Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137457 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:28 pm »

Dig around in the Sanctuary's cushion box.  Is there any useful transcendence increasing stuff?  If not, just grab an armload of pillows and dump them in a corner as a makeshift bed, from which to watch the spooks.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)
You dig  around, searching under the cushions but can find nothing  of interest besides an unused bolt that someone must have dropped at some point during construction.  You shrug and gather up a few pillows. You dump them down in the corner and stretch out on them, settling in to watch the Spooks, as you call them.

"I'll get that Hypoknife commissioned in a bit. I might as well set the archive up."

Unpack the crates and put books on shelves.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
You open up the crates and carefully arrange the books on their shelves, sorting them by subject matter as best you can. There are still a few unused shelves by th end. For anything new aquired, you assume.

Go explore the rest of the drill and see if there's anything interesting to steal.  Or find some meatbags or inferior designs that aren't making weapons to bother.
Stealing seems a silly thing when you're about to be sealed into this thing and driven down into the deep. But you search, none-the-less.
[find 10+9]
You wander into the cargo bay and search through it a bit, opening boxes and kicking things over to look under piles of supplies. You find a lot of food -ie useless crap- and raw materials, but nothing fun.

"Well hello there my spiritually inclined friends! Couldn't wait to see a real pro at work huh?" Joshua chuckles.
"Care to introduce yourselves? I, as you might have heard already, am Joshua Abraham Darvaza, Emperor of the Deep."

Take a cushion from the box, check if there's anything else in there and pocket it if so. I'd like to start gathering knowledge for building a Depth Drive if that is possible (see also question below).

Then go sit on it and start calming my mind. Concentrate on feeling the energies that flow through this chamber. Once I feel ready, take our first dive into the great unknown, the Deep Sea.

Or rather, a dip, cause we're staying on level 1.

((PW, question: suppose I want to build a Depth Drive. Since that only gives +10, could I already try to build that, or would it require knowledge? And if I could already build it, could I gather knowledge anyway to increase my chances of making it?))

((Still might shove around a couple of statpoints around, but I won't touch those that have already been used as a bonus.))
Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Nope, nothing in here.

On your knowledge stat, stick something saying that you're collecting memory for a Depth Drive.  It will take 150 knowledge to create it, so do 0/150.  You can't try to build it because living engines don't use the same rules as buliding weapons. With weapons you can build, without memory, anything that grants +30 or less. With armor, anything that grants +10 resist or +5 any other stat or less. With living engines, they ALWAYS need knowledge. Because they're inherently weird.
[Transcend 45= success]

You sit down on a cushion and carefully align yourself into a position where your unconcious body won't collapse and crack your head on the wall or floor.  You stare at the light and focus on the feeling you felt before, the feeling of being upon a cliff overlooking a deep expanse. And then you push yourself forward. You feel your perception being pulled, sucked in towards the disk on your forehead. The world around you vanishes for a moment and then reforms, greatly changed. It is almost as though the compartment you're in was flooded with dark and hazy water; you can make out the walls and objects around you, but only with some concentration, and anything at any real distance is lost in darkness. You touch the wall nearest you and information about it tingles across your mind. You feel the pressure of the hydraulic press forming it, feel the mixing of metals into this alloy, and even the burn of hot bolts as it is fastened in place.

Around you, your teammates are tiny golden fires with bodies of shining golden thread, like ambulatory circulatory systems. And above you, roughly where the bridge is, something glows like burning magnesium, and from it extend golden threads that weave their way through the entire structure.

As you examine this, you sense something forming behind you. The creature seems to form from the flowing back shadows that dominate this place; their soft and insubstatial shapes hardening into something like obsidian, shiny and razor sharp. The creature itself is not unlike a centipede, though it is as large as a man and seems to swim through mid air.  No sooner has it come together than it charges at you, wrigging through the air.

[Transcend 45+17 (62) vs 10+18 (28)] [Overkill Rule]

You raise your hand and the bead chain breaks apart into individual beads. Each bead launches off your arm like a tiny missile and arcs out, homing in on the creature. They tear a hundred holes in it and blow it apart in an instant.

After receiving the machete From Tommy Faber (midnightJaguar), Nameless goes to the cockpit and mutters to the pilot: "Down left," pointing to the position on the map one square below and one square left of our current location. he then goes to find a crowbar. To steal requisition.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
You get your machete, head up stairs, command the pilot to do something, and then head down to the work room and find yourself a small prybar.

"Good. This is a commendable machine... considering the workforce you were provided with. I feel even more confident for my success now that I know more about it."

"That is all I wished to know. I thank you for answering my questions to my satisfaction. I expect we can maintain such cordial communication through our lifeline and wish that no misfortune or foolishness of the other participants results in its severance. I also expect that our mutual efforts will bring mutual benefit and look forward in taking pleasure from such during our discussions." *bows and waves* "As dictated by law 2684 I have offered you proper farewell and will now depart to inspect this vessel for myself."

Go man the sensor monitoring station. Is it on the bridge or in the same level as the cannons? Is it operational? Can I operate it and Find anything of interest up ahead or are we too close to Shamur for me to detect anything of interest beyond the city?

((Sorry if I missed it, but is there any indication of how much a piece of equipment costs knowledge-wise and roll-difficulty-wise? Or is this something you find out by trying?))

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)

The sensors themselves are down on the cannon level, but the actual readouts are on the bridge. It is operational, though a bit complex.

[control: 0+5]
Well... You can read the gauges here and a few are helpfully labeled; fuel, external pressure, temperature, depth, etc. But nothing that you can use to guess anything interesting around you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Okay. Need guns? I'll make a gun now."

