Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189435 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »

*Gasp* 11000 tokens yay!

At 11368 needed for my wood castle, so that is going to save a few days.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 22, 2016, 09:23:11 pm »

Deo, domt other with the castle speed-up. make huts, huts everywhere! forget houses - huts are cost effective. Make sprawls of "four huts", upgrade em later.

You'll like all the workers who will massively improve your productivity, speeds it up massively!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:56 pm »

Deo, domt other with the castle speed-up. make huts, huts everywhere! forget houses - huts are cost effective. Make sprawls of "four huts", upgrade em later.

You'll like all the workers who will massively improve your productivity, speeds it up massively!

The problem with huts is that they still need to be built next to "streets".
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 22, 2016, 09:38:01 pm »

So how does attacking work, anyway?  I know if you build walls around something, you can block attackers, but does that mean you have to have every section of the wall/towers manned?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2016, 09:40:24 pm »

what should i do with half green ppl? give them some shitty job like harvesting forests or leave them be? do they regain strenght when doing nothing?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »

There's some other limitation, I think. It might be you have to build them near houses as well.

Things are going pretty smoothly for me. I've got a farmhouse being built in about 3 days, to facilitate the breeding of chickens. My first bowmaker is being trained. I've got a quarryman punching out cheap limestone constantly.

I just made another domain expansion that gave me some mid-quality larches. It seems that territory borders are hard-set on the map, they're just invisible until you they're claimed. My new expansion is my direct north, when I wanted the big forest to the NW. At least I got a single tile of clay.

what should i do with half green ppl? give them some shitty job like harvesting forests or leave them be? do they regain strenght when doing nothing?
Leave them be. I think moving them onto houses will make them recover faster. But at 50%, they're not going to be very useful.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »

Leave them be. I think moving them onto houses will make them recover faster. But at 50%, they're not going to be very useful.

Wait, are you saying "workers" perform worse the lower their condition is? I mean it makes sense, I just wasn't at all aware that was the case (assuming it is).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 22, 2016, 09:54:38 pm »

Wait, are you saying "workers" perform worse the lower their condition is? I mean it makes sense, I just wasn't at all aware that was the case (assuming it is).

That is the case. And I believe their recovery speed is based on happiness.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 22, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »

Yeah, they go slower (A lot slower, most often you'll save a pretty large amount of time by letting them rest up between jobs), I'm fairly sure they produce less quality, and in some cases (in fact, pretty often) it'll prevent them from doing certain jobs at all.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 22, 2016, 10:11:20 pm »

I just wasn't at all aware that was the case (assuming it is).
They basically lose skill temporarily. Not a problem when joining an ongoing project, but not something you want to happen when they are harvesting your crops and the like.
There's some other limitation, I think. It might be you have to build them near houses as well.
Streets are already houses/huts. You might be thinking of roads there.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 22, 2016, 10:24:39 pm »

Also, returns on grouping people on construction is diminishing.

After 3 guys, its not even worth it: plus, it screws that overall quality.

Typically, you want to specialize who does what. Once you've got plenty of units (Kuro, for example, has a whopping 112 settlers and growing by the day. o.O) you'll be training bricklayers, carpenters, roofers, diggers, architects, etc, all of which are great at some things and suck at others.

Also, material quality. Oak and birch are solid across the board, and typically the best wood to build with. Buying/producing higher quality of those woods is seriously worth it. Chestnut too, if you've got it - but its expensive as hell to buy. (Great to sell, though!) I spend tons of money on high quality wood, because it makes a huge difference in end-result building quality, which impacts everything else. Happiness / morale regen, defense, offense, any specialties built inside (forge, basketry, jeweler, wheelright, etc.)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 22, 2016, 10:35:06 pm »

Speaking of getting more people, is there ever any soft or hard cap on growth? As is there seems like there's a pretty hard core loop of build huts/houses->Get more dudes->use more dudes to build more huts/houses. Sure, you gota fund it and syphon off dudes to work on other projects as you go, but that doesn't take much in the grand scheme of things, and I suppose you'll eventually hit a cap on the number of people you're willing to micro around. But still. It's a bit worrisome seeing what looks like exponential growth.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 22, 2016, 11:04:14 pm »

I dont really get all that huts stuff, somewhere i can build them but somewhere not, trying to build it next to the road or on the road but doesnt always work.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:34 pm »

When you're selecting a tile you can go into the help and look for huts (though buildings/houses and dwellings/huts) and it'll have a list of requirements with checkmarks or X saying if you have fulfilled them or not for the square you're on. You both need a road to the north, south, east, or west, and needs to be in contact with either houses, squares, or gates.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2016, 11:20:55 pm »

Seems like huts can only be built next to a square / street, just building roads isn't enough.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 161