Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184998 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #3075 on: July 12, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »

keep a close eye on the cocoon, but see what happens

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 12, 2019, 06:17:49 pm »

Take a look with soul vision too. Does it have our soul inside? Would we know if it did?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 12, 2019, 07:06:19 pm »

after this write on the book below the scholar part

"15 doombolts at the same time works, I killed one in [place city name] with a trap carefully put in a book, you are right about the dragon, I wish to go there you can count with my spidery muscles, WHERE is this deadlands? you have any way to contact the ones that quarantine my city? I need to get survivors to a safe zone, of course, I won't talk too much about where exactly I am, I don't know how much users we have, and if the gestating is watching"

if he can write, we can talk with him
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 13, 2019, 10:29:50 am »

Burn that cocoon.  I just want to have one of these secondary concerns to end, instead of simply accumulating more and more things to deal with.  We've already got the world ending, after all, no time for this many sidequests.

I'm okay with trying to contact someone via the book, though.  And doombolts might have only worked because it was in a magic-drained zone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 14, 2019, 01:56:27 pm »

Sting the cacoon, obviously.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:08 pm »

*glance left*
*glance right*
+1 to that !!FUN!! idea above me.
OBVIOUSLY sting it.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 14, 2019, 04:31:43 pm »

*glance left*
*glance right*
+1 to that !!FUN!! idea above me.
OBVIOUSLY sting it.
I thought the !!FUN!! Idea was giving it to the scientists, also, why sting it? We don’t know what it is turning into, and it may be friendly, after all, it was a part of us at some point, probably not though, in any case, it would still be a good idea to examine it before going on the attack,

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 14, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

We've already had evil twin shenanigans.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 15, 2019, 04:54:21 pm »

I still can't believe you did that.
I was curious! And whatever was going to pop out wasn't going to be as nice as my babies...
You hug your newest child, a comparatively massive light-blue spider. She looks a lot like mommy! Well, minus the human parts. But she's so pretty, otherwise! She's about three times larger than even your newest children, and they were fairly large already. For comparison, this one's about the size of a medium dog. In spiderterms, that's about a "holy shit!" in size, but not quite to the point that it would be exceptional amongst giant spiders. But, then again, this one is still a juvenile.
Sure. But that still leaves open quite a few questions. Just how smart is this thing, anyhow? It keeps giving me looks and i feel as though you'd be angry if I had to defend myself.
Because you'd do it with extreme prejudice.
True.
Well, she likes you. And not in the food sense, she just generally likes the look of you. You can tell from from how she clicks her pedipalps together a bit. Aww, look! You're a nice little spider, aren't you? You wanna play with your brothers? Go on!
The spider scurries off to play with the other white ones. Mostly playhunting, with the newest member being the prey. The size difference makes it a logical exercise.
Creepy... Yunikki says. Her voice is just about back, but she's still sparse with her words.
The spiders are "purring" in the meantime. Turns out that's the noise they make when they're happy. Mind you, you should probably let them hunt, soon. You don't doubt they'll be able to kill a bird or lizard by themselves, though it'll take some traps. Maybe they can kill some vermin, as well. You don't know how, but there's been a few lizards around that have been getting at the grain. The lizards aren't as bad as rats would be, they don't tear open sacks or leave quite as much droppings on the food, but it's still kind of annoying.
Then there's a sudden purple flash through the room, and most thoughts go quiet.

Did you just fire a deathbolt?
I didn't. Don't even have a target or anything, so... What was that light?
Yunikki is rolling her eyes at the situation, to the point that you fear they might just roll out of her sockets. She's clearly not pleased at the current development, whatever that may be. Fortunately, she's kind enough to explain the situation. Still in a sparse amount of words.
Magic spider.
You do some very unbecoming squealing at the prospect. Looking back, it was very unbecoming of you to have that reaction to having a magic spider, but you were really excited and honestly? Since that little purge you feel like a girl again! Like, before all this nonsense with the bandits and the thing that happened...
Hm.
You just made yourself sad, but you don't... really know why? Your heart just feels cold all of a sudden, like an icicle is going through it. You shake it off.

The deathbolt was just used to lock the lizard in place, however, and the white spiders are quick on taking it down. They sting it down, and bite off its head before it can move. Strangely, they don't seem to eat it for a while, instead preferring to hang back a little. Strange reaction, but...
The lizard is wriggling and bulging up. That is unusual, to say the least. In fact, one could place that under "highly worrying". After a tense few seconds, the skin of the lizard basically explodes off, and out pops... a little spiderite! It's considerably smaller than your own spiderlings, and you don't feel quite as attached to this thing as you are to your direct descendants. Still, this feels like it would snowball.
All your companions are currently looking at you in that "well, how do we even react to this" kind of way. It's still on it's way of hitting you, though. Give it a few seconds
Ah, ok, your mind worked its way through the fog! let's see what you just fully realized:
Oh you've got kids that can create more spiders how positively droll

Maybe you should take a close look at your kids. Or maybe just start planning a way out of here.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Spiders

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 15, 2019, 06:30:41 pm »

fuck yes

this was worth taking forceful purification

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 15, 2019, 06:48:35 pm »

fuck yes

this was worth taking forceful purification
Yes to what? If possible we should examine our kids then find a way out of here. This sentence without context sounds weird

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 15, 2019, 06:58:48 pm »

Lets go kill Jack and get everyone out of here, and then kill a dragon with a vertiable army of spiders.

We've got bombs, right?  Lets get it done right this time, where everything blows up and we drop a building on her.

I also do think that if we kill Jack, we should be able to make enough of an opening for the others to just walk out.

So.. eat something, bomb jack down, and let everyone mostly just walk to the coast.  Hopefully they'll be able to cobble together a boat or something.

Check out our spiders, and I recommend seeing if we can get any power from eating/releasing the giant crab ancient thing.  Maybe the kid is the key to that thing.  Then we blow up Jack properly, which should let the people leave.  After that, we keep stinging things and kill a dragon with a vertiable army of spiders.  We can worry about spiderpocalypse after solving plaguepocalpse.

Plus.. well, we could spin it a bit positive.  Now we probably won't need our companions to come with us to help with the numbers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:23:37 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 15, 2019, 06:59:03 pm »

Name the lieutenant Brainpower. Devote all attention towards teaching her basic necromancy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:23 pm »

Lets go kill Jack and get everyone out of here, and then kill a dragon with a vertiable army of spiders.

We've got bombs, right?  Lets get it done right this time, where everything blows up and we drop a building on her.

I also do think that if we kill Jack, we should be able to make enough of an opening for the others to just walk out.

So.. eat something, bomb jack down, and let everyone mostly just walk to the coast.  Hopefully they'll be able to cobble together a boat or something.

Check out our spiders, and I recommend seeing if we can get any power from eating/releasing the giant crab ancient thing.  Maybe the kid is the key to that thing.  Then we blow up Jack properly, which should let the people leave.  After that, we keep stinging things and kill a dragon with a vertiable army of spiders.  We can worry about spiderpocalypse after solving plaguepocalpse.

Plus.. well, we could spin it a bit positive.  Now we probably won't need our companions to come with us to help with the numbers.
Name the lieutenant Brainpower. Devote all attention towards teaching her basic necromancy.
+1 to both of these

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 17, 2019, 11:45:33 am »

Finally caught up! Got to say really disappointed in some of the Level Ups, but oh well.

+1 to both of these
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 216