Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29299 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 14: This Must Be the Place) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

Juniper:

Without the slightest bit of hesitation, you set off into the storm!

[wis: 1-2]

As you run into the storm with reckless abandon, the glowing lines on your hands seem to heat up the slightest bit. After pondering this new revelation, you realize that you can't make out any landmarks besides a few trees dotting the landscape.

Saevire:

[will: 3]

Your eyes flutter for a moment, and you remain conscious just long enough to see your new... leg.

[+3 to next will roll]

What the actual fuck

Sayla:

Uh... that just happened. Moving on...

Ah yes, the mission! Your understanding of it was that the gist was "Steal everything of value not bolted down." Also, "Collect special items for Malthus, most especially the ashes of someone who died in great pain"

Lyssha:

[3+1+1 Intuition]

With great purpose, you start heading in the same direction as Gasozein and Saevire. You see two large shapes in the storm, one of which appears to be a cabin, and another that seems to be a watchtower. Gasozein and Saevire are heading for the cabin.

Gasozein:

You approach the low, squat shape, which as you get closer appears to be a cabin of some sort. The door is locked, but the bronze key you have undoes the lock and you step inside.

Along one wall there is a bookshelf, with a door on either side, both closed shut. Along the other wall there lies a desk and of the richest mahogany, with a sheet of paper lying on top.

ATHATH (Auto'd):

You are beginning to grow very cold as the wind grows stronger. With no clothes left, you are likely soon to freeze to death.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:31:52 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2017, 02:50:13 am »

Saevire speaks in a dangerously calm voice, after waking up, that is. "Who. Gave. Me. This."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:02:21 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2017, 06:13:29 am »

Juniper feels a shiver down her spine. She wanders around a bit, seeking a convenient cave to shelter in.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:13 am »

Follow Gasozein into the cabin

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2017, 01:40:48 pm »

((Whoops, put Sayla's action under Lyssha's name. Fixed that.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2017, 06:42:40 pm »

"You grew it." Set Saevire down on the floor and head over to the desk to read the paper and then search for anything in the desk drawers or any interesting titles on the bookshelves. Keep my sword ready, and pay special attention to books that look very well worn or like they may have been hollowed out to conceal something.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 15: Cabin inthe Woods) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2017, 03:06:40 pm »

Saevire:

[will: 4+3]

What a terrible dream! For a second you thought your arm had turned into... oh.

...so it wasn't a dream, huh?

You sit up, as Lyssha walks into the cabin and Gasozein starts rummaging through the books.

Juniper:

[wis: 5-2]

Try as you might to find a cave, the best you can find is a couple of rocks above a hole in the ground. Shivering, you huddle underneath the rock.

Lyssha:

You enter the cabin, just in time to see Gasozein start rummaging. Saevire looks quite pissed off indeed.

Gasozein:

As you move to search the drawers of the desk, one drawer is stuck, and the other falls off before it moves halfway open, revealing a small colony of termites.

Reading the paper reveals a message, but the ink on the bottom half has been dissolved by a bloodstain. It reads,

"Tomas, recieved word from Rinth that Kvan has been seen to be walking around the Jeshtrites' quarters. Says he'll 'find the truth' of what happened with Sunny's child.

Come over here now. I fear for w-"

The rest of the letter is unreadable.

[wis: 6-2]

Most of the books are encyclopedias, but you find one oddly-shaped book, titled "Precious Gemstones" like the other.

You open it up and find a silver key.

[+ silver key!]

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 15: Cabin in the Woods) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2017, 03:10:14 pm »

Sayla searches the area around the cabin for anything of use/value.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »

((Info Dump: The Jereshtrites are a people from the deep southern land of Kinta. Characterized by their green-tinted skin, they are rarely found outside of Kinta. They are usually not trusted by people in northern lands, due to their resemblance to the since long-extinct goblin race.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:18:47 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:58 pm »

Juniper continues walking in a totally random direction, letting luck decide her survival. (Dramatic sting)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2017, 03:31:48 pm »

Lyssha walks over to the desk and reads the paper.

"A murderer is about."

Lyssha opens the door to the right of the desk.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »

Grab the nearest person. "WHO GAVE ME THIS FUCKING ARM!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:29 pm »

"I'd bet this is less a single murderer and more of an uprising. Be on your guard. Saevire, stop staring at your leg and watch the other door." Gasozein stands next to Lyssha as she opens the door, greatsword ready. If anything moves out with hostile intent, cut it in half. If the door is locked, try the key.

Oh, and fold up and take that letter, while we're at it.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 16: A Chance Encounter) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2017, 02:04:17 pm »

Sayla:

You dash after the party sans Juniper, and burst into the cabin.

[wis: 3-1]

You find nothing, save for another termite colony along one support beam.

Juniper:

[Luck: 5]

As you wander about in the storm, you suddenly make a turn into the forest. After more stumbling around you find a ramshackle treehouse, with a faint light eminating from within. A hempen rope ladder hangs from the treehouse to the ground.

Lyssha:

You open the door and... oh dear.

Surely, this once was a fine bedroom. The bedsheets are made of silk, the curtains of fine velvet. A mahogany dresser sits in the corner with a pair of pearl-rimmed optics lying on top, above which lies a map with a golden frame.

And everything is covered with dried blood, red lines eminating from the headless corpse of a young boy, lying on the bed. What on earth happened here?

Saevire:

You grab Sayla by the arm, screaming about your leg. She looks very startled by this.

Gasozein:

First, you pick up the letter.

[+Bloodstained Letter]

Sword at the ready, you enter the room, to the terrible sight within. You also notice a very slight bhuzzing noise eminating from the corpse...

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 16: A Chance Encounter) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2017, 02:26:05 pm »

"WHO GAVE ME THIS FUCKING LEG!"

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27