Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189893 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1290 on: January 10, 2017, 06:06:51 pm »

Both I believe.  From https://www.landsoflords.com/help/act/calculation, the multiplier represents the amount of work required in that skill.  More work means more time required and a higher weighting on that skill towards the final quality.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 10, 2017, 06:08:51 pm »

Beware. Theobald Greensili just sent me a message asking me to "come to his castle to sign an alliance and pact of non aggression". I don't trust it, not the least because of him attacking (inactive I think) people around his domain. And the fact that he's currently beating up some girl in his castle while some veteran soldiers watch on. This could get bad. He's the closest large domain near me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »

And the fact that he's currently beating up some girl in his castle while some veteran soldiers watch on. This could get bad.

:o

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 10, 2017, 07:10:59 pm »

Seems to me that the girl attacked first.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 10, 2017, 07:16:34 pm »

That is true, I suppose. Looks like she's been there a while. Sparring?

Still, should I expose my character to possible danger and travel there? I refuse any alliance at the moment, though an NAP sounds good... albeit one-sided as I lack a military of any sort. For now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 11, 2017, 12:52:41 am »

Anyone have any thoughts on the gods? I've got a brand new temple and priest.

Currently eyeing Kastau (for building +'s), Urgos (for stat +'s), or Baighon (for the +fire).

I'd love to worship a weirwood tree instead, but I expect it'd need to be in my domain - and I don't think they grow anywhere nearby.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 11, 2017, 01:17:55 am »

I went with Kastau - winter is mostly removing the relevance of the penalties where I am, and I'll always be building things so the benefits are always relevant.

I considered Rsel'Or for the smithing stuff, but I wasn't sure how big of an impact the -2 Ag would have (didn't want to find that otherwise decently statted units no longer met the requirements to train as my choice of profession).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 11, 2017, 01:19:35 am »

I personally will be going with the one who grants bonuses to smithing.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 11, 2017, 03:30:30 am »

I personally will be going with the one who grants bonuses to smithing.
Smithing classes require Agility.  It might still be a net gain.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 11, 2017, 05:13:35 am »

Anyone have any experience with hunting?

Currently I am using a Hunter Shelter with a normal Settler (-9 Hunting skill) and I'm getting 0 quality meat/hide. I'm thinking of making him a hunter, but it's quite an investment due to high prices for bows/arrows. I am wondering what actually determines the base quality for meat/hide when hunting - is it Meadow(ground) quality?

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 11, 2017, 05:25:27 am »

I think the quality of your equipment and maybe the Hunting skill (based on unit level and tile they're on) determines the quality. I've got a level 4 Hunter with good equipment sitting on a +19 ancient oak tree and his hunting is +63 and I'm getting 79% quality meat.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 11, 2017, 05:27:27 am »

Two really useful aspects to the UI that I somehow didn't know about during my first three weeks of playing:

1. If you left click on the "end product" you can see what quality is going to be. I spent the first three weeks only knowing if something would be low, medium, or high quality.  :-\

2. In the upper left corner of the Units screen there is that X with arrows icon. It allows you to filter by unit type. Super helpful and something that will speed up my micromanagement significantly.

DevilRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:31 am »

@Vibe
The hunting skill of a unit will determine the quality of the outputs.
A meadow will provide a bonus to the hunting skill of between 0-20
The hunter shelter will also provide a bonus of between 0-20
If you train a unit into a hunter it will gain a skill bonus of 5/lvl as well as bonuses from its equipment (dependent on their quality)

Bows 0-20
Arrows 0-10
Quivers 0-2
Spears (optional) 0-20

The exact equation for determining the output is beyond me but using these numbers you can work out what has the strongest influence on output quality and determine the best way to improve it.

Edit:also a small bonus from the unit's Ag/St/Wi stats

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 11, 2017, 11:21:49 am »

With an eye at upgrading my lordship to the next level up (Duke? Can't check right now) I decided to spawn an heir and have her gather up three of the little inactive domains that had sprouted up around my settlement in the time since it became no longer worthwhile to go around liquidating them.

The plan is going to be to get some minimal level of industry going - just enough to pay the bills, basically - then put up a barracks and turn something like 50% of the peasants into soldiers, so that my main domain doesn't have to sacrifice the manpower.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:25:23 am by AlStar »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:35 am »

Hmmm that is a decent idea you got AlStar... 
I just picked up an inactive neighbor that I'll eventually surround and it could be a good idea to use them as a troop center rather then liquidating.  It is fairly useless, except for passive stone income.

@Hunting Market: Reindeer and Bison meat market, if you are in the north, are saturated and competitive.  Unless you can break higher then 95%.  I'm only barely hitting 91% and getting bogged down by competitors selling lower then me as the top guy collects all the monies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 161