Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29311 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 23: Lost!) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2017, 07:37:46 pm »

"Ate you sure it's a good idea for both of us to be trapped down here?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »

Juniper:

[Luck: 5]

You walk around in circles and walk forward. Somehow, this strategy takes you straight out of the forest and back onto the beach, towards two buildings, one tall, one squat.

Saevire:

[Will: 1]

Instead, the fourth wall crashes into you, knocking you out cold!

[Saevire is now unconscious!]

Gasozein:

[str: 4+3]

While you push Saevire towards the watchtower as he makes constipated noises, he suddenly falls limp to the ground. Grunting, you pick him up and arrive at the base of the watchtower, spotting Juniper walking in your direction on the way. Opening the door, you see a staircase spiraling upwards.

Lyssha:

[dex 6+2]

Without hesitation, you leap down the well, performing a somersault midair before executing a perfect three-point landing. Unfortunately, you forgot to bring anything that would help you get back up. Curses!

[Intuition: 4+1]

You sense that there may be another way out of this cave.

ATHATH (auto'd):

The bear is now at your body, sniffing around. He looks hungry!

Spoiler: GM NOTE (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »

Spoiler: GM NOTE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-GM NOTE (click to show/hide)

Juniper walks up to the squat building, and begins talking to a random wall, giving it a motivational speech.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 24: Found) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2017, 03:33:19 am »

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" KILL THE FOURTH WALL!!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:36 am »

Look around the cave.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »

Sigh in loud exasperation and begin to mount the stairs, one hand holding Saevire's ankle and the other on the hilt of my sword, dragging him up but staying ready to drop him and draw my blade.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 25: Man Down!) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2017, 01:29:43 pm »

Juniper:

You strut up to the side of the house, telling it that it doesn't have to be squat if it doesn't want to dammit! It shouldn't let its dreams go like that!

Your hands heat up slightly, thencool down again. Odd.

Saevire:

The fourth wall, fed up with this increasing amount of bullshit, retreats to a location no mere mortal such as yourself can access.

[will: 2]

And anyway, you're still unconscious!

Lyssha:

[wis: 3+1]

Squinting your eyes in the darkness, you notice an odd protrusion of rock on the wall. You press it, and the stone next to it slides out, revealing a ramp upwards.

Gasozein:

As you reach the top of the stairs, you arrive upon what you first assume to be a bisected corpse, but as you move closer is revealed to be a human, somehow alive even with his bottom half gone.

"Please... Kill me... End my pain...

ATHATH (auto'd):

ATHATH has been eaten by a bear!

It is now approximately 4:00 AM. The storm is breaking, and the winds and rains are retreating.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2017, 02:20:27 pm »

Juniper looks at her palms for a few seconds, then begins giving them a motivational speech.

"You can do it, swirly lines! Don't let the laws of casuality tell you otherwise!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2017, 02:24:20 pm »

Wait, the fourth wall left? In that case... I DON'T EVEN NEED TO BREAK THROUGH IT!!!! Talk to Mr Canada man through dreams.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2017, 01:07:28 am »

"Oh hey, a ramp. Let's see if we can get out now."

Sayla tries to climb the ramp.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2017, 01:11:54 am »

I haven't read much but I will probably go through the whole thread. I had an idea for a character so I decided to join before knowing anything...
And I misread something so I cannot increase my stats by increasing my debt. I will just say that the prison life(diet mostly) has been harsh on my body.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
It says it is +2 stats per 1000 gold given to Timmas. That would mean that accruing additional debt, or even stealing from Timmas in order to give the stolen gold back, would not reduce one's progress. Am I reading that correctly?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2017, 12:00:47 pm »

I haven't read much but I will probably go through the whole thread. I had an idea for a character so I decided to join before knowing anything...
And I misread something so I cannot increase my stats by increasing my debt. I will just say that the prison life(diet mostly) has been harsh on my body.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
It says it is +2 stats per 1000 gold given to Timmas. That would mean that accruing additional debt, or even stealing from Timmas in order to give the stolen gold back, would not reduce one's progress. Am I reading that correctly?

Welcome to the team! To answer your questions, additional debt will be subtracted from your acquired gold, but going back over a 1000 gp threshold will not reduce your stats. As for stealing from Timmas... well you can certainly try, but 1 theiving prisoner + a boatload of angry sailors = you do the math.

I'll add your character to the characters post once I'm on a computer and not my phone.

EDIT: I did it
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:52:35 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »

Follow Sayla

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 26: Spelunking) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2017, 09:55:53 am »

Juniper:

You stare at your hands, giving them a pep talk similar to the one you gave the house. Come on hands! You can be hot if you want to! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

The lines on your hands start glowing as they heat up again, and as your hands cool down the lines get dimmer.

Saevire:

Since Mr. Canada Man lies on the other side of the fourth wall, and you cannot get past the fourth wall, you cannot get to him at this time. Maybe you should pay attention to the guy pleading about death or something.

Sayla:

You follow the ramp upwards, and as you move forward, the ceiling gets lower and lower until you are shuffling along on your hands and knees to move forward. Eventually, you reach a fork in the tunnel, one path marked with a strange red symbol, the other unmarked.

Lyssha:

You follow Sayla up to the fork.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 26: Spelunking) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:05 am »

"Listen, I'm here to help. Who did this to you?" Examine the nearby scene: is it safe or not? If it is, crouch near the guy and assess his wounds. Is he stable? Bleeding out right now? Why isn't he dead?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27