Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185765 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2250 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:40 am »

(I thought we could just stab it anywhere and have it work, given enough time, not that it had to be down the throat.)

(I have to agree actually. Did we end up missing that somewhere?)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: July 12, 2018, 03:52:48 pm »

(I thought we could just stab it anywhere and have it work, given enough time, not that it had to be down the throat.)

hmm, the first description is that it has to enter somebody, it don't say HOW it has to be injected nor that it has a sting, but I remenber that it was written somewhere

Hmmm, can't our arm leave on it's own and do his thing? maybe we can trade to let it spread a bit further in our arm but bite it off, let's hope he will fight ferociously to get back to us

before this, see the ambient

oh god, where we spent that poison sting?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: July 13, 2018, 08:16:44 am »

I thought I mentioned it had to be inserted into some sort of orifice. Considering I hammered it home that even BULLETS fail to really pierce that thing's hide, anything other than the mouth wouldn't have worked to begin with. For reference, it was essentially a left 4 dead tank on a drider's body (with added legs on places that don't need legs.).
But, you failed on even grappling the thing long enough to try jamming it in there. You were going to need a roll of 15 to even hang on, and an 18 to actually get the worm where it needed to be. Then, I was going to roll a dice to see how long it takes for the damn thing to cram itself down the throat that barely has the space to allow air.
You rolled a 1 on the grapple. The abomination didn't.

You decide to just get an idea of what is happening. Soulsight is the first thing you get out of the way, but you can't see anything of note other than the scientist lady that's going around, talking to herself. Or to you, maybe, but you're in no position to really talk back. Nor do you want to. You need to look around, find a way out, maybe even find some help. You do detect some bits of life behind a wall, but behind a wall might as well be on the other side of the world, if you're stuck in a tank.
Ah, say, on that note: I WOULD like to know where you developed the double whammy in vampirism. I've never seen that before, and they're combining in odd ways. You've got some interesting blood, to say the least!
You bubble a little more, not even saying anything. You're just blowing into the mouthpiece to indicate general displeasure.
Oh, don't worry. I'll have you out of there soon and onto a fresh operating table. Something as powerful as you HAS to be improved, you know. Especially considering you brought so many undesirables to Victoria's doorstep. Poor, senile old moron. Oh! Did you she tell you that she got so powerful through her age? Hah! She was a weak old bitty when I found her, forgot to ask for eternal youth when she got that eternal life! Demons, before you ask. Back when they were around, of course, those dwarves sure gave them what for! Hahaha! But that's about five-hundred years ago, at this point. It should be about time for me to move on, and with a prize like you... You're even easy to get out of here, you know, considering your mother's the one making all these easy-to-make drider slaves. Quite useful, though, so much more test subjects. That silly cow got the idea that a drider's life is worth more in the pursuit of science. Laughable!
She just keeps fucking talking. You had a suspicion your mother was involved, but the whole feeling of getting drowned is already kind of overriding your heightened emotions. As it turns out, you do NOT like being submerged in water. Although this has the consistency of syrup, it's very hard to properly wiggle around in, even though the tank is kind of huge to fit your body in it.
You NEED to get out of here.

You briefly consider gnawing off your arm, but you're stopped by two things. One, there's a mouthpiece you are suing to breathe, which seems important to keep on. Second, considering you can't feel all of your body right now, you probably don't have the blood left in you to try such a stunt. Still, if you would manage, it would probably do SOMETHING. In this syrupy mess, it's hard to get enough speed to throw a big enough punch. Well, time to look at outside sources.
Switching to your cat shows the mousy little girl and the prisoners, placed in the police station. She had to bring them herself? You can FEEL the boredom from the cat, too. You bet it isn't impressed, but you couldn't really tell the creature to leave while you were unconscious/dead. You swap to your pigeon, which is currently flying around your party. It's been staying away from most of the battles, considering it's a pigeon, but now it seems to be interested where YOU went. The party seems to have doused the torch, and looks really on edge. You are happy to note two important things, however. Hal is currently talking into your radio, though you can't tell what he's saying, and the Sucy is carrying your bandolier of grenades. Did the monster remove it? Probably a good thing, considering... You don't want those thing in the hands of this scientist lady.
Your rats, however...
You can't quite "connect" with them. Maybe they died? You didn't feel anything of note, but they just... up and died, you suppose. Maybe your near-death experience was enough to jostle the control loose, and without the control there's nothing you can do.

