Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189410 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2016, 12:01:55 am »

Thing is, most peasants you'll train and they'll automatically plow, hunt, cook, chop, fish, dig, mine, quarry, herd, grow, plough, harvest, smelt, smith, etc.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2016, 12:03:53 am »

Yeah, just look at my domain(s) (Search for Tor Flunk).  I build 4 huts and turn them into streets then move on to build 4 more along the road.  Soon I'll be build some crossings and cause some splits allowing huts in even more directions at once.  The other reason for the splits is for temples and theaters.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2016, 12:24:13 am »

Accidentally settled very close to someone else on the forum. Someone gave coordinates for a nice starting place, but I just dove head first in and didn't realize the size of lands. Took a place that was some ways off the said coordinates. Noticed afterwards that someone else had settled on the exact coordinates that was mentioned here in the forum, so now we're like really close neighbours. My place is called Donnagherland and his/hers is Ironvale. I think that Norfireland to the north is also from bay12? Not sure about Kataclazland right next to him though.

In any case, this game is surprisingly fun. Seems to have plenty of depth at a first glance. Wanted to set up production for bricks, but it seems all the good spots for clay have solid quality trees on 'em, plus they're at the edge of my territory. I'll probably chop some trees if I can't find a better spot. Did train my first farmer and woodcutter though, so there is a bit of progress at least.

Also, I got 55 tokens today. FML.

I'm in Wolockia, Kataclaz is my co-worker.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 23, 2016, 12:25:03 am »

The heartiest of congratulations to our dwarf brothers in Tor Flunk for being in the process of crafting their first beer!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2016, 12:39:19 am »

Who knew beer production would be a by product of setting up a sheep industry.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 23, 2016, 01:01:02 am »

(Terrible) Boar Meat -> (Medium) Sausage appears to be a major money earner. Fast production, too.

And here I thought I'd capitalize on my abundant clay -> pottery, but there just doesn't seem to be enough demand.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 23, 2016, 01:37:57 am »

When I read about the struggles people are having in the north, and when I go and look at their settlements and wonder how the hell I would make money given those conditions, I tremble in fear at whatever horribleness is going to befall the south when the hot summer comes.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 23, 2016, 02:02:27 am »

When I read about the struggles people are having in the north, and when I go and look at their settlements and wonder how the hell I would make money given those conditions, I tremble in fear at whatever horribleness is going to befall the south when the hot summer comes.
Start planting them fruit trees as soon as you can.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 23, 2016, 02:06:25 am »

Don't worry when summer comes your fields won't be useless. Instead we'll be growing hemp (40c!), thousands of acres of rope-grade hemp. Also as Shooer says, fruit trees.

Edit: Also Linen has a decent heat tolerance of 35c

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 23, 2016, 02:51:15 am »

is there a good way to find abandoned domains?

I'm not aware of any super efficient way to look for them, but what I do is use the search function on the map screen to search for the domain name, and go via the title screen to their lord's character screen.

It's faster for names that are still called dynastyname-land, because then the character will also appear in the search results and if he is dead he will show a d after his name.
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 23, 2016, 03:14:25 am »

Did you know, you can get a 2nd and 3rd character who each can start their own domains, with all the random goods to go with it. 

My main character has so far created 4 domains.  2 of them liquidated.  1 handed over to a heir.  The 4th domain, I am clearcutting high quality trees in some random place.  But, its at best medium quality... and is a very common wood, so is not that profitable.  Though, the character is getting experience for it. 

So I guess I'll just clearcut the whole domain.  Money is money, without being too gamey.  ... I already sold off all the free resources and laundered whatever profits I had.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:16:03 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 23, 2016, 04:41:14 am »

Profiteers... profiteers everywhere. *hides his collar of commander of the order of the denier*

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 23, 2016, 05:05:54 am »

Profiteers... profiteers everywhere. *hides his collar of commander of the order of the denier*

Without us, the poor abandoned peasants would starve to death. What is wrong with making a profit while saving them. *grins evily*

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 23, 2016, 05:13:07 am »

I did shed a single tear thinking about those poor souls in search of a master that I had sent to fend for themselves in the cold wilderness of northern Tetra when I liquidated 6 domains two days ago.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 23, 2016, 05:53:35 am »

Note: lanterns are pretty expensive. Get a glass factory going, farm glasswort or mine salt, refine it, and make lanterns, bottles, jars, magnifying lenses, etc. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 161