Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48705 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2017, 02:25:11 am »

((The third line of the garbled text: "Return to Zeta Command if found"??  It fits...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02:12 am »

Raioyris grin grows in anticipation, "The spirit is impartial, this flesh, this weakness; these things are trivial to our greater members.

Now, you better not leave me nothing after I erase your pathetic existence from the pages of this tome."
Raioyris says pacing forward with drunken fist mojo, throws a rapid punch to the lower jaw.

Meanwhile Raioyris prepares a series of projectiles at different angles, using mage power to form ice spike bullets hidden under the snow.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:52:14 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2017, 04:32:10 am »

((Oh dear. You are currently walking around the real world as you are in the dream. So attacking with mage power will probably result in the same effect occurring in reality.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2017, 04:41:19 am »

((I wondered about that but I highly doubt it considering in the real world I'm reading the book and in the dream I don't even have the book.

There's a disconnect. If not, it's going to be messy because Raioyris has no way to know. But I don't think my current mage power action wouldn't even do much considering that there's solid floor underneath us, not the snow that I am setting up projectiles in.))

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:12:58 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2017, 04:53:06 am »

Raioyris grin grows in anticipation, "The spirit is impartial, this flesh, this weakness; these things are trivial to our greater members."

Now, you better not leave me nothing after I erase your pathetic existence from the pages of this tome."
Raioyris says pacing forward with drunken fist mojo, throws a rapid punch to the lower jaw.

Meanwhile Raioyris prepares a series of projectiles at different angles, using mage power to form ice spike bullets hidden under the snow.

[5 -> 1] Rai responds with an attempt at a punch. {5 ->> 1 Counter-hit} But the ancient spirit dodges effortlessly, going with the flow of the punch, bouncing upward like a feather. In the air, he mutters a terse syllogism.

"I am spirit. Force will not overcome--"

He grabs Rai's fist after seemingly hanging in the air, and raises him with the strength of ten men--[4 -> 1] sending him flying upward. But the spirit's foot goes up along with its adversary--a metal limb wrapped around its ankle resists Rai's taking to flight and pulls Rai back down [8 ->> 2]. The spirit grabs the Locus, his eyes blazing white as the moon, [8 -> 2] and in one swift motion he heaves Rai overhead backwards, its uniform's sleeve coming off to reveal a muscular arm, clothed in snow-white fur.

[8 ->> 1 (Miss)] [Constitution 4 -> 1 (Fail)] Raioyris disappears into the snow from the force of the blow. As he lifts his head, he finds a red stain under his nose.

Bleeding (1)

Meanwhile, [4 -> 1] icicles form underground, hidden underneath layers of snow.

In the real world, Raioyris sits down next to the wall, reading his tome. Spiral patterns of frost emanate from his position, spreading across the wall.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:55:01 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2017, 05:29:54 am »

Raioyris coughs and grins eagerly, "You....

You've been quite lonely here haven't you?"

Shit. New plan. Raioyris' rolls to his feet in the snow.

With a brisk wave, Raioyris prepares a bed of icy spikes in the snow under his foe (mage power).

Raioyris throws his finger forward, signalling a fusillade of icy javelins (from previous turn), then in a blink he bounds in a flip.

Swinging his locus to enhance his spin, Raioyris unleashes his heel upon his foe in a reckless meteor smash, hopefully propelling him into the spikes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:42:34 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2017, 06:02:29 am »

Raioyris coughs and grins eagerly, "You....

You've been quite lonely here haven't you?"

Shit. New plan. Raioyris' rolls to his feet in the snow.

Raioyris prepares a bed of icy spikes in the snow under his foe (mage power).

Raioyris throws his finger forward, signalling a fusillade of icy javelins, then in a blink he bounds in a flip.

Swinging his locus to enhance his spin, Raioyris unleashes his heel upon his foe in a reckless meteor smash.

"This world is as it should be. Before the exodus of man. Before the fall of Terra."

The icy javelins (auto 1-hit) emerge from the ground below. {No dodge} The spirit is caught off-guard by the intrusion of Raioyris' power into this space, and impaled by spears from all angles.

Immobilized (1), Bleed (2)

"Why spend your waking hours in a world full of ruin?" it croaks, blood gushing from the corner of its lips.
"Why waste a life..."

