Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29290 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 18: Bee Afraid) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2017, 02:39:15 am »

Note to self: I need to stop taking long absences.

Am I dead?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2017, 03:17:20 am »

"Maybe I just have to try harder? Please don't let this be permanent..." Try to do my last action harder.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2017, 10:48:06 am »

Note to self: I need to stop taking long absences.

Am I dead?

Naw, you're just lying in the mud, covered in burns, with no clothes on. Oh, and freezing to death. But you're not dead yet!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 19: Beegone!) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:06 am »

Juniper:

[cha: 3+1]

Your pictograms, while elaborate and detailed, don't seem to do much to calm the child down anymore. In fact, he just seems more confused than before. This might be because there isn't enough space on the floor to tell the entire story thus far.

Gasozein:

[str: 2+3-1 Welt]
[swarm dex: 2]

Reaching down into your jimmies, you grab hold of the wasps and crush them in your hands! Mission accomplished!

Lyssha:

As Gasozein reaches down into his pants, you quickly sprint out of the room and open the other door revealing... *dramatic sting*

...a chamber pot and a hole! Huzzah!

Sayla:

[wis: 6]

Nothing. There are no traps, as far as you can tell.

Saevire:

[will: 3]

"HRRRRRRNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!"

Nothing. However, there's a wizard on the ship right? Or maybe at least a doctor? Either way, this doesn't seem like it will be permanent.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2017, 10:55:41 am »

"Your turn!"

Interrogate the child, extricating any possible information. While doing this, begin absentmindedly carving the rest of the story into the wall with my weapon.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2017, 11:03:45 am »

*Sigh* Wonder about how I should of been able to bring a single handed weapon, and why I didn't.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:45:35 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2017, 03:37:59 pm »

Slowly extend my hand towards the gem. When my hand is within 3 inches of it, quickly snatch it up and back away.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 20: Bee - FFS No More Bee Puns) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2017, 09:17:45 am »

Juniper:

[cha: 4+1]

The child grimaces. The look would be almost comical if he wasn't so haggard or emaciated. He wipes away some of your writing as he reaches down into the dust again.

"GRANDFATHER KILL SUN, DAD
SO MOVAR KILL GRANDFATHER
MOVAR NO SMART, DUMB
SO HIDE HERE, IN TREE
FIND FOOD IN TREES
NO LEAVE TREES, OR MOVAR KILL"

Saevire:

[int: 3+1]

Well even though you only have one hand, a bow and arrows aren't entirely useless. You can whack people with a bow or stab them with arrows.
But really, you realize, the true reason you don't have a single-handed weapon is because Timmas is a complete bastard!

Sayla:

You slowly reach your hand out towards the gem, and quickly snatch it away.
This is suspiciously easy...

[+ Huge Uncut Gemstone!]

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:37 am »

Head outside and look around.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2017, 10:01:27 am »

Tuck the gem on my clothes to hide it, then start climbing the ladder
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2017, 10:07:12 am »

"... I think I know the real reason why I wasn't allowed a single handed weapon..." Try to break the fourth wall by staring intensely at DolosusDoleus. If I can't, then just stare randomly into the air.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2017, 10:33:20 am »

Juniper actually looks sad for a second.

"Awww. That's so sad. Heeere."

She smothers him in a quick hug, then descends from the tree house.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »

Gasozein staggers to his feet, attempts to catch his breath, and either searches the rest of the room including the bed if there are no more buzzing noises or leaves immediately if there are. Maybe try to bandage the welts with strips of cloth from the bed.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 21: Meanwhile in Canada) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »

Lyssha:

[wis: 4+1]

You wander outside the house for a minute, shielding your eyes from the pouring rain. As you walk out back, you notice some movement inside the well out back, and as you look inside you see Sayla moving around inside. How on earth did she get there? It's not like there's any sort of ladder you can see or anything...

Sayla:

You quickly stuff the gem into your clothes, and turn towards the ladder... only to find the the ladder has disappeared! You can see Lyssha up above the well, looking at you with confusion.

Saevire:

[will: 5]

Suddenly, a name pops into your head. Dolo ... sus ... Do ... leus? You concentrate on this name, scowling as you do so.

MEANWHILE, PAST THE FOURTH WALL:

A scruffy Canadian man yawns as he steps into his apartment, and plops in front of his computer.

"What, is it time to update Adventure! again? Lets see ..."

Suddenly, the scarred face of a hooded man appears through the Canadian's computer screen, scowling with intense anger and hatred.

"A single handed weapon! I want it now!"

As quickly as it appeared, the face disappears from the screen, leaving the Canadian frightened and confused.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!"

Juniper:

[dex: 1+1]
[child dex: 5]

You try to give the child a hug, but he quickly scrambles away and you hug nothing but thin air.

Shrugging your shoulders, you are about to begin your descent from the treehouse when you feel the boy's hand on your leg. Looking at him, you see him scrawl another message into the dust.

"NO GO.
WILL DIE.
MOVAR KILL."

Gasozein:

First, you stumble around the room, giving the body a wide berth as you do so. You take a moment to look at the map as you do so.

The map shows the beach you arrived on, along with the harbormaster's cabin, the cabin you are currently in, and a watchtower. You can also see two clearly marked paths to clearings past the trees, one marked RESIDENCES and another marked MILL.

Below the map is a list of names:

LOGGING:
 Kvan Chingald
 Lonnie Tmats
 Jonsit Tmats
 Morris Tmats

STEWARDS
 Sunny Chingald
 Mona Chingald
 Rinth Leam
Ruby Chingald

SECURITY
 Fintan
 Movar

ADMIN
 Sinth Rutgar
 Tomas Rutgar

Then, peering into the body you find the corpse of a carrion wasp hive queen, bisected in half, presumably by your sword.

[Medicine: 2+1]

You take a few sheets, and make some ramshackle bandages for your hands. Though interesting looking, the really don't actually do anything.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:48:27 pm by DolosusDoleus »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 21: Meanwhile in Canada) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »

"Hi. The ladder seems to have disappeared. Think you can find a rope or something?"

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27