Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189823 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1335 on: January 12, 2017, 06:17:49 am »

How the hell do you manage your units happiness? Do they buy the crap they need themselves? Or do you have to have small piles of it yourself?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 12, 2017, 06:42:03 am »

Every day, a midnight server time, your money is deducted based on the wage setting in your domain's finances page and distributed to your units. Every hour, your units will attempt to acquire stuff they want using this money, first buying from the domain's stocks(which bypasses trade tax, I think), then the market. If they find what they want, they gain happiness. If they don't, they lose happiness. If they don't but find a substitute, the help files say it should not change, but I've noticed it decrease.

Also note that units carry this money on them - if they're reduced to 0% fatigue from an attack, the attacker gains this money. This means it's actually possible to just raid an enemy to steal their cash without killing anyone, as it requires reducing a unit to 0% before attacking again to actually kill. Also important that higher level units get their pay multiplied - a Level 3 unit at 10% wages gets paid as if wages were 30%, meaning that it costs more to maintain high-level units, though this cost is partially offset by taxes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 12, 2017, 07:21:54 am »

As I currently see it, the Delasagne has the proper casus belli in this war for revenge.
Oh, they do - I killed their lord because I needed their permission to expand, and since I'd never seen them online (although I could tell that they were active), I killed their lord, expanded, and sent a message that said "sorry, dude, needed to expand - I won't attack again." Then I forgot about it.
Apparently the other guy took it poorly, and decided to train up a bunch of troops - thus this spat.

I'm certainly not saying that I'm free of blame here.  :P

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 12, 2017, 10:20:21 am »

Well anyways, the war is lost now. She has a couple of big players willing to intervene on her behalf. I strongly urge you to seek a peace agreement.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2017, 11:06:31 am »

As I currently see it, the Delasagne has the proper casus belli in this war for revenge.
Oh, they do - I killed their lord because I needed their permission to expand, and since I'd never seen them online (although I could tell that they were active), I killed their lord, expanded, and sent a message that said "sorry, dude, needed to expand - I won't attack again." Then I forgot about it.
Apparently the other guy took it poorly, and decided to train up a bunch of troops - thus this spat.

Ya... You dun goofed. You may be looking at the very real possibility having to start over.

As a word of warning guys you really need to do your homework before killing inactives or attempting to liquidate domains.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 12, 2017, 11:28:56 am »

The game is a roleplaying game, not a conquest simulator. The entire geo-political basis of some world powers is setup just to crush 'aggressive war-mongering murderers' that behave exactly as you have. He didn't take your actions poorly, they are the very real result of your murder, and just about anyone would do the exact same thing. If someone had hit a b12er like this, we'd all be there in hours to burn everything they had down.

Now the person you hit was independent and alone, but that won't mean she will not receive help. There are a lot of big powers that will send her huge armies with more than enough power to crush you. Huge cities of players that have been playing for months have been crushed into dust for the same behavior.

There are really only two outcomes here: your total surrender, or your total annihilation.

My advice is start over completely somewhere else, with a new name. That way you can have a 'clean' reputation and know not to hit active players.

If you want to try to keep your stuff I'd suggest offering her your main characters head, and your complete disarmament of military as reparations. You probably can't avoid being vassalized as well.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 12, 2017, 11:42:57 am »

Alright you guys have my interest in joining in on this game. How do I(/should I) start out?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 12, 2017, 12:17:03 pm »

Alright you guys have my interest in joining in on this game. How do I(/should I) start out?

Create account. Log in. Find place to create a domain. I would suggest looking North--way North--but not WAY way North. That's where most of the Bay12ers are.

Look between the latitudes of Camorrie or Jesi to the South and the tip of Pravus in the North--stay the FUCK away from Rouge (EDIT: Also you may want to give Hispania wide berth, they're new and expansionist--though rarely violent.) There's a Bay12er map floating around somewhere...

Ideally you want at least plentiful wood, some manner of mineral deposit (either a metal, precious metal, or gemstone,) and Stone. Granite and Basalt preferred, Schist is useless ATM.

That's the basics.

It's winter, which means you can't farm up North. Long term, you may want to look for some quality plains or meadows. You can still hunt though, shrubland woods will give you bonuses to that.

Try and give yourself a little room to expand when you choose your location.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:19:36 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 12, 2017, 12:31:48 pm »

When I roam the map and the rankings list observing the world, I spend most of it focused on the big powers. Sometimes it gets a little repetitive. Everybody is building knights and enough industries to be largely self-sufficient. They're all somewhere between 15-60% of the way towards completing their initial walls.

So, I really enjoyed looking through the logs of the battle between AlStar and Blanche. Two moderately-developed domains engaging in harsh violence against one another. A bunch of peasant soldiers swinging scythes. Innocent pork butchers murdered, their bodies left in the dirt of a low quality east-west street. At one point the peasant standing next to Blanche (his name is Lecocq) was practically bleeding to death from the ultimately non-fatal attempt Alstar made on his life. For the past month I have been playing with the assumption that if someone wanted to, they could wipe out my settlers overnight while I slept. But watching these battles makes me think damage takes more time and effort to inflict due to the attacker losing stamina with every swipe plus the ability for well-equipped civilians to counterattack.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 12, 2017, 02:13:54 pm »

Ya... You dun goofed. You may be looking at the very real possibility having to start over.

As a word of warning guys you really need to do your homework before killing inactives or attempting to liquidate domains.
Eh, I sent them a peace proposal. If they take it, great. If not, then I'll fight some more. Thus far, the only outside influence I've seen at work is a small neighbor sending a squad of peasant warriors to kill some of my workers - if any of the larger powers are interested, they've not done anything about it.

If huge armies do descend on me and my realm is destroyed to the point that it no longer becomes fun, I'll stop playing - not a big deal.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:23 pm »

Well, the Lord of Hispania is headed to my realm directly.

How charming! I'm sure he'd like a cup of tea and some crumpets.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 12, 2017, 02:27:37 pm »

Lords cannot fight well without their horses, so you are fine.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2017, 02:28:17 pm »

WOOO!!! 100 pages.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1348 on: January 12, 2017, 02:29:08 pm »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 12, 2017, 02:31:28 pm »

WOOO!!! 100 pages.
Nah just 30 so far :P

You must have your posts-per-page number up then. It's 100 on default.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 161