The spirit rests its fingertips on the icy spear through its chest. Blood runs across its surface, covering it, crystallizing in a shining layer of ruby-red. In moonlight, however, it appears black.

[4 -> 3] Raioyris propels himself into the air. {8 ->> 0} The ancient spirit raises the black spear of blood, hoping to intercept its foe, but Rai's spin brushes the spear aside and his heel connects with the spirit's outstretched arms. Both plunge into the snow, [4 -> 1] into the icicles. Steam begins to rise.

The snow melts away, but the icicles remain, impaling Rai's foe on all sides from below. The spirit's face, though stricken with horror moments ago, now turns to meet Rai's gaze with a malevolent grin.
The spirit's body drops down from the icicles, their tips melted away and covered in steaming blood. Pools of red liquid collect at the bottom of the crater, melting away the snow like hot magma.

Rai, having lept off his foe's head and landed meters away, meets his new foe as it climbs out of the crater, its bloodsoaked feet sizzling as they touch the ground. Having completed its transformation, its sleeves are torn to ribbons, and save for its face, it holds the form of a yeti. The black spear of blood, once a short spear of ice, now reveals its true length, having built up a haft of crystallized blood.

"I shall never meet a limit in my own realm. How long will you last?"

And with that, the being swings its spear in Raioyris' direction. {8 -> 4!} Globs of superheated blood fly out, and Raioyris, while admirably dodging, [8 ->> 3] takes a hit in the right arm. The blood tries to eat away at his flesh.

The frost on the wall crystallizes into to smooth icicles, needle-sized, forming a prickly layer over the wall.

The ice needles then start to bleed, from the tips. Raioyris continues to read, sitting in a steadily-growing pool of blood.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2017, 06:29:06 am »

"I've already done that for a living in the past, but now it's just part of business. Besides, the most recent member of the group helped as well. One of the Absalom's smaller arms patted the Locus-less Azure in a friendly manner for a robotic limb just as Gilles said the last part. Part of the payment was the other man's, of course, though Gilles still wished he knew the previously-cocooned man's name.

"Eugenius and Cynthia, anything you'd be interested in? Cynthia, you do need a new weapon, right? Gilles unlocked the heavy metal box from his suit's back and rested it on the floor to show off the goods while whistling a merry tune. It was then that he noticed something odd with Raioyris. "...What's up with Rai? Millenus, could you check?

Offer goods, visually check on Raioyris' well-being and have Millenus also do so unless he's still repairing himself.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02:44 pm »

"It would seem that those icicles are bleeding. Mildly concerning. Perhaps we should attempt to extract the magician from his trance?"

Inspect Raioyris for any internal injuries.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »

"Should we run?"

Prepare to run regardless of the answer:

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2017, 01:28:15 am »

"Arrrgggghhhhh-" Raioyris growls suddenly, wobbling forward.

His hands clasp his head as he emits a pained roar, "AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!"

His heart rate skyrockets as his inner body contorts, nerves run up against nerves as the elasticity of his organs are tried. Raioyris' body may be comprised of Pandora cells but his biology functions like a regular human's.

Raioyris emerges from his transformation, (Strength:4 Speed:2 Reflexes:0 Constitution:4). Bringing forth his sword, Raioyris unleashes a heavy blast of fire which he propels with his lungs in addition to commanding the spirits of the air to rush forward.

His sword glows orange as the super heated flames pass by, Raioyris leaps forward swinging his heated sword in a punishing arc.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:31:03 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2017, 04:47:56 am »

"Should we run?"

"I don't see any reason to. We should, however, see if that blood is Raioyris and check what's happening with him."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2017, 03:27:01 am »

So to clarify, this has been done before once in the game. You can do the equivalent of a heavy attack as a normal action, even if it's not an attack. This is just called a Focus Action, it has the exact same rules as a heavy attack. I've added it to9 the rules.
I also never specified the difficulty of the constitution test for heavy attacks. It is the difficulty of succeeding +1.

"I've already done that for a living in the past, but now it's just part of business. Besides, the most recent member of the group helped as well. One of the Absalom's smaller arms patted the Locus-less Azure in a friendly manner for a robotic limb just as Gilles said the last part. Part of the payment was the other man's, of course, though Gilles still wished he knew the previously-cocooned man's name.

