Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137379 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2017, 02:03:21 pm »

"I'll get that Hypoknife commissioned in a bit. I might as well set the archive up."

Unpack the crates and put books on shelves.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:13:36 pm by Rautherdir »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2017, 02:29:13 pm »

Go explore the rest of the drill and see if there's anything interesting to steal.  Or find some meatbags or inferior designs that aren't making weapons to bother.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:37:22 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2017, 03:26:41 pm »

"Well hello there my spiritually inclined friends! Couldn't wait to see a real pro at work huh?" Joshua chuckles.
"Care to introduce yourselves? I, as you might have heard already, am Joshua Abraham Darvaza, Emperor of the Deep."

Take a cushion from the box, check if there's anything else in there and pocket it if so. I'd like to start gathering knowledge for building a Depth Drive if that is possible (see also question below).

Then go sit on it and start calming my mind. Concentrate on feeling the energies that flow through this chamber. Once I feel ready, take our first dive into the great unknown, the Deep Sea.

Or rather, a dip, cause we're staying on level 1.

((PW, question: suppose I want to build a Depth Drive. Since that only gives +10, could I already try to build that, or would it require knowledge? And if I could already build it, could I gather knowledge anyway to increase my chances of making it?))

((Still might shove around a couple of statpoints around, but I won't touch those that have already been used as a bonus.))
Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:34:33 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:43 pm »

After receiving the machete From Tommy Faber (midnightJaguar), Nameless goes to the cockpit and mutters to the pilot: "Down left," pointing to the position on the map one square below and one square left of our current location. he then goes to find a crowbar. To steal requisition.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

"Good. This is a commendable machine... considering the workforce you were provided with. I feel even more confident for my success now that I know more about it."

"That is all I wished to know. I thank you for answering my questions to my satisfaction. I expect we can maintain such cordial communication through our lifeline and wish that no misfortune or foolishness of the other participants results in its severance. I also expect that our mutual efforts will bring mutual benefit and look forward in taking pleasure from such during our discussions." *bows and waves* "As dictated by law 2684 I have offered you proper farewell and will now depart to inspect this vessel for myself."

Go man the sensor monitoring station. Is it on the bridge or in the same level as the cannons? Is it operational? Can I operate it and Find anything of interest up ahead or are we too close to Shamur for me to detect anything of interest beyond the city?

((Sorry if I missed it, but is there any indication of how much a piece of equipment costs knowledge-wise and roll-difficulty-wise? Or is this something you find out by trying?))

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:36:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2017, 04:08:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Okay. Need guns? I'll make a gun now."

Make a rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2017, 04:52:25 pm »

Continue to move scrap and materials to the workbenches for the gunmakers until they've got anough for a while.

Then go to the archives and look around for construction manuals on either firearms/armour that's especially suited for an engineheart. Simple/robust stuff for now, nothing that can't be made by the people on board right now.

((I've also shifted around some points in my character sheet))

Spoiler: Waffel (click to show/hide)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2017, 05:26:37 pm »

Start up and idle the engines. Deira will sit and listen to them. Try to hear if everything is working soundly.

Deira then looks around the bridge trying to find anything of use to her or the others. Perhaps she can then build a weapon for that corpse that was asking.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:27:06 am by Sialia »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »

Start up and idle the engines. Deira will sit and listen to them. Try to hear if everything is working soundly.

Deira then looks around the bridge trying to find anything of use to her or the others. Perhaps she can then build a weapon for that corpse that was asking.

((Make sure to add your char sheet to your post if you want pw to account for your bonuses! A +50 control is a terrible thing to waste.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:52 pm »

The masked Deathless thumps his chest with a fist when Joshua addresses him, answering with a simple "Sifeebt."  He pauses for a couple seconds, then continues "Watcher.  Ready to kill when your current vessel is inhabited."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »

Hum. If I'm going to spend 12 hours on each gun, I'll be carefully designing them for our particular purposes. For now I'll churn out seven pipe guns to give to anyone who really needs a weapon immediately, and then create my own pistol design ideal for defending the close spaces of the bore.

((I decided to move 9 points from Mind to stamina, putting my stamina at 36, and letting me Build for 12 hours between rests. Who needs defence against mindfuck anyway?~))

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:38:45 pm by Egan_BW »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »

Alright then, hand the machete to nameless(Ozarck) and then set about seeing how much knowledge building a fleshy body with 6 arms would require.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:17:32 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:02 am »

If I can still join

Try to find something that can be used as a weapon, crowbar, pipe, that kind of thing. Search in the workroom and cargo.

If somebody could make a pistol of some kind for me, that would be great. I don't need anything fancy, just something that can shoot straight.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:36:17 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2017, 04:52:25 am »

The masked Deathless thumps his chest with a fist when Joshua addresses him, answering with a simple "Sifeebt."  He pauses for a couple seconds, then continues "Watcher.  Ready to kill when your current vessel is inhabited."
"Well, my 'current vessel' is indeed very much inhabited, but I'd like to hang on to it for a little while longer!"

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2017, 06:27:48 am »

((Make sure to add your char sheet to your post if you want pw to account for your bonuses! A +50 control is a terrible thing to waste.))

((Thank you kindly, I forgot because I posted from my phone))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70