Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189058 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2016, 12:49:00 am »

Finished the school, started training some carpenters. Even got some shiny medals for my earlier efforts, which is always nice.

Meanwhile I have my two characters traveling up to the snowy area to empty out some abandoned domains... I have over 10 on my list to go through all in a small area. I'm sure there are more If I want to keep looking too. Seems people are more likely to give up in the snow, that or there are just more people active in the south snapping them up.

Should have my diamond mine and first smelter setup in an hour as well, I'm hoping diamonds are worth a pretty penny.

Also considering building a hunter, as they seem to have just added hunting and I have a good bit of trees that would have meat available. I really need more huts though so I think i'll hold off on that until I get more population.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2016, 12:52:38 am »

Starting my first liquidation, so when half the funds get transferred to my main person is it automatically transferred to his only other domain or do I literally have to tax it out of him.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2016, 12:59:27 am »

Not 100% sure. When I did my earlier liquidations, it was with my second character who didn't have a domain yet. When she founded her own domain all the funds immediately were deposited into the Domain's account.

Edit: It seems we have our answer. The gold doesn't immediately go to their old domain immediately on liquidation. (The exception is if you found a new domain, all the current gold in their pockets does go to the treasury right away.) Instead it sits in your Lord/Lady's pockets until midnight when it gets divided evenly to all the domains/orders they currently control.

Edit2: Damn, I just got a small settlement that seems to have been left to its own for a month. It had a school and several workers working on their own the whole time... so instead of the standard low quality resources I've been selling off I nabbed 200 of really high quality oak for floor price, and 1500t of high quality sandstone. That and gloves, everyone needs gloves it seems.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:57:45 am by nate9090 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2016, 05:50:33 am »

How can you tell if a domain is abandoned?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2016, 05:56:03 am »

How can you tell if a domain is abandoned?

Check to see if the lord is dead.
Also if they clearly haven't finished the tutorial and the last activity was 7dayish ago.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2016, 05:59:54 am »

The owner will have a black stripe across their portrait meaning they are dead. Check the date they died, and that they have no living heirs. Also they have to have died 7 or more days ago for you to be able to claim it.

Damn, that oak when fully sold off will have went for 60k gold. Already sold a quarter of it already too. I guess there is a real market for high quality goods out there that this liquidation business doesn't really touch.

Edit: I've turned this liquidation effort into a roleplay story in-game, haha. It is quite fun to write about the game events.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:29:19 am by nate9090 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2016, 06:40:16 am »

...how is heirr formed?
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2016, 07:44:53 am »

...how is heirr formed?

When you make a new character they automatically become your heir. Basically all 3 of your characters are heir to each other.

Huge tip: I just figured out that each time you liquidate a place, make sure you 'find' on meadows or shrubland. You get a ton of sheep/pigs/cows you can then sell for a good bit of gold in addition to the other starting resources they have.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2016, 08:13:40 am »

Are you just selling all the animals?
I found myself a place with a bunch of cows, amongst other goodies yesterday. Im having trouble selling off all these goods since I cant shake the need to try and horde it all. (but..but...but... what if I need this shiny thing later?)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2016, 08:35:25 am »

Over the last 8 hours I've liquidated 12 settlements. I'm just selling stuff that doesn't have a big price gap, with the exception of a few things like bricks and nails. The stuff with big gaps like rope, I send back to be sold at the settlement.

I'm not sure if I'm just getting tired or if the market is slowing down, but it does seem like it is getting a lot harder to get things sold.

Even so, I'm up to 60k and 20k gold coin in my two main domains, with both having 65-70k of value on the goods in stockpile. Not bad...not bad at all for the second day I think, haha.

I think I need to stop trying to build resource production in my towns and focus just on expanding to get more workers to use all this stuff!

I really had a chuckle looking at the balance sheet for today just now:

And that isn't even with all the stuff sold! Plus the 25k and 23k both my characters have in personal funds that will be deposited to the treasury at midnight.

I feel like a real merchant moving all this stuff around, haha.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2016, 08:36:57 am »

Jesus christ o.O
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2016, 08:39:14 am »

Careful: people can see your wealth, and can kill you to steal it. Including your peasants... Remember that.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2016, 08:43:57 am »

Yeah, I know. Even if they do though, I still made out like a bandit. Of course, my characters are like 8 hours away from my domain, so they'd have to make a long trek to get to me, and then I'd probably have moved on by then. Once the money is deposited at midnight, that won't be a problem anymore as well.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2016, 08:45:52 am »

Yea thats some good going. I was thinking along the lines of Ehndras also and wondering, since nothing can be hidden in this game once someone is aware of you. I wonder what is the point of a heir? I made a "wife" but its not like you can hide your heir anyway since anyone can be located on the map. So whoever kills you, can hunt down your heirs.

Im guessing a heir is worthless until you have a stronghold to put them in. I noticed there is a wooden castle, only a few hundred nails and wood, although high skills need 250 carpentry etc, so how many men/skilled men you need to get it started I dont know

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2016, 08:52:46 am »

Does anyone else buy/sell goods to make money? Is it viable?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 161