Make a rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty
Assuming a cheap ass pipe gun here.

[Build 30+10= auto success]

You crank out a cheap pipe gun (+10 Blast). It takes 3 stamina.

Continue to move scrap and materials to the workbenches for the gunmakers until they've got anough for a while.

Then go to the archives and look around for construction manuals on either firearms/armour that's especially suited for an engineheart. Simple/robust stuff for now, nothing that can't be made by the people on board right now.

((I've also shifted around some points in my character sheet))

Spoiler: Waffel (click to show/hide)

[Find 10 +15]

You walk to the archive and look through the books, including the ones another crew member is currently shelving. You find something called "Mr. Grind's Homemade Arsenal". It looks to be the sort of thing you want.

Start up and idle the engines. Deira will sit and listen to them. Try to hear if everything is working soundly.

Deira then looks around the bridge trying to find anything of use to her or the others. Perhaps she can then build a weapon for that corpse that was asking.

[Control: 50. Auto success]

You examine the controls for a moment and then set about activating the machine. It seems like it takes a bit to start from a dead stop, especially when its never been used before. Judging from the blinking indicators you see here, someone has to go down and physically prime all the fuel pumps for the main engine and the generator before anything can be started for the first time.

Hum. If I'm going to spend 12 hours on each gun, I'll be carefully designing them for our particular purposes. For now I'll churn out seven pipe guns to give to anyone who really needs a weapon immediately, and then create my own pistol design ideal for defending the close spaces of the bore.

((I decided to move 9 points from Mind to stamina, putting my stamina at 36, and letting me Build for 12 hours between rests. Who needs defence against mindfuck anyway?~))

With 40 build these are gonna auto succeed. You'll make 7 of your pipe pistols (-27 stamina) but I'm basically gonna have to make you hold off on your actions for a while since it will mean passing 7 hours and I don't think anyone else is doing stuff that fast.

Once we get underway you can start doing shit again.
Alright then, hand the machete to nameless(Ozarck) and then set about seeing how much knowledge building a fleshy body with 6 arms would require.
No knowledge, but 30+desired body stat is the roll difficulty.

If I can still join

Try to find something that can be used as a weapon, crowbar, pipe, that kind of thing. Search in the workroom and cargo.

If somebody could make a pistol of some kind for me, that would be great. I don't need anything fancy, just something that can shoot straight.

You're in. Egan is cranking out guns, so he'll probably make one for you as well.

Radio gains 5 knowledge for the first deep dive and 5 for killing the first depth 1 creature.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2017, 08:47:42 pm »

Look around for someone to spar with.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2017, 08:59:53 pm »

[PLEASE WAIT. BUILDING... BUILDING... ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL COMPLETION: 7:00:00]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2017, 09:35:42 pm »

Watch Joshua ((Radio)).  Use transcendence if that can be done without an eye disk.  Does he look different from a normal sleeping person in any way?

EDIT: Below, Dev is saying he's gonna screw with the unconcious diver in the sanctuary with Sifeebt.  Sifeebt is very specifically in the Sanctuary to protect the divers.  He isn't going to let Dev touch anyone, and will resort to violence if necessary.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2017, 09:46:12 pm »

Build myself a nice pistol. If I have any stamina left set to work on a six armed body with 2 pairs of eyes placed in the center of the chest at the point where each pair of arms meet. With +20 body stats
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:49:15 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2017, 10:27:42 pm »

Deira mutters to herself, and makes her way down to prime the fuel pumps as required. Of course, if it is starting for the first time it would have a few hitches. Still, she would care for the machine, and hopefully it would care for her in return. Whilst down there, she will check the condition of the primary engine, glean any information she can on it.

Edit: utilise Nameless's help in any way possible.

Spoiler: Deira (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:13:06 am by Sialia »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

@Sialia: direct Nameless to help and he will do the manual labor with you
Nameless will act as hands and feet for the pilot. that is, he will go and manually throw switches, if the pilot tells him which to throw.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:40:37 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2017, 12:37:43 am »

Go draw mustaches on the unconscious divers

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2017, 01:24:57 am »

attempt to acquire the one of the pipe guns, then go search for a big piece of pipe to use as a melee weapon for now

would one of you be so kind as to make me a nice long knife?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:08:43 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2017, 02:14:58 am »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

"Would you like some help startin' the engine, ma'am?"

Pull the lever, Kronk! Prime the engine, Engie! ((Assist with, anyhow))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2017, 03:32:40 am »

Hello bandwagon, here I come.

Dog headed reanimated copse can be found in generator room, starting it up.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2017, 03:52:23 am »

"Emperor Of the Deep 1, unfathomable terrors from beyond our ken 0."

I take it my Beads have reformed after their attack?
Check out if anything remains of that monster centipede. Could I collect its remains?
Try to say hello out loud. Can the other people in the room hear me? Can I hear them?
Can I pick up objects, eg. a cushion, and move it around while otherwordly?
I can get information on things (eg wall) by touching them, but could I also try to move/phase through them?

Also, what does 'Overkill Rule' imply?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:58:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2017, 05:01:08 am »

Attempt to build an armoured robe.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2017, 07:44:06 am »

Go around the ship with the startup crew. Inform them if I Find anything that looks out of place (loose bolts, dripping fluids, etc) so that they can take a closer look at it. Also make sure to secure things that need securing in place, we don't want things flying off of shelves as we move, since I assume this isn't a very smooth ride.

If everything goes well and I have time to spare, I'd like to Find information about how best I could convert my clothes into something that would increase my hide to +5. Perhaps turn them dark and reflection-less and add a hood?

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:46:46 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70