Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189149 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2016, 11:09:25 pm »

Fun fact: If you demolish your first domain and set-up another, you'll get another cargo load of free loot/peasants.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »

Is it possible for workers to flat out die from a construction? My school is slated for 3 goddamn days with 1 dude who started at top form, kind of wary to put in people who are tired to slightly tired.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »

Of course - you do so ANY time you settle a new domain :)

Just not when taking over. Hence, the risk.

Also, you lose the newbie bonus.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 19, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

They won't die, but when they get done their bar will be fully red and it'll take a while for them to recover.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2016, 11:14:22 pm »

Of course - you do so ANY time you settle a new domain :)

Just not when taking over. Hence, the risk.

Been setting up my second character's domain for a entire day now, still building huts. Losing that helping newbie bonus to get those first house streets really hurts!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2016, 11:15:49 pm »

Nah, Cheedows.

Also, yeah, try not to use tired people.

The construction time bonus is not linear, so you get massively diminished returns as-is, and with a tired guy... You're just screwing your quality and time further.

Never use more than 2-3 guys on a job.

Personally, I never use more than 1 on a job.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2016, 11:16:47 pm »

You only really need 1 street, to be honest. the rest can be branched off from there. 2 is the max I go for until I've got a steady income rolling in.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2016, 11:20:06 pm »

Eh, doesn't really matter.  The newbie bonus is just build time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2016, 11:21:10 pm »

As a heads up. I'm leaving one of my heirs on our island up north, she has a good place and good land around. Pretty peaceful for most part, good resources and its close to most of the others from bay12. The domains are named with a Slaanesh kinda theme sorta.

But, I'll be settling my matriarch down south (pretty far southwest on an island), and my other heir to the far SE area on the mainland (if I'm able to claim the domain before someone else). I want to focus on colonies down south, which I guess a few have settled down there. But it be good down there, help you guys up north.

The matriarch will have access to very good expansion areas, rather good location luckily. Won't be able to claim it till Monday though. It will be an area that is heavy farming (love farming), so will be able to supply food to our alliance.

My heir will have pretty good land too (unless the other dude waiting there beats me to it), has access to diamonds and olives. Would have to import metals though for a while, but copper is "sorta" nearby. I think close enough that I can still expand into it maybe. I think the heir will probably get killed though, some pretty big guys very close by, so if its lost its lost. Especially cause someone already wants the domain :P he might retaliate. Will just get a new heir and find another southern coast place to claim. Honestly don't care "too" much about this heir, because he is male and my matriach and other heir are both female. But I'd rather him live, cause its a pretty nice area. And can use olives :D

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2016, 11:46:25 pm »

Hmmph. I built streets to the south and east, but I want roads north, so I'm stuck upgrading my 4 huts into a street to my north. Dammit.

Thems the breaks. In the future, remember that pretty much everything can be built OVER roads (or they can be easily demolished), but not vice versa.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:07 am »

Pioneering a new method of funds transfer. I thought it would probably work, but now I'm sure. So you've got a landless heir going around liquidating things and he is getting a ton of gold, but you want that gold to go home to your first domain instead?

So, figure out a good that you can sell for a high price -- my example is high quality oak wood. Set it up to be sold and that your order will be bought first at that quality level. (I used oak because 4.5 star oak at @350 gold each doesn't move fast, so I was fairly sure the oak I would be buying was definitely mine.)

Have the heir buy the oak, all the heir's funds go to the main domain and he ends up with the oak. Now, sell the oak back at the lowest price possible, snatching it up with your main domain. Funds transfer complete, the main domain now has the oak and most of the gold! Medieval money laundering, has just been invented! Those poor peasants won't be getting their 50% cut of liquidation now.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2016, 01:02:30 am »

So, quick question: How does one get an heir? I spotted a nice cut of land near mine with salt and iron, and feel like expanding.
Takes 24 hours before the option to get a heir appears on your house page.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2016, 01:09:45 am »

Is there any reason an abandoned realm would have no peasants? Just came across one while I was liquidating.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2016, 01:10:16 am »

Decided to try this out as well, settled on Error Island, Lailleux 01770W:24833N.

Found a abandoned domain just 5 mins away and claimed it. Trying to figure out the market I think I just sold about 17k worth of pine for under 1k by mistake thinking there were no buyers and I could sell them to my main for bottomed out price, but it didn't seem to work.  :'(

I guess the easiest way is just to sell all for market price and then take the 50% with my Lord upon liquidation?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2016, 01:12:05 am »

Is there any reason an abandoned realm would have no peasants? Just came across one while I was liquidating.

Maybe someone came by and killed them off? I've noticed a lot of these as well.

Decided to try this out as well, settled on Error Island, Lailleux 01770W:24833N.

Found a abandoned domain just 5 mins away and claimed it. Trying to figure out the market I think I just sold about 17k worth of pine for under 1k by mistake thinking there were no buyers and I could sell them to my main for bottomed out price, but it didn't seem to work.  :'(

I guess the easiest way is just to sell all for market price and then take the 50% with my Lord upon liquidation?

Got to make sure the quality levels match. Likely your main put the buy order with a minimum quality level, and the pine you sold was below that level, thus it wouldn't purchase it.

Luckily there are lots of abandoned villages everywhere, so don't lose heart there is plenty more loot around!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 161