Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189816 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1305 on: January 11, 2017, 12:31:34 pm »

I do wish titles were a little looser in their requirements.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1306 on: January 11, 2017, 12:41:21 pm »

Hmm... so I built a road extension through one tile called 'chalky soil' and all it required was the digging skill. The next tile, also called chalky soil, wouldn't let me build a road extension. I was using the same settler that built the last one, but this time it also required surveying. Why?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 11, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »

Hmm... so I built a road extension through one tile called 'chalky soil' and all it required was the digging skill. The next tile, also called chalky soil, wouldn't let me build a road extension. I was using the same settler that built the last one, but this time it also required surveying. Why?

Is the settler tired by any chance? Their skills will degrade if they are not at top form.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 11, 2017, 12:45:27 pm »

It's possible that the quality changed between the two tiles as well, higher quality chalky soil will have lower penalties.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1309 on: January 11, 2017, 12:46:13 pm »

Aha, that may be it. Didn't realize their skills degraded. Perhaps both tiles required surveying but by the second tile of road he was too tired to perform (giggity)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 11, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »

Or your guy is tired.  Lower stam means reduced skills which mean lower qual and longer work time.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 11, 2017, 01:22:25 pm »

Yea, the average pleb will only have something like, -17 to -20 surveying from what Ive seen so it will easily go under -25 once they are tired.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 11, 2017, 01:50:22 pm »

I am wondering what actually determines the base quality for meat/hide when hunting - is it Meadow(ground) quality?

In the main action window, you should see a Question Mark between 'X Meat' and 'Hunting'. Clicking that question mark will take you to the help page for that meat type, which tells you the skills needed to produce it. In this case the only skill needed is Hunting. If you then click the word 'Hunting', that will take you to the help page for the Hunting skill, which lists all of the terrain types, building types, unit types, attribute types, and equipment types which can affect the Hunting skill, and also tells you how much each will affect the Hunting skill at 50% quality. The exact formula for final quality varies between products, but generally you just want to get the biggest numbers you can for the best quality you can manage.

The same method can be used to find the best ways to produce most any product, as well as build high quality buildings.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 11, 2017, 06:30:31 pm »

Finally figured out why my toolmaker was wandering over to the nailmaker's forge... I think. He had Chisel auto-production activated(even though I have it deactivated globally), and the nail factory has a higher quality than the toolsmith's. Indeed, the toolmaker can make nails better than the nailmaker can, though the toolmaker cannot auto-produce them.

...I still haven't replied to Greensili about his alliance offer. I don't want an unnecessary alliance, though a NAP will suffice. Still a bit worried about his request to personally come to his castle. Call me paranoid... but I still haven't found the button to create an heir :-[.

EDIT: Found it! My heir is actually kinda hot...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:32:13 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 11, 2017, 06:40:17 pm »

I think if the building quality of the nail factory is higher than the tool factory he'll wander over to make chisels?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 11, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »

Apparently I managed to piss off the neighbors. A strike force came over and killed a bunch of my workers, although my lord was sitting safe in his castle. I struck back and killed some military units, but I probably should've waited for closer force parity - I didn't realize it's pretty much impossible to flee combat once the fighting starts - so ended up losing some units.

If anyone's interested in joining in the fun, the enemy lord is Blanche Delasagne, and her wooden castle is still 7 hours from completion....

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »

I think if the building quality of the nail factory is higher than the tool factory he'll wander over to make chisels?

That's what I was thinking, too. Except that I have auto-production of chisels turned off from the global resources page(and just shut it off on his actions screen), so he should not be trying to make chisels at all. Might switch the two specializations around, if the nail factory is better. I've got a pretty good stockpile of nails already, so I might even switch out the nails for an armory. I could use me some swords and pikes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 11, 2017, 06:52:04 pm »

Ya idk--it happened to me once too, but hasn't since happened since upgrading my tool factory.

Ya armory is beast, some stuff goes for quite a bit--I make a tidy penny off of shields.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 11, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »

If it's enabled in the unit actions page, they'll automatically move to the location to do it, but won't actually produce the item unless the order is enabled for both the resource and the unit. The individual autoproduction order for the unit is turned on again every time that unit is manually told to do that task, but the domain-wide resource order should stay off unless you enable it again.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1319 on: January 11, 2017, 08:13:02 pm »

Welp, I need shovels. I guess I'll sell wood and stone until I have enough money to buy some. Trying to train a quarry unit so I have some automated stone income.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 161