Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189690 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1470 on: January 16, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »

If you can afford the startup costs, I've pulled quite a bit of money out of my hunter whose shelter is in the middle of the city. If you can put a shelter down on some shrubland, this will give a bonus to hunting as well. The problem, of course, is that bows and such are really expensive right now, particularly with the whole winter lockdown on agricultural stuff, leaving no hemp to make bows.

I'd really wish they'd change the behavior for units moving to auto-produce, so that they won't move around if the location they're at will provide the same quality stuff as anywhere else. My leatherworker keeps jumping between his shop and the archery shop, presumably to make quivers(at a much higher quality than my bowmaker), never stopping to actually make the quivers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 16, 2017, 06:51:16 pm »

Would any of you be willing to share some good "money-makers"?

I know how profitable vegetable gardens can be... but given my location that's not going to be possible.
Right now I have 2 toolmakers and an armorer working on automatic producing a few goods, but it doesn't seem to be enough to handle the gigantic demands my people have for happiness, apparently. I have 35 units now and my average happiness is 18%, and the downtime after actions is getting to be annoying. I have high quality houses but that doesn't seem to be making enough of an impact.
Would help to know your location and further details of what you can produce I guess, but I can just check that out when I see your base.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:10 pm »

If you have clay AND stone--you can quarry the stone for a tidy profit. Or vice versa. Nails are always in demand. Of course, I make a lot of money from toolmaking--I have a large forge with 3 toolmakers, usually enough for my own people, keep some in stock, and sell for profit, and I have 60 units.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 16, 2017, 07:04:39 pm »

I know how profitable vegetable gardens can be... but given my location that's not going to be possible.
Right now I have 2 toolmakers and an armorer working on automatic producing a few goods, but it doesn't seem to be enough to handle the gigantic demands my people have for happiness, apparently. I have 35 units now and my average happiness is 18%, and the downtime after actions is getting to be annoying. I have high quality houses but that doesn't seem to be making enough of an impact.
Would help to know your location and further details of what you can produce I guess, but I can just check that out when I see your base.

Here's a link to where I am: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00917W23091N

As far as toolmaking goes, I have them set to produce axes, shovels, hammers, pickaxes, and hoes, while my armorer produces pikes, mail shirts, arm and leg armors, and helmets.
It might look like I have a good chunk of money right now but I'll probably end up paying 30% of that just as wages to try and help the ridiculous happiness situation I'm in.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 16, 2017, 07:37:00 pm »

1) Hmmm... tools probably go for 100, at most.

If you are willing to try, turning your medium forge into the armoury and seeing what quality Pikes/Spears you can make with your toolmaker.  Not the armourer, toolmaker.
If you can get at least 70% quality also(the same as your sledgehammer), you can sell that stuff for 200-ish each.

2) https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00946W23089N
Set-up hunters post there.  That +18 to hunting.  You'd have to invest in bow+arrow.
Looks like you can only hunt Bison/Reindeer at that temperature, but once the temperature goes above 0 degrees, hunt all the Boars.  Not really a great income, but it'll pay for itself and then some overtime.
(Hides if you so choose, could probably be sold at max, depending on the quality.)

3) Tannin
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00947W23082N
You can automatically collect tannin with a: https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/craft:tanner
Tannin is used to make leather, you could sell leather at about 150-200-ish each, or make stuff with it yourself.
(You can use the hides your hunter gets)

4) Iron Ore --> Iron
Sell extra Iron to the NPC.  You probably ain't getting any better then that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:40:22 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 16, 2017, 07:48:44 pm »

1) Hmmm... tools probably go for 100, at most.

If you are willing to try, turning your medium forge into the armoury and seeing what quality Pikes/Spears you can make with your toolmaker.  Not the armourer, toolmaker.
If you can get at least 70% quality also(the same as your sledgehammer), you can sell that stuff for 200-ish each.

2) https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00946W23089N
Set-up hunters post there.  That +18 to hunting.  You'd have to invest in bow+arrow.
Looks like you can only hunt Bison/Reindeer at that temperature, but once the temperature goes above 0 degrees, hunt all the Boars.  Not really a great income, but it'll pay for itself and then some overtime.
(Hides if you so choose, could probably be sold at max, depending on the quality.)

3) Tannin
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00947W23082N
You can automatically collect tannin with a: https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/craft:tanner
Tannin is used to make leather, you could sell leather at about 150-200-ish each, or make stuff with it yourself.
(You can use the hides your hunter gets)

4) Iron Ore --> Iron
Sell extra Iron to the NPC.  You probably ain't getting any better then that.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate you taking the time to do that, I'll give it a shot!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1476 on: January 17, 2017, 07:33:22 am »

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00757W30552N

My new area I am trying out. Lots of medium quality iron up north and some stone nearby. I'm working on a road right now. Any suggestions?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 17, 2017, 08:45:19 am »

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00757W30552N

My new area I am trying out. Lots of medium quality iron up north and some stone nearby. I'm working on a road right now. Any suggestions?
You'll definitely want to try to expand towards the forest to the south - wood's expensive, if you need to buy it for each and every hut you make.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1478 on: January 17, 2017, 08:50:35 am »

Indeed. I'm hoping large scale iron production will pay for the wood I need in the short term. Not much to lose though if this turns out to be untenable.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:13 am »

Anyone have any idea how long it takes Barely to grow?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 17, 2017, 11:30:00 am »

Welp, the domain that is keeping me from expanding appears inactive. Even worse, their character is holed up in a castle... in yet another persons domain further north.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 17, 2017, 11:45:40 am »

You'll have to make your appeal to the person hosting the inactive...

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 17, 2017, 01:28:53 pm »

Am I being daft or is Spruce like the only wood not suitable for tool production for some arbitrary reason?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 17, 2017, 01:40:14 pm »

Well spruce has no + to fire or turney, so yeah it's useless for tool making.  It will make good lutes though.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 17, 2017, 01:45:01 pm »

Well spruce has no + to fire or turney, so yeah it's useless for tool making.  It will make good lutes though.

Are lutes actually in demand and worth making?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 161