Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189375 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #540 on: December 22, 2016, 06:45:40 pm »

uh. why can't I copy text from in game messages? I just received a message entirely in french which I *THINK* says that I am allowed to take an abandoned domain in their lands, as long as I keep it vassal of their lordship and rename it to what they want.
But, all that I could infer just from the similarities between french an italian; a bit of Google translate would be much helpful.

Yes, this is very annoying to me. At least I might be slowly learning French from this.

This is what I've been doing... Not sure about other browsers, but in google chrome you can right click the message and click inspect. Then under elements the text should be right clickable (and choose edit text) and then you can copy it from there into your translator of choice.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 22, 2016, 07:05:27 pm »

uh. why can't I copy text from in game messages? I just received a message entirely in french which I *THINK* says that I am allowed to take an abandoned domain in their lands, as long as I keep it vassal of their lordship and rename it to what they want.
But, all that I could infer just from the similarities between french an italian; a bit of Google translate would be much helpful.

Or you get faster at typing all the french text out yourself in google translate. I'm not great with french myself, but guess I am relearning some of the stuff I've forgotten. 15 years of disuse will rust away a lot.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 22, 2016, 07:06:01 pm »

Yeah for whatever reason they use a very odd text overlay so you can't copy and paste anything, neither open links in new tabs. Makes navigating their ingame forums a bit of a pain.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2016, 07:14:37 pm »

ok so i got a problem now, dunno if i reach some amount of ppl or what but now to build anything i need carpenters etc. but i cant build a school, so what can i do now?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2016, 07:15:35 pm »

ok so i got a problem now, dunno if i reach some amount of ppl or what but now to build anything i need carpenters etc. but i cant build a school, so what can i do now?

Exhausted people lose skill.  Wait for them to recover.  One of them should have enough skill to build a school, or a workshop which can be turned into a carpenters shop (Which can provide training).
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »

Exhausted people lose skill.  Wait for them to recover.  One of them should have enough skill to build a school, or a workshop which can be turned into a carpenters shop (Which can provide training).

can i speed up their recovery somehow?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »

The first day I got 2000, the second 1800, then 1200, and finally 700 today...

Feels bad man...I want one of those 75,000s!

can i speed up their recovery somehow?

Recovery speed is tied to happiness. They'll try to consume something every hour and if they fulfill the need they'll get a happy thought, otherwise they get angry...and even slower to recover. Later you can build a high quality brothel to make your men more energetic though!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 22, 2016, 07:53:44 pm »

So I have a couple more questions.

I made an heir (out of thin heir!) but I don't see a way for her to join my domain. Am I just dumb or is this on purpose?
If the later, is there a good way to find abandoned domains? I don't really look forward to building one from scratch without that monstrous speedup they give your first char.
Finally, how does money enter the game? The manual was no help on this, but seeing as how 10% (well ok, 9.52%) is lost on every market transaction there must be a way to mint/mine/conjure coin into existance or the economy would have gone belly-up ages ago...  :-\
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2016, 08:03:29 pm »

So I have a couple more questions.

I made an heir (out of thin heir!) but I don't see a way for her to join my domain. Am I just dumb or is this on purpose?
If the later, is there a good way to find abandoned domains? I don't really look forward to building one from scratch without that monstrous speedup they give your first char.
Finally, how does money enter the game? The manual was no help on this, but seeing as how 10% (well ok, 9.52%) is lost on every market transaction there must be a way to mint/mine/conjure coin into existance or the economy would have gone belly-up ages ago...  :-\

Gold enters the economy from the market floor, which is represented by the buy order from XXXXXXXXX. This gives each good a minimum price that they can always be sold at immediately, bringing gold into the economy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »

Intended. They're supposed to build new domains.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2016, 08:23:43 pm »

Gold enters the economy from the market floor, which is represented by the buy order from XXX.
That does not sound ideal. Although it would keep inflation in check automatically. Can't decide if it's stupid or genius...  :-\

Intended. They're supposed to build new domains.
I figured as much (but had to check) the real question was
is there a good way to find abandoned domains?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2016, 08:28:56 pm »

so what tax/wages should i set up to keep my peasents happy?:D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2016, 08:31:34 pm »

Hey, question: why is it that my school can only train 1 of each profession?
I'm not sure if this is correct, but if you mean total, I think it can train more. Although not every scrubby peasant can be trained for every job, some of them have such shit stats that they can't do the thing at all ever and so you have to demote their worthless ass to lime burner and they will be nothing but a drain and massive disappointment for the rest of their life Tyler....

Maybe that's causing your issue?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 22, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

That could be it. Hmm... well, will need to figure out something for this dude.

I know some people just straight up kill their peasants to get better ones.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:03 pm »

That could be it. Hmm... well, will need to figure out something for this dude.

I know some people just straight up kill their peasants to get better ones.

How do you do that, and does it work?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 161