Looks like you really are stuck.

Try to annoy the scientist into letting you out.
You've got bubbles, and you can tap the tank with SOME force, though you won't be breaking the thick glass anytime soon. But, maybe, eventually.

Control the pigeon to guide the group.
It'll take a lot of focus, you suspect.

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: July 13, 2018, 11:24:34 am »

option 1)solve ourselves

pros: we get to free from this draining tubes fast and maybe the scientist is easy to kill/make squeak

cons: how will we battle the scientist on a place where she controls? what if we barely can get up after her?

maybe we can remove some of the tubes? twist our body in a way they unplug? she will then have to come to us to solve it, maybe

call the group

oh the classical rescue of the hero on his last moments

pros: they will have numbers to battle it and will manage to help us when they get here

cons: they will take some time, god knows how long it will take

my suggestion would be this

1) trying to make the pidgeon and the cat comunicate and write "Laboratory FAST" (the cat can write with it's claws almost anywhere, the poo conductor have to yell a bit and try to make writing movements with it's claws and hope someone have a pen or something)
2) try to remove the tubes, if it work nice, if it won't, errr try to writte "ally?" on the tube? At least just knock the glass three times and try to laugh as if we know something to make her uneasy and go to
3) try to guide our pals

I see that you are having fun with the poop master pidgeon
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: July 13, 2018, 05:39:53 pm »

Tell our arm that there's prey over there that it can get at if it just detaches from our shoulder.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:18 pm »

Tell our arm that there's prey over there that it can get at if it just detaches from our shoulder.
This sounds good. On the remote off-chance that we can't talk our own limbs off and then go on to convince them to walk(not that we don't have natural((and less so)) talents in that field), we might be able to send out a leech somehow? I wonder what an undead mind-control leech can do...

Gah! They done milked us!?! There goes the plan to sting the nutrient bath...

Contacting the party is also good! It should be easy enough to let them know that we are awake again. With a bit of luck they can multiple-choice us to "captured" and we could lead them to us if they are so inclined. We are not really vocal enough to be calling shots for them though. A pigeon with most of its vital functions missing is not the greatest orator, and leadership tends to have certain needs...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: July 14, 2018, 02:13:06 am »

Can we do the vomit up black stuff thing on demand?  That'll get the tank drained.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: July 14, 2018, 03:44:02 am »

Can we do the vomit up black stuff thing on demand?  That'll get the tank drained.
I think "on demand" may be overselling our ability. But taking some tea with Death is likely to work. Or we could experiment with theoretical necromancy. We have no mana, but even unpowered we might be able to form a technique, or we could look into something that requires no mana.

Ummm.... Attempt to send the nearest soul into the nearest electrical light. Haunted L.E.D.s for the win!!! Meditate upon death, we could really use a cuppa, and this whole "demons" issue might be relevant to their interests....

Then again, we are currently in a bacta tank with a breathing tube in our mouth, remaining here, vomit-free, might be preferable, even if the vomit is transient...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: July 14, 2018, 03:47:50 am »

Yeah, notifying the gang would definately be the first step.  That said, we're being monitored, and I'll bet anything there will be an emergency drain in case of vomit.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: July 14, 2018, 05:47:52 pm »

Your arm seems fairly unconvinced about leaving you alone, mostly because it's sentience is kind of questionable. I mean, last time it killed somebody without your help it had to be surgically removed first, and you don't have a saw. Or the amount of blood left in you. Well, you'll just improvise. You focus for a moment, and you send you bird to swoop down to the party. They first jump back, but fortunately hold their fire. Then you... realize that you've never done a game of charades in your life, and most certainly not with a pigeon. Considering that a pigeon's brain is about the size of an acorn, you suspect it won't be giving you any great advice at how to proceed. You eventually have it coo and screech while scratching the metal grating in what you hope to be close enough to writing. Eventually, Sucy spring forward with a bottle of ink and what looks like paper. It has an odd coloration, but it will coo. I mean do.
Pigeons are featherbrains at best.
After some heavy concentration, you eventually manage to write down:
"labbb q capptur S
FAST"

You suspect they get the point, and the relieved look of Hal and Yunikki show that they, at least, know that you're both alive and conscious. If only because they know you would control the pigeon. The gunslinger looks confused, at best, but he doesn't let it show. In the meantime, you also try to get the same message across with the cat, who is fortunately smart enough to just steal a pen to write:
CAPTURED. LAB. SEND HELP
It took about ten minutes, but at least it's clear.  It seems to send some people in gear, at least. You think you spot the ZEAL team going in, guessing from the skulled masks. Pretty nasty customers, best you can tell, serious weaponry and methodical, military precision. Also of note: another bulldozer unit with a particular suit and a skull painted on his visor. Oof.

