Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189688 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1485 on: January 17, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »

Well spruce has no + to fire or turney, so yeah it's useless for tool making.  It will make good lutes though.

Are lutes actually in demand and worth making?

instruments in general are in fairly high demand--though they required resources which are also in demand to make.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 17, 2017, 03:39:47 pm »

wood's expensive, if you need to buy it for each and every hut you make.

This may vary by area, but I pay about 100 monies total in pine and nails for each hut I build. Not expensive at all.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:44:17 pm by Folly »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1487 on: January 17, 2017, 03:42:28 pm »

You messed up the quotes! :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 17, 2017, 03:55:34 pm »

My new area I am trying out. Lots of medium quality iron up north and some stone nearby. I'm working on a road right now. Any suggestions?
You have some very high quality River and Bank. You may want to consider setting up some sandpits and fishing boats.
You have a lot of tundra which you could set up hunting camps upon...but hunting tools are expensive and the meat-market is somewhat saturated, so that is probably not your most profitable venture.
Your limestone is not excellent quality, but you have a lot of it. Churning out medium-quality limestone from a dozen quarries won't make you super rich, but it will provide steady reliable income.
That iron is your best bet for bigger profits, but you'll need lots of settlers to fully process it into tools and/or weapons and armor. I would advise putting that off until you are a bit more established.

You messed up the quotes! :P
Fix'd.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1489 on: January 17, 2017, 04:01:12 pm »

I hadn't considered the rivers. I will probably go that route once I get a quarry up and turning out some middling quality stone.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 17, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »

wood's expensive, if you need to buy it for each and every hut you make.

This may vary by area, but I pay about 100 monies total in pine and nails for each hut I build. Not expensive at all.
Admittedly, I'm usually only pricing out the higher-bonus woods (oak, etc.), and I'm usually also looking for decent quality (at least 3*) - which tends to be (much) more expensive. I suppose if you don't care about the quality of your huts/houses (which, admittedly, for most of them you don't really care) you could probably buy up tons of 1/2* pine (or other low-bonus wood) for a much more reasonable price.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:41 pm »

for what it's worth (and i'm pretty far south, temp i usually between 4 and 10), my early money makers have been
- hunting boar meat => sausage, but that requires > 0 AFAIK
- vegetable garden

What i'm spending my money on : bricks mainly

I'd say there are two kinds of markets : npc (sausages/vegetables for example) and players (construction materials, tools, ...)
for npc market i think all kinds of qualities have an opportunity, as the npcs will look for quality based on their happiness, for players ... i think it depends. If i take my case as an example, i'm producing some high Q bricks, but nowhere enough to fuel my expansion (working on it now though ...), so i'm building peasant houses with bough low Q bricks, stone for skill affecting buildings (i happen to have some granite),  and nice bricks when i do have some for a few high Q houses for resting.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 17, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »

The problem with bricks is that they require 3 actions to produce(harvest clay, harvest wood, fire bricks, 4 actions if you process the wood to charcoal), and end up being one of the lowest strength building materials. It's far easier and just as effective to produce sandstone or limestone for your buildings. This makes bricks sub-optimal for either building or selling.

Most of my NPC's demand goods in the 50-80% quality range(with some exceptions of course). Bearing that in mind, when I go to sell goods that only NPC's will buy, I always price them competitively with other sellers at the lower end of that range. When selling things that actual people buy, I do the opposite, making my prices competitive with the highest quality goods available on the market.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 17, 2017, 06:02:17 pm »

the issue with stone (granite) is it takes much longer to build the houses though.
I'd say clay is not really an issue, first, it's basically free 0.01 on the market , you need 2000 for 15 bricks, that's basically 1.2 per brick.
You don't want to use charcoal unless you want high Q bricks, using wood uses only  750Kg , which is 2 beech units. whereas you need 750kg of charcoal too, which takes about twice as much wood.

I didn't try building with other stones than granite, granted they're "softer" than granite in real life, maybe they don't add so much to build time ? i'll need to check !

edit: i just checked, and limestone basically multiplies build times by 2 compared to bricks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:48:41 pm by Finndibaenn »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 17, 2017, 07:43:37 pm »

Interesting - did you know that if there's a skill that you're missing, you can click on the little "?" portrait and the game will show you any of the units that have that skill?

It's how I just found out that one of my woodsmen apparently has the needed skill in goldsmithery to make a goldsmith's shop.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 17, 2017, 07:50:37 pm »

"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I also melt a little gold on the side ifyouknowwhatI'msaying."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 17, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »

But does he also hang around in bars?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 17, 2017, 11:36:30 pm »

But does he also hang around in bars?

Only once they're implemented in-game :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:58 am »

Why did some jerk have to add 400 pavises to the market priced just 0.01 above the minimum? >_<

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 18, 2017, 06:51:11 am »

Why did some jerk have to add 400 pavises to the market priced just 0.01 above the minimum? >_<

Doesn't that mean they are super cheap regardless? I think if you put it at exactly the minimum the XXXX buy order will just suck them up.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 161