"Eugenius and Cynthia, anything you'd be interested in? Cynthia, you do need a new weapon, right? Gilles unlocked the heavy metal box from his suit's back and rested it on the floor to show off the goods while whistling a merry tune. It was then that he noticed something odd with Raioyris. "...What's up with Rai? Millenus, could you check?

Offer goods, visually check on Raioyris' well-being and have Millenus also do so unless he's still repairing himself.

Gilles' stock is formidable. No artifacts of note, those are rare and expensive. Though the same could be said of Gilles' powersuit, there is not enough luck in the world for one man to have both.
Cynthia is busy with Solj. The Magician lingers over, furtively glancing into the box while feigning disinterest.
"Lack of a gun is the least of my worries. Though it looks like our friend is busy. I will seek out a weapon for her."

He picks out a railgun with a casing that looks like a carbon fiber tuning fork wrapped across a barrel while given a stock and receiver.
"Forgive me if I test this one out..." he casually asks before pulling the trigger, the barrel aimed high in the air.

{4 -> 3} He stops the bullet in mid-air. One of his amulets just flashed a burst of green, but only for a moment.

"Hmm, it lacks strength. It is certainly an upgrade, however. How is the condition?"
The weapon itself may have belonged to a noble at some point before it arrived at your source, but it isn't ancient materiel.

Millenus seems to have inserted the claws he grew into his shoulders, and they are now dissolving slowly as his body retrieves the spent nutrients. His arm is back, though.
He nods, and approaches the grotesque mural on the wall. His face shows no sign of fear.

"Should we run?"

Prepare to run regardless of the answer:

Johan backs away toward the door. He feels a cold wind from the tunnels the party came from, as if they've gotten even colder.

"Arrrgggghhhhh-" Raioyris growls suddenly, wobbling forward.

His hands clasp his head as he emits a pained roar, "AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!"

His heart rate skyrockets as his inner body contorts, nerves run up against nerves as the elasticity of his organs are tried. Raioyris' body may be comprised of Pandora cells but his biology functions like a regular human's.

Raioyris emerges from his transformation, (Strength:4 Speed:2 Reflexes:0 Constitution:4). Bringing forth his sword, Raioyris unleashes a heavy blast of fire which he propels with his lungs in addition to commanding the spirits of the air to rush forward.

His sword glows orange as the super heated flames pass by, Raioyris leaps forward swinging his heated sword in a punishing arc.

[3 -> 2] Raioyris transmogrifies his form, changing his physical properties. His opponent extricates itself fully from its premature grave.

Then, knowing that pure flame would be ineffective, he commands the snow to rise and take on the form of fire, [4 -> 3] turning a vortex of ice into a blazing inferno.
The blazing inferno travels forward; Raioyris makes contact with his enemy at the same time as he is bathed in tongues of fire, but the flames should obey him.

Should. That is the question. Doesn't this being have some level of control over his realm, more than that of an outsider?

[Constitution 7 -> 2 (Failed!)] The flames double back, answering the question handily. But with great resolve Raioyris resolves through the blaze, and emerges charred to the bone, sliding across the snow, his sword bathed in blood.
In shock from the pain, the mystical being loses control of the blaze, and becomes engulfed. As the being burns away into ash, Raioyris catches a glimpse of the final stage of its transformation: A wolf's head.

The earth shutters, avalanches fall in the distance, and a roar engulfs the shadows. This world is collapsing. A snowy mist rises as the ground is disturbed.

As the fog engulfs all, clothing Raioyris' dying body in pure white mist, the mountains let out one final groan.

"Perhaps this world has weakened my mind.

That is enough. This world will be gone in a matter of seconds.

I shall come to yours, and perhaps you will guide me..."

"It would seem that those icicles are bleeding. Mildly concerning. Perhaps we should attempt to extract the magician from his trance?"

Inspect Raioyris for any internal injuries.

The ice melts, and mixes with the water. Raioyris stops reading the book.

It seems something has changed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:59:26 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2017, 12:26:28 pm »

Raioyris scratches the back of his head,"Yeah, sorry guys- I zoned out a bit back there.

Everythings OK right?"
Raioyris shoots some worried glances around the room.

Hermia reunites with Raioyris.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2017, 06:12:47 pm »

Johan's eyebrows curl in suspicion. "Yeah, everything's been fine, except for the part where some bloody icicles appeared."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37