Well, that's taken care of, for now. Now it's up to you.
Now, under normal circumstances, you would never even consider removing your only source of air when submerged in a tank of water, especially when you're this injured. But, on the other hand, you ARE really driven. Taking a deep breath, you use your big meaty hand to take the air hose, and pull.
Now, you did get a quick reminder that it was attached to you with some really solid straps, so you kind of feel like you nearly snapped your neck. But, you did succeed in misaligning the thing so water is slowly filling the breathing mask, so you DO get to slowly drown. The stuff tastes like chicken, which is kind of disgusting even if you like chicken. It's chicken-flavored syrup that's just...
really really gross.
Also, the whole impending death thing is really putting a damper on the whole groove of the situation. You hear the docotr humming away, though she looks up when your heartbeat starts speeding up to rather crazy levels as you lose your last pocket of air and start getting syrup in your nose. You hear her swear loudly, and she presses a button. You feel a cold sting in the base of your spine, and feel most of your body going limp. Then, all at once, the tank is drained of all fluids at an astonishing rate. The scientist then quickly opens up the pod in the front (glass door? What.) and removes your mask after removing the straps.
Now look what happened. Tsk tsk, my big friend. You need that healing, you know, it'll be a bumpy ride out of here. And it's not any easier with you paralysed.
Fuck you. You manage to say, using the one piece that doesn't feel completely numb.
Oh my, really? How flattering! But no, not when I'm preparing escapes, darling. However, I suppose I'll have to hurry thing along MY way if I'm going to get you operational, filling the tank up takes quite a bit more effort, you know! Oh well, Albus! She claps her hands twice, and you hear a rumbling noise. You resist the urge to roll your eyes when you see the monster that bodied you stroll around the corner. God, that thing looks even bigger when you're looking at it from the floor.
Albus, honey, would you be a dear and bring her to the operating table? It seems I'll have to apply a few enhancements to get her moving. Chop chop!
The monster scoops you up like a baby, and starts carrying you as the scientist starts happily guiding the monster. She's even humming a tune as she bounces her upper body slightly from side to side. She's frustratingly chipper for being a sociopathic maniacal geneticist, though I suppose she's be in good company on Bay12.

Start talking, and talk FAST. It's just about your only option. Just long enough to get some feeling in arms again, at least?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: July 14, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »

Start singing.

...Different note. I see no reason why demonic flesh should give a damn about sedatives. Sure, maybe we've lost connection, but that just means that the thing should no longer be held back by our will.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:01:50 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: July 14, 2018, 07:10:04 pm »

We've got a lot of stories about the things we've went through and the various physical incidents we've gone through, mutations, vampirism, etc.  Should be good to buy us some time, and this researcher isn't leaving here alive.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: July 14, 2018, 07:29:51 pm »

Nah, if she dies here she'll just be able to take over someone else's body using the spores that she uses to infect every single person she ever meets.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: July 14, 2018, 07:53:29 pm »

the thing should no longer be held back by our will.
Even Slaanesh uses I.F.F. protocols. Without us to determine targets it can't really justify running wild...

Ask Alvis if they are in a relationship with the queen.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: July 14, 2018, 08:56:57 pm »

I considering alexia to come on the last moments in case we don't manage

she with that cursed arm will be a monster

but for now,she want's to know about vampirism and stuff, we could say her what she want's to know and buy us time

ASK ABOUT OUR MOTHER, say that we were worried that it was our fault because of our large amounts of genetic material on the market

Try to make she excited about our adventures, try to seduce her to our side, or just seduce. ask her relation

If we are halfway to seducing but we can't lose the chance to grab her, do that, say that if the giant comes any closer we kill her and do some psycho talk about the thrill of being close to death, and how exciting adventures she can have on topside with us without the stagnant bullshit of the queen

if shit won't work...
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 216