Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189151 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2016, 05:32:51 am »

Being the bastard I am, I went and looked for an iron mine, not satisfied with the 97% tin deposit.   
Mostly cause I could do everything with just Iron.   Why would I even want to bother with inferior material?

Its 80% quality iron ore, so reckon that is good stuff for selling?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:10:10 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2016, 06:28:10 am »

Oh fuck yeah! My request got accepted! Check out this swag domain 02405W:16642N

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2016, 06:34:45 am »

Oh fuck yeah! My request got accepted! Check out this swag domain 02405W:16642N

Nice, I assume you asked the old owner for permission for it? That is one way to use diplomacy to get a headstart!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2016, 06:39:46 am »

Yeah, I sent him a message saying I will be his vassal, ally, and give him loads of resources. I am still deciding whether I actually will.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:26 am »

Wow, congrats, what a great spot!

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2016, 06:50:15 am »

Does anyone know what happens when you have more goods than storage? I'm at 3000m3 of stuff I've nabbed, and only 1400 warehouse space. I'm trying to sell it off but if I'm going to lose everything over the limit at reset I'll probably have to sell some of this at rock bottom prices...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2016, 08:10:43 am »

Does anyone know what happens when you have more goods than storage? I'm at 3000m3 of stuff I've nabbed, and only 1400 warehouse space. I'm trying to sell it off but if I'm going to lose everything over the limit at reset I'll probably have to sell some of this at rock bottom prices...

What continent are you on? I can buy good quality iron and iron ore off you, if you have it.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2016, 08:36:27 am »

What continent are you on? I can buy good quality iron and iron ore off you, if you have it.

I'm on Tetra, but I don't have any iron.

It is mostly the bricks, wagons, and tiles taking up space.  I think i'll be alright, been steadily selling bricks all morning. Already down to 1600m3.

I sure wish I could spend some of this gold to speed up construction though! Going to take about 3 days to finish the wood castle with 2 carpenters and a roofer. I think it might help if I get someone with digging skill, not sure.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:51 am »

It starts disappearing. Slowly, maybe hourly.
I could tell you a story about a "guy" I know who lost a shit ton of high value goods because he demolished all the buildings in a town planning to sell the resources the next day, only to wake up and find half the stuff gone, and mostly the good stuff gone ----

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2016, 09:19:09 am »

How can you tell how long someone has been gone and then how do you liquidate their stuff if they abandoned it?

Edit:  And how do you buy more land?   :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:22:10 am by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 20, 2016, 09:27:18 am »

It starts disappearing. Slowly, maybe hourly.
I could tell you a story about a "guy" I know who lost a shit ton of high value goods because he demolished all the buildings in a town planning to sell the resources the next day, only to wake up and find half the stuff gone, and mostly the good stuff gone ----

Ok -- that is pretty scary. Luckily I've sold off a ton of the excess so far. Sitting on 233k gold and another 20-30k left to be sold. If it disappears slowly, then maybe it is still worth it to keep overstocking and just selling stuff as fast as I can.

How can you tell how long someone has been gone and then how do you liquidate their stuff if they abandoned it?

Your looking for dead lords, they have a black stripe over their character. Then make sure they don't have any heirs left as well. Finally make sure they've been dead for over 7 days. Then you can go to their town square and claim the domain. Once you have it claimed, go to the resources and sell everything while demolishing any huts they had built. Once everything is demolished -- you don't have to fill in roads -- you can 'liquidate' the domain and receive half the gold.

A more lucrative practice is to manipulate the sell/buy orders and sell all the high value goods to your main domain at the lowest price possible, which you then sell at the much higher sell price. This way you don't have to wait for all the stuff to sell in the claimed domain...you can keep moving on to more abandoned domains and end up with tons and tons of goods all being sold in your main domain.

I think I need a nap now, all this liquidationing had scrambled my brain.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 20, 2016, 10:48:58 am »

I think I am being threatened D:

Hello Dame Etiennette,

Welcome to our Island. Permit me to present: Sir Roland de Froncebois, administrator of the estates of this part of the island. If you wish, you are welcome in in dungeon, or I could present you the situation of the island, as well as its business opportunities.

If you need help, let me know, and I will do my best to help you.

Yours,

Sire Rolland

D: D: D: :D :D :D
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:13 am »

Check to see if he's got any soldiers... or any military capacity at all.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2016, 11:33:05 am »

Yeah, he's got soldiers, and history of killing off new settlements in the area as well - I've seen his name mentioned in several logs of domains I've been seizing and liquidating.

I think I'm going to write him back and call him a cur and a dastard for threatening a lady.
Love, scriver~

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2016, 11:41:50 am »

I think I'm going to write him back and call him a cur and a dastard for threatening a lady.

Teach me how to diplomacy
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 161