Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189026 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2016, 03:24:18 pm »

Woodcutter you train in a forest. Not sure about miner.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:33 pm »

I think areas with more active players don't have as many, is because people obviously grab them if they are close by.

It probably isn't worth doing once your established, like AlStar said. Snapping up abandoned settlements and selling them off probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind to new players as well, so that is another reason some get left for so long.

If a person doesn't complete the tutorial they die in a few days, but once they do it takes a lot longer, 30 days, for them to die off. I've noticed a lot of places that are still in that 30 day period. An...unscrupulous person could come along and help them die...a little sooner. Then you'd only have to wait 7 days after they died instead of the 7 days and whatever is left of the 30 day period. Just got to make sure they don't have any heirs.

Of course you run the risk of accidentally killing someone who wasn't gone...and probably get a reputation as a murderer.

How exactly do I get a woodcutter or miner? DO I need to build a school? If so, where do I find that?

Miner can be trained in a mine once you build one.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2016, 03:29:57 pm »

How exactly do I get a woodcutter or miner? DO I need to build a school? If so, where do I find that?
You can train a woodcutter in any forest, and a miner at any mine.  Schools just allow you to train just about anyone with out having to build the building first.  Some exceptions like roofers and such need a school.

You train by using the training tab on the bottom.  Check the help file if training for the specialization you want isn't showing up.  The help knows all, sees all.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:14 pm »

So! I do have one question. Should I bother trying to build a well? Or should I expand to the east a bit and take that lake for my domain?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »

Wells provide drinking water; rivers, ponds and oceans provide locations for sand pits, water mills and fishing.

Not really related, so do both.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2016, 04:14:43 pm »

I think the best starting thing to do is to build more huts and houses to expand your population while managing to maintain a healthy income. More huts means more expansion capacity, meaning more land with resources to exploit.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2016, 04:17:41 pm »

There are better/more efficient buildings to build to gain territory over huts and houses.  But yeah, never stop making huts and houses.  You'll always want more people.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2016, 04:21:32 pm »

Alright.

Also, if I end up leaving the game unattended for a day without logging in, will everything be fine minus the chance of being attacked? I really like these 'check in once or twice a day, do stuff, leave' type things, but ones where not doing so every day hurts you kinda suck.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2016, 04:25:02 pm »

Shooer (Tor Flunk) and TTHSK (Twelvehammer) are located at 3250W:1650N in the south with nate and Empty located to their west. I'm (Undermantle) located at 2500W:1600N and I placed my first expansion closer to them at 2850W:1625N. A very cursory glance of the area doesn't show all that many large players.

After looking around the area of my new settlement a bit more it appears there is a murderous bastard named James Calhoun, the Lord of Libertatem, who has expanded quite a bit since his birth on December 4. He's been roaming the surrounding areas with an army of six and killing small/inactive leaders. Then his heirs move in and either claim the settlements or make them a vassal. He has four gold mines in his starting city and is potentially quite dangerous. Tread lightly friends. I'm thinking heirs seem really valuable (can you spawn new ones if one dies?) so I'll probably move my daughter to my home city and anticipate that my new settlement is just going to get lit up.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

I've been playing the market for about and hour while waiting for my school to finish and thanks to some wide price gaps have already netted in a few thousand gold just by buying at near floor price and selling for 3-10x that. At least in Tetra the goods seems to move pretty fast, so I'm not sure why the price gaps are so huge. Not complaining here though!

Shooer (Tor Flunk) and TTHSK (Twelvehammer) are located at 3250W:1650N in the south with nate and Empty located to their west. I'm (Undermantle) located at 2500W:1600N and I placed my first expansion closer to them at 2850W:1625N. A very cursory glance of the area doesn't show all that many large players.

After looking around the area of my new settlement a bit more it appears there is a murderous bastard named James Calhoun, the Lord of Libertatem, who has expanded quite a bit since his birth on December 4. He's been roaming the surrounding areas with an army of six and killing small/inactive leaders. Then his heirs move in and either claim the settlements or make them a vassal. He has four gold mines in his starting city and is potentially quite dangerous. Tread lightly friends. I'm thinking heirs seem really valuable (can you spawn new ones if one dies?) so I'll probably move my daughter to my home city and anticipate that my new settlement is just going to get lit up.

I'm pretty sure that as soon as one of your characters dies you can create another one right away. According to the help they can't really steal your domain unless you don't have your heir claim it in time. Although they can force it to become their vassal.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2016, 04:35:19 pm »

What's the difference between becoming a vassal and being conquered? Is it effectively the same or just having to pay money/be diplomatically aligned with your liege?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »

Game looks mighty promising, going to give it a try, though I can already sense this becoming an OCD nightmare.

Is there a decent starter guide or something along those lines available? Lots of options available it seems, potential to mess things up.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:47:35 pm by Mookzen »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »

Is it possible to mine basalt?

Also how do I tell where ore is? Do words just come up when you mouse over certain areas?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »

Is it possible to mine basalt?

Also how do I tell where ore is? Do words just come up when you mouse over certain areas?

This took me to figure out because of the snow that was everywhere except in the south.

There are little colored patches of ground (that don't show up in the snow, so zoom out until it disappears) that are colored differently. Click on those and they'll tell you what kind of deposit they are.

Here's a screenshot:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:45:43 pm by nate9090 »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2016, 05:03:14 pm »

You can see them in the snow but it's a lot harder.  Regular plains are easy to distinguish, just click on anything that looks different.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 161