5 knowledge gained so far.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Honestly? Faster metalbuilding would be amazing. I'm not too terribly worried about flubbing rolls very hard. TOOLZ4SPEED, please.

This got forgot. However, Engie would be investigating the bore for damage, internally.
For faster the easiest thing is probably to create a workshop tool, ie something that is stuck on the bore. Lower Knowledge costs. Even lower if its highly specialized.

find: 64/80
You find no damage to the bore.

Break off of working with that meatbag on the gauntlets to see what the blind drivers have run us into this time.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
Oh crap, I thought recover was first aid, oh well. On another note, would it be possible to build mechanical replacement limbs?

Run to try and see what's outside, then search for a crowbar or fireaxe to use as an improvised melee weapon.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

Verne rushes to be the first to look down the periscope. Then if no other immediate action is taken, he gets back to building the rifle, if allowed.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

Several people crowd and shove each other as the periscope ascends from the floor and locks into place. They look through it together, heads bunched up next to each other.  At first they don't see anything,  at least until one of them figures out there's a light switch and turns on the periscope's floodlights. The drill has punched it's way into a natural cave or more accurately, into the passage of an underground river.   It stretches off left and right as far as the light will illuminate, and the passage containing it is massive. It's at least 100 feet down to the roaring black waters and the passage is ovoid, wider than it is tall, so the river must be 150, 200 feet wide.
[Find: 48. Fail Fail Succeed!]
Verne suddenly jerks the periscope around and points it down the left passage.

"Hey! Look!" He says as he turns off the floodlights, "There light in that direction. Or like, shimmering"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2017, 03:55:24 pm »

"Alright rubes, it's time to organize an away team, I volunteer. This team should also include a medic, and a diver, or somebody whose good at both at very least. Then I suggest we begin scouting ahead with the crawler."

can people make replacment limbs? If so, how difficult would it be to learn/build and attach them?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:31:11 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »

The info is gonna be pretty generalized because I don't wanna spoil a whole lot, but I'll get it to you soon-ish.
And I'll keep track fo the big map, the one the drill makes, but if you guys wanna add to it or anything, you'll have to do that.
Cool, thanks! I'm sure we'll figure out the rest as we go, but some vague idea would be nice (and cut down on a whole lot of me asking you the same questions over and over as we go down levels).

A small question about building: if we're not in travel mode (eg while others are on mission or like this last turn on the bore), does any work get done on our build projects if we make that our action? If not, would it be ok for you if builders do something else during those turns? Otherwise we're basically sitting around doing nothing.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:45:56 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2017, 06:42:17 pm »

Sifeebt shrugs "Do not ignore foe.  Few are as chivalrous as quiet man." he says, nodding towards Vokun, who backed off after Sifeebt stepped in.

So... Why has our three-way spar never had three people attacking?  All three of us have submitted an attack action every round.

In any case, step back a bit and let Nameless act.  Attack only after someone else attacks.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2017, 06:54:52 pm »

Deira instead builds net traps, hiding it with any thin mats that may be available, and tripwire-dart traps that she will set up when leaving the bridge. Finally, she will finish decorating the place with coloured fabrics, if any are available in order to pass the time.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm »

See how much knowledge would be required build a med kit.

Begin to build a body with a body stat of 40.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:32:53 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2017, 07:25:16 pm »

See how much knowledge would be required build a med kit.

((I asked pw before. medkits require 50 knowledge.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2017, 09:35:40 pm »

Nameless nods his acknowledgement of Sifeebt's rebuke.
Yes.

Yes, let's roll out the remainder of the fight. If I am down to one opponent, simply attack that one, else: Nameless will attempt throughout the remainder of the fight to position the other two such that they interfere with each other's attacks rather than assisting each other, like by getting into a narrow hallway or something. Nameless will attack whichever is closer in an attempt to drive them into the other. Otherwise, simply alternate targets each roll.

On technique balancing: I don't know how to balance adding damage and taking away dodge, as damage scales with weapon and is a die roll, whereas dodge is a stat against which a die roll is made. Maybe adding a d20 to opponent's attack for double damage?
Or, if Nameless succeeds, his damage is doubled, but if he fails, the opponent's damage is doubled?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »

Spar with Nameless and Sifeebt, using fists and not weapons. Yield if I:
Gather enough knowledge for the Reference Guide,
Have under 30 body left,
or both of my opponents yield.

Each attack should, in order of priority, target:
1. Whoever has not yielded,
2. Whoever attacked me last,
3. Whoever I didn't attack last,
4. Nameless.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2017, 01:45:49 am »

Could we, and should we wait for the builders to finish current projects before we get to exploring, in a time-skip kinda way?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2017, 03:54:02 am »

Time to put down some graffitos.  Grab a little paint if I can find any, but don't delay if I can't, then head to the hangar.  Open the door, and see if there's anywhere to stand.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:02:36 am by Devastator »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2017, 04:53:25 am »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Seeing no damage to the bore, engie will then shrug and go back to work.

Essentially, I want to be able to machine parts so I only have to assemble them. It would save time in the way that while it's machining, I can handle another task. Is this possible? Nothing complicated, just solid parts like forearms and gunbarrels. Joints and complicated bits would have to be assembled and made by hand.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2017, 05:53:21 am »

Continue working on the rifle. If I was allowed to work on it alongside my other small action for ~five hours on each of the last two turns, it will be complete. Otherwise, if building requires a completely free turn, it'll be 5/15 after five hours.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70